Video game Tier lists

Started by Barnes, April 08, 2007, 11:49:04 AM

Barnes

In this thread, post Tier lists for video games.
NOTE:Some Tier lists should be taken with a grain of salt, and are VERY debatable.

Game:Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Source: http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Tiers_%28MvC2%29
Tier list:

QuoteGod Tier

Sentinel
Storm
Cable
Magneto

Is is generally accepted that Sentinel and Storm are slightly above Cable and Magneto within this tier, but this is a very very slight difference.

High Tier

Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Doctor Doom
Strider
Spiral
Dhalsim
Blackheart

High Middle Tier

Psylocke
Captain Commando
Tron Bonne

Middle Tier

Cammy
Colossus
Gambit
Iceman
Juggernaut
Marrow
Guile
Mega Man
Omega Red
Rogue
Ruby Heart
Silver Samurai
Spiderman
Wolverine - Bone
Wolverine - Claw
Venom
Anakaris

Low Tier

Akuma
Ken
Ryu
Charlie
B.B. Hood
M.Bison
Captain America
Hulk
Jin
Jill
Felicia
Morrigan
Sakura
Sonson
Zangief

Bottom Tier

Amingo
Chun-Li
Hayato
Sabretooth
Shuma-Gorath
Thanos
Dan
Kobun

Roll Tier

Roll

Game:Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Source: http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Super_Street_Fighter_2_Turbo#Tiers
Tier list:

QuoteTop:
O.Sagat
Dhalsim
Boxer
Claw

Upper:
Dictator
Chun'
Ryu

Middle:
Deejay
Guile
Ken

Lower-Mid:
Fei-Long
Honda (Gets killed by fireballs, but does OK against 'Sim, and owns everyone without one)
Blanka

Bottom:
Zangief
Cammy
T. Hawk

I figure any game can have a Tier list. I just posted those two as examples.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Asa_Gohan

QuoteSuper Smash Brothers Melee tier listings
Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo
QFT

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

Barnes

Can you guys please state a source/link where you got your lists from. Thank you.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike:

Source: http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Street_Fighter_3:_3rd_Strike#Tiers

QuoteTop Tier:

Yun
   Chun-Li
   Ken
   Makoto (ARGUABLY -- she is said to be considered top tier in Japan, but non-Japanese players generally argue that her playstyle is too unpredictable and inconsistent to be top tier)

Upper Tier:

Dudley
   Yang
   Akuma
   Urien (Urien is considered dead even with Ryu in terms of matchups in Japan)

Middle Tier:

Ryu
   Oro
   Ibuki
   Elena
   Necro

Low Tier:

Alex
   Remy
   Q
   Hugo
   Twelve
   Sean
Yay, Haruko.

SohmaYuki

I was sorta confused by that tier listing for ST as well as MvC2... since they seemed off. So I checked with Watson about tiers and everything. I was closer, but my tiers were slightly off with Ryu and O.Sagat.

Top is more realistically...

Sim
Ryu
Shadaloo Vega

Mid Top is
Claw
Boxer
O.Sagat
O.Ken
Chun

Pretty much the rest of the cast here

Cammy last

The thing is The rest of the cast can move up and down based on the match. Gief is a threat to a huge amount of characters. Ryu vs. Gief is hardly an easy match for Ryu, and like I've been saying Guile and Deejay have a lot of good matches for them.

The conversation is funny, and apparently Valle/Watson and a lot of others all feel that Ryu is technically #1. The issue is that no one can really play him at top level anymore. If Ryu plays the way he's supposed to he beats every character atleast 6.5/3.5.

I find that interesting.

Sygmus

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 tier list:

top tier:
Itachi
One Tailed Kyuubi Naruto

high tier:
Kimimaro
Temari
CS2 Sasuke
Awakened Hinata
Neji
Kisame
Gaara
Kankuro

middle tier:
Rock Lee
Orochimaru
Haku
Sakon and Ukon
Ten Ten
Zabuza
Tsunade
Ino

low tier:
Gai
Naruto
Kidomaru
Jiroubu
Shikamaru
Kabuto
Jiraiya
Hinata
Mizuki
3rd Hokage
Kiba

bottom tier:
Choji
Kakashi
Iruka
Shino
Anko
Tayuya
Sakura

This was taken from the Willvolution forum with a slight modification to reflect my experience.

Barnes

Game: F-Zero (SNES)
Source:Just based on overall results I get. XD

Top Tier:
Fire Stingray

Mid Tier:
Wild Goose
Blue Falcon

Bottom tier:
Golden Fox
Yay, Haruko.

Makou

Does anyone know the Tier list for Immaterial and Missing Power (Touhou fighting game)?

I've been looking for it and I haven't found anything really concrete.

Barnes

I'm working on a list for F-Zero GX. Non-custom machines.
Source:Posts I read on GameFaqs years ago, and estimates.

Top Tier:
Fat Shark?
Hyper Speeder?

High Tier:
Black Bull?
Sonic Phantom?
Dark Sch.?

I gotta play more GX.
Yay, Haruko.

HentaiTentacleDemon

can any MvC2 player explain to me how Guile is better than Charlie?

Moogleborg

Quote from: "Barnes"
   Makoto (ARGUABLY -- she is said to be considered top tier in Japan, but non-Japanese players generally argue that her playstyle is too unpredictable and inconsistent to be top tier)

I consider Makoto to be top tier.....a lot of her specials can be comboed into extremely quickly, making for highly damaging (and stunning) combos. She can also make a lot of very effective juggles, depending on how you time your attacks with her.
Running on moé, 24/7/365.