Milk Tea

Started by gmontem, April 10, 2007, 11:22:18 AM

Chloe

P-P-Passsionfruit Milk Tea/Slush/Snow Bubble/Tea!  

All with Boba/Pearls of course! (I've noticed that people in SolCal call it Boba, and people in NorCal call it Pearls)

And for Ohsu~ Thai Milk Tea, half sweet wiith pearls! :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Sidekick

Quote from: "Chloe"P-P-Passsionfruit Milk Tea/Slush/Snow Bubble/Tea!  

All with Boba/Pearls of course! (I've noticed that people in SolCal call it Boba, and people in NorCal call it Pearls)

And for Ohsu~ Thai Milk Tea, half sweet wiith pearls! :3

Hmm, I call it tapioca. o.o

gmontem

Haven't had milk tea since my visit to Hydration at Fanime. ;_;
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Chloe"All with Boba/Pearls of course! (I've noticed that people in SolCal call it Boba, and people in NorCal call it Pearls)

Ehhh? That's not true. The original name IS "boba", but tried to be translated as pearls for those who don't really know what it is. Some people even describe it as tapioca.

But my favorite milk tea... hard to say.

I like regular milk tea, with boba, plainly. My favorite is from this place called Xiang Wei on Irving St. on SF. From Quickly, I like having it in small boba.

I like honeydew and strawberry milk tea a lot. I also like mango and peach snow bubbles a lot, too. When it comes to fruit blended with milk, I like papaya and banana the best.

My favorite stuff to put in, other than boba, is... mago star, aloe, and coffee jelly.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

astroboy

Quote from: "gmontem"Haven't had milk tea since my visit to Hydration at Fanime. ;_;
What a coincidence, I went to Hydration too during Fanime (but I got the iced coffee). I saw it listed in the food guide placed at the info desks so naturally I was curious.

Aside from bubble tea that place has bento boxes with food proportions "just the right size". ---> a good place to go  if you don't want to eat too much.

When I went there during the con almost everybody in that restaurant was from Fanime.  8)

Chloe

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"
Quote from: "Chloe"All with Boba/Pearls of course! (I've noticed that people in SolCal call it Boba, and people in NorCal call it Pearls)

Ehhh? That's not true. The original name IS "boba", but tried to be translated as pearls for those who don't really know what it is. Some people even describe it as tapioca.

But my favorite milk tea... hard to say.

I like regular milk tea, with boba, plainly. My favorite is from this place called Xiang Wei on Irving St. on SF. From Quickly, I like having it in small boba.

I like honeydew and strawberry milk tea a lot. I also like mango and peach snow bubbles a lot, too. When it comes to fruit blended with milk, I like papaya and banana the best.

My favorite stuff to put in, other than boba, is... mago star, aloe, and coffee jelly.

Well, from what I've drawn from my SoCal friends and Norcal friends, it sure seems that way. D:

It's like NorCal people say hella more so than SoCal people.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

YummyCakeGirl

Coconut without! ^^ My stomach gets upset when I drink too many boba.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Chloe"Well, from what I've drawn from my SoCal friends and Norcal friends, it sure seems that way. D:

It's like NorCal people say hella more so than SoCal people.

Well, as I've said, "boba" is the original name for it, and "pearls" is just a translation. People in SoCal probably say the original term more because their Asian communities there are more updated and fobby because they have a regular amount of first-gen immigrants coming in from time to time... whether it be for vacation, school, or the area. XD In NorCal, there are more ABCs and 2nd to 6th generation immigrants.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Crazy_Saiko

i call it boba now..
went i went to LA to visit family XD they were like boba boba
and i was like.. WAT?? XD
then i realized.. oh.. pearls..
and from then.. i called it boba
but yeaz my favorit is

Mango Milk Tea with a mix of fruit jelly
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Nina Star 9

I have been deprived of milk tea. :< Is it good?

I do love boba, though. :3

punk_parfait

Bubble Black (English Tea or something), Green Tea, Pudding and Regular Milk ALL with Pearls~ ♥

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Chun

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on October 24, 2007, 04:52:02 PM
Earl Gray :3

It's like... Emma STEAMTRAINED a Tapioca Express....

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Appu

Quote from: K&K4ever on May 14, 2007, 11:03:28 PM
Chai

definetly chai tea

. . . does that even count though :?

In India, Chai = Plain hot milk tea with no pearls. For a while, saying "Milk Tea" sounded very redundant to me.

And my pref?

Plain Milk Tea, no boba.
Hot Earl Grey, no boba.

I don't get that often though, because there are a lot of 'em that I want to try out, and so far I think I've listed the winners [for me] =)
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Moonblossom

Regular milk tea without bubbles, chocolate-mint milk tea with bubbles.

*droooool*

KimaLucifer

Dimbula Milk Tea.

Bubbles can be rejected :X
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Golden State Warrior

Thai Iced Tea with pearls.

TaikoMoon

I love boba drinks. One of the best places is this shop next to 99 ranch in Milpitas. Unfortunately there are no good places in Hawaii. T_T so when I go back to the mainland I OD on boba. -drool-

-Azuki milk tea w/boba
-Melon snowbubble w/ lychee jelly
-Thai tea w/ boba
-Thai tea snowbubble w/ boba
-green apple tea w/ boba
-strawberry yogurt snowbubble w/boba or jelly

... the list goes on...
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

KawaiiAngel

I loooveee mango snows with mango stars in them..mmmmmm

pockystix

I'm totally rocking small boba now. I used buy more drinks because the large straws needed for regular boba made me drink faster, but ever since I converted to small boba (with small, regular straws) I only need to buy one drink. Less stomach aches, too.

PROTIP: DO NOT try Green Apple Milk Tea. Bad taste. Bad Bad Bad.
New sn = Meirin