24hrs?

Started by mojito, April 10, 2007, 11:35:39 AM

mojito

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all nighters right?

Tony

Yep, we have something going on pretty much all the time.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

mojito

Thank you very much!

darkstar

Quote from: "Tony"Yep, we have something going on pretty much all the time.

"Pretty much" all the time????

How many all-night video rooms will there be, for starters?  Six?  Eight??

Karaoke.  Probably dances.  Arcade???

And then there's all the informal gatherings.

No time for sleep.  :)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "darkstar"
Quote from: "Tony"Yep, we have something going on pretty much all the time.

"Pretty much" all the time????

How many all-night video rooms will there be, for starters?  Six?  Eight??

Karaoke.  Probably dances.  Arcade???

And then there's all the informal gatherings.

No time for sleep.  :)

W0rd.

So much to do at Fanime, so little time.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

mDuo13

It still tends to quiet down around 4-8am though. I kind of regretted staying up all night at the con last time.

heeroyuy135

I want to say that I'll be at the majority of the events, but if anything I'll try to get 6 hours of sleep and a good breakfast afterwards...and I do hope that come Monday night I can crash for a very long time, assuming that I don't open for work the next morning...

SuperKawaiiNeko

Sleep is for the weak. Staff doesnt get to sleep, why should you? XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

heeroyuy135

True. But then again I want to be functioning for the majority of the con...

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"True. But then again I want to be functioning for the majority of the con...

Who needs function... If it's one thing I have learned in math is that function and just about anything that needs functioning to work... sucks.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Long

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"True. But then again I want to be functioning for the majority of the con...

Who needs function... If it's one thing I have learned in math is that function and just about anything that needs functioning to work... sucks.
Let's see. Fanime, from Thursday to Monday, that's 4 nights. A human needs 8 hours of sleep to function, so starting at the very end of Tuesday, get 32 hours of sleep, and wake up on Thursday, and you're set. ;D

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Long"

Let's see. Fanime, from Thursday to Monday, that's 4 nights. A human needs 8 hours of sleep to function, so starting at the very end of Tuesday, get 32 hours of sleep, and wake up on Thursday, and you're set. ;D
that works, depending on how you look at it.

but here's a good word of advice: try to get more than a total of 8-10 hours of sleep during fanime.

i paid for it the hard way.....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "Long"

that works, depending on how you look at it.

but here's a good word of advice: try to get more than a total of 8-10 hours of sleep during fanime.

i paid for it the hard way.....
Agreed.

I mean, yeah I'll stay up one night, but not all three nights.

Tetsunai

I have to get plenty of sleep, at least on Monday. I'm the driver for my carpool back to Sacramento XD

Asa_Gohan

6-10 hours of sleep during all of fanime....felt like crap on monday xD fell asleep 5 times in random areas.  once next to a DDR machine, on a chair, playing SSBM twice, and watching one piece. So here is what I might start doing if I have the endurance.  Actually...nvm this does work cause, though dont quote me on this, there was a study on sleep at berkley I think on sleep. A person can function normally even if theyre sleep pattern is like this...
3 hours awake, 15 minutes of sleep, 3 hours awake, 15 minutes of sleep, and so on and so forth and you can function perfectly like that. because you get a consistant number of intervals of sleep.  Intead of like 2 hours of sleep, 13 hours awake, 12 hours of sleep, it just isnt good because it is kindo f unbalanced.  So even out the intervals of sleep and you should be good to go. Though again...dont quote me on that

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

narutofan17

Insomniac for life!!!!!!!! I'll stay up all night if you stay up all night!!! The word sleep does not exist when I get there.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

K&K4ever

Hay, thanks to my school, my cycle of sleep is already screwed.  I'll function fine on Frapachinoes. :arrow:
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

yumicchi88

this is gonna be my first time with all nighters!!
dont have to think about lateness!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

IamTetsuo

Last year I usually went up to my room and crashed at 3 or 4am.  But now that the dance is schedualed to go later this year...

narutofan17

I think I'll only sleep maybe a total of 9 hours while I'm there....MAYBE! LOL!
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!