Fanime Monopoly in '08?

Started by heeroyuy135, April 10, 2007, 06:38:26 PM

heeroyuy135

Not just any ordinary Monopoly game, Monopoly in the Park! Maybe not this year, but maybe next year there could be a full game (with each person representing different anime) to battle it out to be called the Fanime Monopoly Champion!

So, who's up for some large-scale board gaming?

Jun-Watarase

I want to play giant chess. =(

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuya

Cosplayopoly! I like the idea!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I want to play giant chess. =(
Giant chess is overplayed now at anime cons...this would be something completely different...
Hell, you don't even have to wear one of those token hats! Your costume's your token!

mDuo13

Sounds awesome to me! I've always wanted to try this.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Hmmmm....it definitely has promise. Personally I think they should release some Anime Monoply. I mean if they have Simpsons, Disney, X-Men, and more....why not anime?!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Hmmmm....it definitely has promise. Personally I think they should release some Anime Monoply. I mean if they have Simpsons, Disney, X-Men, and more....why not anime?!
I've been pondering that myself...

SuperKawaiiNeko

They do...in Japan.

Well, I dont know about monopoly (probably) but I know for sure that, if nothing else, they have DiGi Charat LIFE

As far as america goes...the licensing fees versus the potential sales make it...not terribly worth it. Maybe something more specific....like VIZ Monoply or ADV Monopoly or Naruto Monopoly or something like that...
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"They do...in Japan.

Well, I dont know about monopoly (probably) but I know for sure that, if nothing else, they have DiGi Charat LIFE

As far as america goes...the licensing fees versus the potential sales make it...not terribly worth it. Maybe something more specific....like VIZ Monoply or ADV Monopoly or Naruto Monopoly or something like that...
Jusenkyo? For $1200? I'll BUY IT! And add a hotel. XD
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Emerge

id play it! if only monopoly games i played didn't end in a fistfight...^_^;

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Emerge"id play it! if only monopoly games i played didn't end in a fistfight...^_^;

Personal experiance?

Emerge

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "Emerge"id play it! if only monopoly games i played didn't end in a fistfight...^_^;

Personal experiance?

yep. its a funny story, actually. it was in high school computer applications class. a couple of the boys and i thought it'd be a good idea to play NES emulator Monopoly. my friend socked me in the arm for not trading him a railroad which woulda given him the monopoly.

ahh...good times...