Karaoke Contest 2007 Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 11, 2007, 01:12:57 AM

Akira Miyamoto

My tent's set, I'll wait as long as I need to...up to until 12 AM-ish...
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

jetspectacular

sigh.. I have a heavy midterm in the morning, and being attatched to this forum for the past few hours has NOT been worth it.

Oh wells.

Megumi

Quote from: "jetspectacular"sigh.. I have a heavy midterm in the morning, and being attatched to this forum for the past few hours has NOT been worth it.

Oh wells.

Good luck on your midterm! ^_^

kuroi

grading English papers- great way to pass time while waiting...in all actuality, I'm just browsing old sites.

One hour, fifteen minutes to go...then I'm out until six
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

yumicchi88

so i guess there is no update yet....
i wonder what's wrong
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

arcadiapandora

<3

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "kuroi"Okay, I've got a bunch of questions before I make a decision on what song I'll register with...

1. Is an original song by a J-pop artist but sung completely in English okay if it was released on a single for a song featured in a video game?

2. Are we allowed to use instrumental versions of the song as a kareoke track? (like instead of vocals, the notes are played on another instrument, like piano or fllute)

3. I know it says no a capella, but if a song starts out a capella for the first verse, but then has accompaniment for the second, is that okay?

4. Can we register both as part of a duet and single, or will we have to choose one or the other?

^_^ sorry for all the questions! I've just been having a hard time narrowing down songs. Thanks in advance!

1 to 3: Yes
4. Only one entry per person, so you would have to choose between duet and single.

RyannBTW

Quote from: "arcadiapandora"Sign ups are now open! :D
Where?  I don't see a link.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

kuroi

Quote from: "RyannBTW"
Quote from: "arcadiapandora"Sign ups are now open! :D
Where?  I don't see a link.
...I don't either...I've checked all the pages and the website...
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

yumicchi88

its on a different forum. its like 5 forum below this one.

RyannBTW

I saw it and signed up!  Yay!

Current projects:

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "RyannBTW"I saw it and signed up!  Yay!

RyannBTW

I guess now I need to get on that memorization and practice.

Current projects:

anime_freakx1000

I auditioned. >^^<...sigh..I hope I got a spot..><

yumicchi88

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"I auditioned. >^^<...sigh..I hope I got a spot..><

me too. im kinda worried...

Hank-KKD

It looks like we will fill up the 30 pre-con spots very soon (there are three spots left as of this writing) so I will go ahead and post the list of names this weekend.

RyannBTW

Quote from: "GaleWolf"It looks like we will fill up the 30 pre-con spots very soon (there are three spots left as of this writing) so I will go ahead and post the list of names this weekend.
*claps hands together and rub them*  Alright, I can't wait to see what we've got!

Oh, and as for scheduling, I put "as late as possible", but really I just want to go to the Naruto gathering during the first hour, so any time during the second half is fine.

Current projects:

anime_freakx1000

Sigh..I keep on freaking out that I might have wrote something wrong. ;-;... *must see list* XDD!

Akira Miyamoto

Uhhh...I don't remember when I scheaduled to go up, but I might need to change it...
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

heeroyuy135

I had put down "TV Version" for one of the songs...would this mean that the actual full song would play and I would only sing the part that's part of the "TV Version," or will the actual "TV Version" play?