Item ideas?

Started by cocoavvie, April 12, 2007, 07:05:18 PM

cocoavvie

Well, I really have no idea as to how I am going to make myself a metal rod. (I'll be cosplaying Reno from FF: Advent Children  :wink: )
I know I can't use live metal (plus I don't want to carry anything heavy around)

Im braindead and can't find anything around the house that I could use. (Either that or Im just not thinking harder)

So any suggestions?

BrightHeart76

Try the toy isle.  They have plastic weapons and such, see if something there fits.  If not maybe go to the craft store and get some of the thicker round balsa wood (they make it pretty thick sometimes) and research painting techniques to make things look metalic.  Just an idea.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dagger-6

Chloe

Or maybe you can get it commissioned by someone who has already done Reno.  Or you can even ask them how they did it! Check out Cosplay.com forums for help on that sort of thing.  They have alot of resources. :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

DemonLordZabuza

I make all my props out of wood :D...whahahaha...so much of my work will be walking around the con :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

~~Loktera~~

If you are interested, I might be able to come up with a link for a lightweight extending police baton...

That way, if there are any creepy cosplay stalkers....
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

cocoavvie

Thanks for the help everyone ^_^

I'll probably just make mine out of wood too.

Hehe, Loktera, that isin't a bad idea. Could be useful, since this is my first con and all.   :)