Would you attend?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 13, 2007, 06:46:22 PM

Asa_Gohan

This is going to be my second panel so I hope it goes well.  Seeing as how Brawl isnt out yet, I will be unable to list every single advanced tactic as only some have been discovered. Ill post what is to be covered so far.

Brawl Advanced Techs
-Short Hop
-L-Cancel
-Shffl
-Hugging
-Tripping
-Edge Hopping
-Shield Drop
-Jab Canceling
-Ink Dropping

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Barnes

Your panel got approved?
If so, congrats man!
:)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Asa_Gohan

now its offficial I got my panel approved :3 Now I just need some more ideas on what to do during a panel since I have never attended one nor held one Dx

Asa_Gohan

Sunday at 5pm in Panels room #3 - also known as the Santa Clara  
Ballroom at the Hilton Hotel
btw where is this place exactly?

Simna

See you there^_^  Hey Asa...do you think it would be fun to have all of your "assistants" for this panel sit in the audience and watch and then when its their time to do something you call for them by their smash name and they come up form the audience^_^?  i think that would be fun^_^  it would make the rest of the audience go "huh?"

"We have Hyugaricdeau here with us today to demonstrate Jigglypuff's wall of pain technique.  Hyuga would you please come to the front?"  LOL!

btw i see you posted the time and place, but when is the panel over?  i mean like do we have to go into major detail on each specific technique or will they be short demos?

EDIT: btw other than techniques i can help out with strats for many characters

LadyKaren

I'll probably forget. So just come find me in the room and drag me in.

Asa_Gohan

@Simna
Sweet...It sounds like an awesome idea.  Though after showing a couple of advanced techniques, the basics I mean such as SHFFLing, WAvedashing, though I cant really tech that well but what else though...oh well when the time comes Ill think of it or one of you guys can help me. Anyways after showing the advanced techs Im gunna do a FAQ section where people can ask about the characters that they main and ask for some tips and from there I will call people up, which is you and the other assistants, to explain some of the tricks of the trade.  
Btw do I have a line up of some sort? Like people that are willing to attend?
Im thinking, if they attend:
Bootle of Water for Marth
Myself for Jigglypuff or Ganondorf
Hyuga for Jigglypuff
You for some Ness and from what I have recently seen, Roy
Germ for Falco and Link
Zel for some Fox stuff
Yen for Peach
Bob$ for Doctor Mario
Silent Spectre for Captain Falcon
Hella for some Peach stuff
SideFx for some Ice Climbers
So yeah ^-^ oh and after I guess some matches since Im intending on having more then 1 TV for some friendlies
@LadyKaren
:3 Ill be sure to do that

Simna

expecting a pretty big turnout huh?^_^  this'll be fun stuff

also, i'll be there for sure, but im sure even if its just you and me and hyuga there we can do just about everything between the three of us

oh and when i talked about calling ppl up from the audience, i think once the ppl are called up they should stay up front with you

AND we should see if we can arrange for some kind of projector or soemthing....cause it would be cumbersome to have ppl trying demo something on a TV that's facing the audience and try to explain it to them with their back to the audience...with a projector or something the TV could face away from the audience that way the panelists can face the TV and the audience at the same time

Asa_Gohan

For now though its like
"Okay welcome to the SSBM panel.  In this panel you are going to be shown some of the advanced things that you cannot learn just by watching the How to Play video. I assure that for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Advanced side of SSBM I assure that it will make you a better SSBM player."
"Okay for the first section Im going to be showing a couple of the advanced techniques that everyone should learn.  First off Im going to start with some basic things.
-SH
-Fast Falling
-L-canceling
-Pulling it all together
-Wavedashing
-Crouch Canceling
-Shield Grabbing
"Alright hopefully after showing you some of these basic, advanced techniques this should increase your gameplay skill."
"However were not done here. Next up a little bit of FAQ. Now anybody have any characters they want tips on? The characters we are able to cover today are -names off the characters- Okay so anyone?"
-gets one-
"Alright can I get -calls one of the assistants- up here.  This here is -names the assistant-  He/she is going to be showing some of the tricks of the trade with -names character-"
-gets none-
"No one?" Hm...Shit what to do if no one askes o.O?

Asa_Gohan

Double post! Oh wait this isnt smashboards :3 nvm
Btw what to do if there is only like the advanced smashers there o.o should we just play some friendlies? xD

Simna

hahaha by my experience at many anime conventions im sure there will be plenty of ppl there to learn

also, by your itinerary it doesnt seem like tyhis would last very long....perhaps we could show usage for the different techniques after showing how they are done...also: im excited^_^

EDIT: oh btw i looked over your list of players again and i was wondering...why bootle for marth?

Asa_Gohan

I dont know anyone else that mains marth and is going to fanime and he mains marth and is attending Fanime so yeah for now he is the only choice even the he is only an average player. But heck even I can Ken combo :3 but yeah he is the only one I know of that is...well you get the picture
btw sure thing Co-director :3 might as well be since your helping me out with so much crap =D But yeah besides showing how to do it, show the different uses.  When I was teaching one of my friends, it only lasted for like 30 minutes and I was showing him how to wavedash and stuff, and how to utilize them to his advantage.  actually no wait I only showed him how to do it and it was like 30 minutes.
Also even though it is only 2 sections, demo and FAQ/QnA Im going to be explaining them like in the how to videos by Wak so hopefully Id be able to eat up more time doing that. and if there is time left maybe you guys can do a couple of demos :3  to show off soem of the advanced techniques and what not. and atleast a fox or falco because noobs love the flashyness unfortunatly and for the newbies gotta show them some flashy stuff during the demonstations.

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Simna

also, i dont know how u feel on the issue, but when it comes time for Q&A we might get some questions from the audience regarding things being "unfair/cheap/glitch/not the intentions of the developers".

Regarding that, as much as I know I would very much like to debate that we have to throw those question out because they will spark something that will take away time from other questions and it really has nothing to do with teaching advanced technique.

What i think we should do once we get a question like that is say "We can't take those questions in this panel, but I'll be willing to discuss any of that with anyone in the game room after the panel is over."   That way we can throw away that question and let everyone else know not to ask, but as I said I am very much willing to debate that, so should they find me in thje game room I'd be more than willing to disucss that issue with them.

Asa_Gohan

another reason why Im making you co-director of this thing. You and someone else, probably Hyuga if he attends and is williing to as well, will help with the QnA. Plus since you guys seem to know the techniques more in-depth then I do, I guess I could do announcements, and then perform it while you or "X" explain some ways you can use it.

Asa_Gohan

Ryan,

This is to notify, the panel SSMB Advanced has been confirmed for  
Sunday at 5pm in Panels room #3 - also known as the Santa Clara  
Ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. I am still working on the TV issue for  
your panel, but we are confident that we can work out something  
acceptable. I'll send you more about that later.

Our schedule is mostly locked down at this point, so there should -
not- be any changes from this point. If for some reason there -is- a  
change, I'll let you know immediately. Schedule will go to publishing  
Saturday of this next week.

Rena
Panels Coordination, FanimeCon 2007

Simna

I usually go to Anime Expo each year and this year my friends and I decied to skip AX and come to Fanime instead.  I was very worried about Fanime not being as good and was afraid I'd not have as much fun as I would have liked to(cause I heard AX was the largest anime con in the US), but this panel being approved and all that has completely taken away all my worries about not having enough fun^_^

EDIT: btw i still dont see anything about this on the Fanime Panels page

Asa_Gohan

Hm good point. Ill pm her about this but yeah we need like a little schedual atleast or an order on how we should do this ^^;; besides Fanime is fun. Plus its not like were going to be the only ones. DBR, Zhu, Falcomist, Yen, and like yeah >.> besides there is way too much stuff to do at fanime.  And besides this panel, I still have to learn my songs for the karaoke contest xD

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Simna"I usually go to Anime Expo each year and this year my friends and I decied to skip AX and come to Fanime instead.  I was very worried about Fanime not being as good and was afraid I'd not have as much fun as I would have liked to(cause I heard AX was the largest anime con in the US), but this panel being approved and all that has completely taken away all my worries about not having enough fun^_^

EDIT: btw i still dont see anything about this on the Fanime Panels page

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"Hm good point. Ill pm her about this but yeah we need like a little schedual atleast or an order on how we should do this ^^;; besides Fanime is fun. Plus its not like were going to be the only ones. DBR, Zhu, Falcomist, Yen, and like yeah >.> besides there is way too much stuff to do at fanime.  And besides this panel, I still have to learn my songs for the karaoke contest xD

Yeah, if you're talking about the Website Panel page, it takes a little before it'll be updated. We go in waves so as soon as we get a bunch of panels, then we update.

Simna