Early Pickup Events?

Started by mDuo13, April 15, 2007, 10:05:21 AM

mDuo13

So, Early Badge Pickup is 6-10 on Thursday the 24th, eh?

Any word on what sort of "events" will be happenin' for that day? I've always wanted to go on the Thursday and never actually managed to make time. I never remember what's supposed to happen there anyway. Was it a dance or a swap meet or something?

(thought: maybe I should make gatherings thread about meeting up for early badge pickup together so we can have massive pictochat wars or something?)

Eri

ZZ is playing on thursday night only...

Swap meet is still there, as well as a few other things..
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Tony

Yep! ZZ and the ever-popular swapmeet.

Don't quote me, but I think there was discussion about having some video programming for Thursday. I could be totally wrong on that, though.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

SuperKawaiiNeko

I remember that too, Tony. Didnt we have a small amount of thursday pre reg only video last year?
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

otakuya

I know that aside from pre-reg, there were other events too. I had to ask people wandering "is there something going on?" or "where's the swap meet/video room?" and stuff cuz there weren't like signs or notifications.

FanFicGuru

Last year there was some video programming and an initial swap meet.

Fun fun.

I don't recall if the arcade was open though. Hmmm...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

otakuya

I also remember seeing the guys from OCE moving the arcade machines to their places and turning them on. Don't know if it was playable yet (+ no change machine).

M

Quote from: "Otakuya"I also remember seeing the guys from OCE moving the arcade machines to their places and turning them on. Don't know if it was playable yet (+ no change machine).

Last year, the arcades were set up for people to play. Unfortunately, the change machines weren't there yet. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

magz

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "Otakuya"I also remember seeing the guys from OCE moving the arcade machines to their places and turning them on. Don't know if it was playable yet (+ no change machine).

Last year, the arcades were set up for people to play. Unfortunately, the change machines weren't there yet. :P

Hmmm... Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to get some quarters beforehand then. It would be nice to get some execution practice in on the sticks/buttons they'll be using.