Early Badge Pickup!

Started by mDuo13, April 15, 2007, 10:22:26 AM

Sound like a good idea?

Heck yes! Count me in!
9 (52.9%)
I wish I could take Thursday off to come down...
7 (41.2%)
Another fanimafia get-together at the con? Are you crazy?
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 15, 2007, 10:22:26 AM

mDuo13

So I was thinking, "I kind of want to check out early badge pickup on Thursday, but I've heard that the lines are kind of ridiculous compared to the pre-reg line Friday morning." And my next thought was, "Maybe there will be a bunch of people playing with their DSes in line, though. That'd be fun." That lead to my third thought:

"What if we planned a time for anyone from the Fanimafia who was planning to do Thursday badge pickup to show up and hang out? It could maybe replace our normal Friday get-togethers or something."

Anyone else down for this idea? If so, what time? Pickup is 6-10pm on Thursday the 24th.

Stormfalcon

Sounds good to me, in that I actually have Thursdays off with my current work schedule :)
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Barnes

Fine by me, so long as it doesn't involve cutting in the line.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

VictimX

I'm in, earlier the better as always but I have no DS so I'll be there with my PSP.

Chloe

I want to go to the Pre-Reg, but I'm not sure if I can 'cause I MAY have work that night.  But, yeah... D:

I can try to move things around for that day too, I guess I could come with  my DS if I choose to switch things around.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Spiritsnare

I can go, but I could probably only stick around until 9 (as the next day is a regular school day - DAMMIT!)
epic progressive

vox

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I can go, but I could probably only stick around until 9 (as the next day is a regular school day - DAMMIT!)

You're not cutting school for fanime?
I mean, out of all days to cut school, it might as well be for the cause of fanime.

otakuapprentice

im not gonna be at early badge pickup because......well, because i didnt pre-reg (AGAIN!). thats what i get for waiting until the last possible minute and then forgetting all about it....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Sucrose

Put Fruc and me down as a maybe-verging-on-yes depending on whether our other friend Paco is free Thursday. Heck yes for early whatnot!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

gmontem

Depends on the time but I'm down for this one. I won't be able to DS with you guys.  Will probably spend my time playing sudoku on my pda phone, not unless someone brings along a board game.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

mDuo13

Quote from: "gmontem"not unless someone brings along a board game.

Ah, good point. Since a good number of people don't have DSes, let's see...

Apples to Apples, Munchkin, Ninja Burger, and UNO are on the table, at the very least.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I can go, but I could probably only stick around until 9 (as the next day is a regular school day - DAMMIT!)

You're not cutting school for fanime?
I mean, out of all days to cut school, it might as well be for the cause of fanime.

You forget I'm Asian.*

* Some people may not count Filipino as being Asian; however, my parents just might as well be.
epic progressive

vox

Tony

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"im not gonna be at early badge pickup because......well, because i didnt pre-reg (AGAIN!). thats what i get for waiting until the last possible minute and then forgetting all about it....
You can still early-register and pick it up on Thursday...   :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"im not gonna be at early badge pickup because......well, because i didnt pre-reg (AGAIN!). thats what i get for waiting until the last possible minute and then forgetting all about it....
You can still early-register and pick it up on Thursday...   :)
i could, but i oh so wanted the spiffy cool laminated badge, and not the dinky little paper badge. yea, that sounds negative, but i like the cool laminated badges more.

gmontem

Otakuapprentice, you should ask Dr. O what to do since he knows everything.  :roll:   Anyway I consulted with him and this is what he says:  *cough*

After mDuo13 acquires his laminated badge you club him with a blunt weapon, or anything that rolls 1d2 damage. Drag his body behind the nearest bush, so long if it's not one of the frequently used bushes, and enjoy your FanimeCon weekend under mDuo13's identity. And be sure to meet up with the strippers he hired Friday evening.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "gmontem"Otakuapprentice, you should ask Dr. O what to do since he knows everything.  :roll:   Anyway I consulted with him and this is what he says:  *cough*

After mDuo13 acquires his laminated badge you club him with a blunt weapon, or anything that rolls 1d2 damage. Drag his body behind the nearest bush, so long if it's not one of the frequently used bushes, and enjoy your FanimeCon weekend under mDuo13's identity. And be sure to meet up with the strippers he hired Friday evening.
you couldn't have been able to have asked him that type of question. reason why? here's a note he left me:

Quote from: "Dr. O"yo, dude. im gonna be dead for the next week. call me up after the ticker starts workin' again and we'll get wasted. later.
yea, see? he's gonna revive himself sometime around thursday-ish. he said somethin about goin' to SF for some sort of shindig on the weekend. his speech was a little slurred, so i didnt catch much before he whipped out the shock paddles. i guess he called in a vacation, LOL.

RyuHayabusa

since it is Day 0 and almost nothing is going on that day, with the exception of ZZ and the Swap Meet, I guess you guys can count me in. Who's Hotel Room do we "hijack" though? lol  :twisted:
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

G.I.R

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"since it is Day 0 and almost nothing is going on that day, with the exception of ZZ and the Swap Meet, I guess you guys can count me in. Who's Hotel Room do we "hijack" though? lol  :twisted:
:shock: (Prepairs to defend his room with a rolled poster!)

Sucrose

Quote from: "gmontem"Otakuapprentice, you should ask Dr. O what to do since he knows everything.  :roll:   Anyway I consulted with him and this is what he says:  *cough*

Hah, anyone who tries that gets a Shion hammer to the forebrain.
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

shortpachoo

I will be there on Thursday on staff setting things up and could stop by and hang out, if thats alright.  Don't know how long though, depends if I have a hotel room Thurs or not, or if there is a sharks game on too.

Edit: Also have a DSLite.  What game(s) for it should I bring?  

I wonder if I could see if we could use one of the video rooms and hook up a Wii/PS3/360 up and play?

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04