Will there be pokemon cards?

Started by JoButt, April 15, 2007, 02:36:23 PM

SuperKawaiiNeko

Ah...ano...please dont encourage the sale of fake products...

Sellers, please remember that the sale of illegal copies of products is against the Swap Meet seller's rules, and may result in your ejection from the event.

http://www.fanime.com/events/swap-meet
• The sale or trade of unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods is not allowed (e.g. SM, Everanime, Aliors, etc)

Quote from: Jelly SoupIf you want a good idea of prices, check eBay. I once got about 10 different promo cards for $2, simply because he wanted to get rid of them.

This is both a good and bad idea. Ebay can be a good way to get the general feel of the market, but...like you just said. You got a bunch of promo cards for cheap, right? That's an unusually good deal, and may throw off preception of the market. The best idea is to use several different sources (of which ebay is one) to sort of "triangulate" the average current market price. Try googling "pokemon card price" or "pokemon card price guide" and check out a couple different sites.

Pokemon cards should be marked with indicators for common, uncommon, and rare, and if it's a First Edition printing it should have another mark for that too.

As a general rule of thumb, rare cards sell for more than uncommon, and uncommon sell for more than rare. First Edition prints sell for more than their later counterparts, and "holographic" or "foil" cards fetch more as well.

There are always exceptions, of course. A particularly powerful (or otherwise sought after) uncommon or even common can sell for more than a rare that nobody cares about. Some runs of certain cards have errors, and these error cards can be difficult to find, making them desireable to certain collectors.

It's all about supply and demand. The more people there are that want a card in relation to how many of that card there are to go around determines value. On the other hand, you might get lucky and there could be a local guy with a Gardevoir shrine in his basement and he just needs that ONE LAST CARD to complete his collection here's a hundred bucks PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME HAVE IT O_O

You never know... =3=.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Jelly Soup

Quote from: SuperKawaiiNeko on May 14, 2008, 05:43:32 AM
Ah...ano...please dont encourage the sale of fake products...

Let me explain that a bit more.

When fake Pokemon cards were first circulating, only really rare cards had fakes. Within a few years, however, for any number of reasons, there were fakes of just about all the cards. It came to the point where people wanted to collect all the cards AND all the fake cards. Like, they would be selling for pennies in person and would be clearly noted as being fake.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing. It....well, it is what it is.

Eurobeat King

I'll be selling my old Pokemon cards at the Swap Meet on Thursday & Friday night.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Jelly Soup

Upon closer inspection of my merchandise, I see that I will have a small box of Pokemon cards available. I'll post a list of what I have if it is so requested.

k.worthley

I've got some pokemon/bleach/yugioh/digimon/dbz/inuyasha/neopets cars I'll be bringing to the con, though I mostly have pokemon. A few in particular are shadowles,  few errors, 3 in german, and 4 in japanese. So keep an eye outfor that! I'll be selling on Friday at the swap meet :)
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

Elimeno

I'll be coming to sell old stuff, trade the new stuff.  Have waaaay too much of the Arceus packs >.<
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

amaya_JDB

I'll probably be selling new Pokemon cards. I keep on pulling too many Primes from HGSS packs, and LV.X I don't need.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Elimeno

Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 16, 2010, 01:23:26 PM
I'll probably be selling new Pokemon cards. I keep on pulling too many Primes from HGSS packs, and LV.X I don't need.

i'll keep an eye out for you, i've had a few deck ideas around primes and LV.X. 
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Elimeno on March 16, 2010, 02:24:25 PM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 16, 2010, 01:23:26 PM

i'll keep an eye out for you, i've had a few deck ideas around primes and LV.X. 

I said I probably might sell them, I don't know yet.

Any you're looking for?
I'm fresh out of Donphan Primes. Too many people wanted them x.X
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Jelly Soup

On the topic of fake cards, does policy have problems with properly marked art/fan/tribute cards? Basically, these are official cards that have been modified for the sake of either stepping up the art or creating a new card entirely. Each card is clearly marked that it's a art/fan/tribute card, is not for playing and is for display/collection purposes only. I find that I have a few from 2005 that I no longer want.

Eurobeat King

i'll be selling however many remaining Pokemon cards I have at the Swap Meet on Thursday & Friday.  I've been doing so for the last couple of years, so I'm not-sure what I have left, but please stop by my section on both nights to check them out.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."