The Game Show?

Started by Xeluu, April 16, 2007, 09:10:32 PM

Xeluu

So, I'm curious. I would've sworn that earlier on in the subtitle on the forums of Live Programming, it had the game show listed. Now it's no longer there. Does this mean that the game show will not be run this year? ;_; The game show has been a favorite of mine and my friends, since the very first year we attended Fanime. So, my question for whomever knows: Did the game show get canned for this year? Would it be possible to get it and its host back?
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Xeluu"So, I'm curious. I would've sworn that earlier on in the subtitle on the forums of Live Programming, it had the game show listed. Now it's no longer there. Does this mean that the game show will not be run this year? ;_; The game show has been a favorite of mine and my friends, since the very first year we attended Fanime. So, my question for whomever knows: Did the game show get canned for this year? Would it be possible to get it and its host back?
actually i didn't notice that when checking the main page; well, im pretty sure that it didnt get canned. a couple of days ago, as i was registering for staff (i didnt register in the end; maybe next year), i noticed that one of the departments to sign up under was titled 'Game Show'.

so yea, im pretty sure that the Game Show hasnt been canned.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

bahamutknightzero

I do hope the game show isn't canned. It was fun trying to guess from the audience last year

Xeluu

otakuapprentice:
I'm not sure about the main page, but I did notice that it was no longer listed under the forum subtitle. Hopefully you're right, and the game show that was listed under staff sign-ups is the same one I'm remembering. In a worst case scenario, it would be a new game show for Stage Zero, or completely gone.

Thanks for the quick response. :D

Edit:

bahamutknightzero:
I know, the audience participation was great. I've already won it, but I enjoy the people who run it, and I love watching the contestants and audience. It's also fun to see how many of the questions I would answer correctly.
2016 Cosplay Plans

DayDreamerNessa

Oh i really hope it continues this year, i had a lot of fun last year when i entered and it's been one of my fave events to be in, it was ironic that it was all girl contestants when i entered though lol because i've never seen that happen before.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

sysadmin

Wow.  You guys remember that trivia game show?

Hi, yes, in addition to the other hats at con, I was the host/producer for the trivia game show.   I don't think my show at Fanime is "canned"; I think the proper term is "hiatus".   Accordingly, I did change the subtitle on the forums.

Essentially, I have not been contacted by Live Programming or Stage Zero.  I do not know if they want me to return, or if they have sufficient programming this year, or if they have other game show ideas they want to try.

Honestly, I don't know, so I'm not going to speculate.

If there's a lot of interest, please email me ([email protected]) or Stage Zero ([email protected]) or something.

If they want me back, I'd be happy to do some more shows.   They're fun to do, especially with awesome contestants.

Xeluu

D: That doesn't make Xeluu happy. At least there's still hope! I'll definately be e-mailing you and Stage Zero, as well as having those I know who are going to fanime e-mail those in charge. The Gameshow was the one event I would always make time for, even if there was something I should've been doing instead... *coughsittinginlineformasqueradecough* I know that I will be very sad if it goes.
2016 Cosplay Plans

LadyKaren

Quote from: "sysadmin"
If there's a lot of interest, please email me ([email protected]) or Stage Zero ([email protected]) or something.

*gasp* The sysadmin just lost his anonymity.

sysadmin

I will be doing my trivia shows again this year.

I will do a regular time/place write-up as soon as the corners are polished.

They won't be part of Stage Zero, mind you.  This is more of "hey, let's do a game show, because we can, and it's fun" level.   So I'll roll with it.

I have some writing to do.

And apparently, some contestants to book.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "sysadmin"I will be doing my trivia shows again this year.

I will do a regular time/place write-up as soon as the corners are polished.

They won't be part of Stage Zero, mind you.  This is more of "hey, let's do a game show, because we can, and it's fun" level.   So I'll roll with it.

I have some writing to do.

And apparently, some contestants to book.
hey scott.......can i be a conteshtant? (crappy spelling was done on purpose, im trying to be funny) :lol:
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

heeroyuy135

I'd be a contestant for just about any game show on Stage Zero...

bahamutknightzero

I'd like to be a contestant, I'd just need to know the time since it could be during something else that would be going on

DayDreamerNessa

I'm really happy to see that there'll be some games shows, there always something i've enjoyed at cons, and hopefully i can participate as well.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Xeluu

Weeeeeee! :D Seeing this just made my night.

I'll definately be attending as many of the gameshows as I can, as always, and I'd be glad to be a back-up score board in case something happens again.
2016 Cosplay Plans

otakuya

I wanna play (again) too! Last time I played was in 2000 O_O! I've been watching every game show every year since then, yes, even the year of no audiences.

Maybe merge the game show with the Anime Price is Right for 2008? Hint. Hint.

sysadmin

Let's pick a time... like
Saturday night, 1am, Blossom Hill 2.