When........

Started by short_storiesgl, April 18, 2007, 07:53:57 PM

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

~~Loktera~~

My sources say... *Shakeshakeshakeshake* A little hazy, ask again later.... Stupid 8-ball...

But yes, typically Day-0 is the Thursday of the con.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

FanFicGuru

If you pre-registered, your best bet is to go thursday night. Otherwise, you face the horror that is the Friday of Fanime LINE OF DOOM!

Now, the thursday line isn't exactly short either, but there aren't any actual events going on, aside from the bonus video showings and swap meet, etc.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tony

http://www.fanime.com/registration/

Thursday, May 24th: 6pm - 10pm (Pre-registration/Early Registration pickup ONLY!)
Friday, May 25th: 8am - 8pm
Saturday, May 26th: 8am - 8pm
Sunday, May 27th: 8am - 7pm
Monday, May 28th: 8am - Noon

And there you go!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "short_storiesgl"
Quote from: "Tony"http://www.fanime.com/registration/

Thursday, May 24th: 6pm - 10pm (Pre-registration/Early Registration pickup ONLY!)

And there you go!

*Cough*

If some one else used thier card to buy your pass do they have to be there with you cause i know the person who bought my card has work that night and i rather waste my thursday night than my friday!!!!? =3

i hope not.

If it was registered under your name, and if you have an ID, then you should be able to pick up your own badge.

At least, that's how I understand it.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "short_storiesgl"
Quote from: "Tony"http://www.fanime.com/registration/

And there you go!

*Cough*

If some one else used thier card to buy your pass do they have to be there with you cause i know the person who bought my card has work that night and i rather waste my thursday night than my friday!!!!? =3

i hope not.

If it was registered under your name, and if you have an ID, then you should be able to pick up your own badge.

At least, that's how I understand it.

It doesnt WORK!!!

BTW who plays WOW?
Dance Staff Second

Yunlei

aww i dont get it... we have to pick up our passes (in order to get in fanime since i register online) on thursday only????

heeroyuy135

If you pre-registered online or did early registering, then you can pick it up Thursday. For everyone else, there's Friday - hell starts at 8am.

Yunlei

o.. alright then...

SuperKawaiiNeko

Here we go. You may take what I say here as the gospel. In no uncertain terms:

For PRE REGISTERED and EARLY REGISTERED attendees ONLY (that is..anyone who purchased their registration BEFORE the actual convention)

If you got an email saying your registration is paid for, you are set. All you need is a picture ID. When you get to the convention, you get into the PRE REGISTRATION line. You may NOT use the ON SITE REGISTRATION line. When you get up to the booth, you give them your picture ID. They will give you back your badge, your ID, and a goodie bag with a program guide, convention schedule, flyers, and sometimes free stuff. That's it! Youre good to go!

If you are Pre Registered or Early Registered (again, anyone who purchased their registration BEFORE the convention itself) you MAY pick up your badge on Thursday, May 24th, between 6 pm and 10 pm. This is a special service provided for our pre and early registrants. You do not HAVE to pick your badge up on this day. If you cant make it on thursday, or you just dont want to, or whatever, you can still come during any of the other days and times listed. But its reccomended that you get your badge on thursday if you can, so you dont miss anything on friday.

If you are Pre Registered or Early Registered and SOMEONE ELSE purchased your badge for you, but you want to pick up your own badge, this SHOULD BE OK. It doesnt matter who paid for the badge, it matters who's name is on it. So as long as they paid for it with their card but registered it under YOUR NAME, just follow the instructions above. Make sure you give them the picture ID of the person who's name is on the badge, NOT the person who paid for the badge.

If you are NOT PRE REGISTERED OR EARLY REGISTERED, that is you will be purchasing your registration at con, then this is what you do. You get into the ON SITE REGISTRATION line on ANY CONVENTION DAY OTHER THAN THURSDAY (only pre and early registration attendees will be able to get their badges on thursday.) You may NOT use the PRE REGISTRATION line. When you get up to the booth, you will pay your registration fee and you will tell them what name you want put onto the badge (you may use a fan name, screen name, or other alias, though they MAY ask you for your real name as well (Ive never worked that side of registration.) They will then give you your badge and your goodie bag, and youre all set to go!

IF YOU ARE PRE REGISTERED AS A PART OF A GROUP (otherwise known as group registration) then you operate EXACTLY THE SAME AS PRE REGISTRATED AND EARLY REGISTRATED attendees except you get to the front of the line you go to the "GROUP REGISTRATION" booth instead of the "PRE REGISTRATION" booth. Also, from what I understand ONLY THE GROUP LEADER MAY PICK UP THE BADGES FOR THE GROUP. Im not sure about that, and it may change, so dont quote me, but this is how I understand it. However, do plan on your group leader being the one to have to pick up your badge. If you did not pay for your own badge and you are not sure if youre in a group or not, then ask the person who bought your badge.

With the possible exception of that last bit about group regs, I am confident in the truth of the preceeding. I am Neko, and I have spoken. Let all who hear me rejoice in my coming, and my knowledge.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Yunlei

Omg ty for explaining!!! i was gonna ask a question based on what you said but now u answered it! thank you soo much!!