Help! (Accessory trouble)

Started by Kodoku, April 24, 2007, 05:53:25 PM

Kodoku

Hello, everyone.

As we all know, Fanime's coming closer and closer, and because time is not on our side, those of us who don't have everything ready are still frantically panicking, whilst trying to get ahold of whatever items remain.

I, unfortunately, happen to be one of those people.

SO... I come to the members of the BBS for help!

I'm going as "Leon" from KH2, and I'm having trouble finding accessories that conform with the character's costume.

Here's the list:

The belts are a bit hard to find nowdays, but were very easy to find at some point in time within the past few years. One of these belts is a two row grommet belt; chrome/silver rings on black leather, and the other three are single-row grommet belts; two chrome/silver on brown, and one chrome/silver on black.

The gloves... are tricky to describe... so check the reference picture.

And lastly, the three armbands, which basically look like very miniature leather belts.

reference picture.

If anyone has any leads, or possible ideas of where I can find these items, please let me know via reply to this thread or PM.

Thanks in advance.
-Kodoku
(Think what you want... Reality isn't so kind.
Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why...)
As long as you don't get your hopes up,
you can take anything...
You feel less pain."

-Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII

AngelKawaii

Hmm...Well you can easily find belts at Ross, Target or Any sort of thrift store(eg: goodwill xD). If you can't find the ones that you need here's what you can do.

1.Get any sort of belt.
2.Get leather paint and paint them in red, or whatever color you need. You can find that in fabric stores or art store or shoe store.(Some times there are seamstresses that sell them too.)
3. You said it had rings on them or something. You can get some small trinket like things from Michals in silver. I saw some that you could use there last Sunday and they were on sale. xD
4. Gloves..well you need to get yourself a pair.
5. The arm belts I am not sure where you can get those. But you can always use fabric and sew on a bucle or something on them.

Since the rings and the arm belts are very small details you can get away with sewing small trinkets or little balls to your belts. And you can get away with red fabric for the arm belt with silver to make it look like belts.

PS: Hope I helped at least a little bit. ^_^

BrightHeart76

You can get a tool at JoAnn's fabric that will punch the hole and put on a gromet for the belt.  I'm not sure what it's called but it's usually kept with the buckles and fasteners.  

Buy an extra belt and some extra gromets so you can practice, but that way you can make the belts look like you want.

They should also have some buckles there that you can use to make the armbands, get some leather type fabric and remember that they WILL stretch and fall down your arms, so add some extra holes so that you can tighten them.

No clue on the gloves.

Hope that's a little bit of help.  :-)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

~~Loktera~~

The Arm Buckles can be found at a military supply store, but more commonly used as straps for bags or boots.

You will have to paint them as they typically come in only OD Green, Black, or some color in between.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...