Cosplay Dieting

Started by ~~Loktera~~, April 25, 2007, 04:00:21 PM

~~Loktera~~

As we near this last month in the Zero Hour... There is one singular thing that can hamper, if not ruin, a cosplayers dreams...

Yes... I'm talking about that little bit of extra pudgy junk that you may feel is still floating around your midsection... It was never there before, but now it's all you notice when trying on your costumes...

So, now I ask...

What are your Cosplay Countdown Diet Secrets?

Mine, I am going to take that Kelloggs Special K Challenge... God only knows if I can pull that off or not...  -~_~-

SO! Lemme know your cosplay woes! AND GOOD LUCK!
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Ska_Kitti

My cosplay diet is a corset. xD

Actually, I just cut down on the sugars and walk more. Joining a cardio class is just a perk.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Crazy_Saiko

Hmm i suggest to cut down or stop eating
Rice Crispies
and marshmallow

stop drinking sodas
or try diet sodas instead if you still want sodas
and eat more meat and some carbs

and be active

as if the exercise you are already on isn't enough
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

phoenixphire24

Exercise, of course! Cutting out sugar and soda actually help a lot. They have so many useless calories. Another easy thing to do is eat a good breakfast (whole grains) and not eat after like 8pm when your body isn't going to burn calories as much.

AngelKawaii

....crunches, sit ups, twists...and healthy food. ^_^

lycan510

cut down on sugar and varbs, excersise, all that good stuff.

but im doing the subway challenge. and ive lost 19 lbs!
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

bahamutknightzero

My plan: Try to watch what I eat (tougher that it looks), swim four times a week, do crunches whenever possible

MonkeyRikku

NO DIET SODA!!!

Trust me on this, but the fake sugar's in the soda and stuff are actually worse for losing weight because your brain thinks you're still eating sugar. and because it's diet, most people think they can have more which just turns it all into one big cluster &#*%$.

I'm just playing DDR more and switching to organic food. Mixing my scambled eggs half and half with Tofu (it's actually quite tasty). Avoiding Ice cream and Cereal and muffins...i have a muffin problem.

Mexican food is also quite bad along with Italian and anything with rice or pasta. But one of the actual best things to do when dieting, is just to eat a bit less. The human stomach is designed to hold enough food to fill your hands when they're cupped together, and you really don't need much more than that.

Avoid eating at night, especially salty/fatty foods. Your body retains the fat and whatnot because you don't expend it. Plus, eating before bed gives you odd dreams.  Now that I've ranted enough...have fun! ^_^
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "MonkeyRikku"NO DIET SODA!!!

Trust me on this, but the fake sugar's in the soda and stuff are actually worse for losing weight because your brain thinks you're still eating sugar. and because it's diet, most people think they can have more which just turns it all into one big cluster &#*%$.

I'm just playing DDR more and switching to organic food. Mixing my scambled eggs half and half with Tofu (it's actually quite tasty). Avoiding Ice cream and Cereal and muffins...i have a muffin problem.

Mexican food is also quite bad along with Italian and anything with rice or pasta. But one of the actual best things to do when dieting, is just to eat a bit less. The human stomach is designed to hold enough food to fill your hands when they're cupped together, and you really don't need much more than that.

Avoid eating at night, especially salty/fatty foods. Your body retains the fat and whatnot because you don't expend it. Plus, eating before bed gives you odd dreams.  Now that I've ranted enough...have fun! ^_^

Cereal is ok as long as it's like kashi or something whole grain, not Sugar-marshmellow-frosting surprise. Noodles and rice are ok too. Just get brown rice and wheat noodles. Wheat noodles are so filling!

DemonLordZabuza

The best way to exercise that I've notice is find your limit...and then keep pushing...as weird as that sounds...when time is not that free to spend you have to push a little harder :D...but yes eating healthier is a good thing as well.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

LadyKaren

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"

Mine, I am going to take that Kelloggs Special K Challenge... God only knows if I can pull that off or not...  -~_~-

I tried that once. You get sick of it really easy. But I lost like 2 pounds...

Kazuko

x__x basically stay the hell away from soda because thats carbon and it makes you all bloaty and ick

x: try running, doing sit ups or cardio work outs

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"

I tried that once. You get sick of it really easy. But I lost like 2 pounds...

The cereal is sooo bland... Thank god I have some bananas to liven it up a bit...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

AngelKawaii

Forgot to mention.

Stay away from salt. It absorbs all the water that you take, so you end up being heavier then you actually are. So, try not to eat salt for a week (just to see if it actually works...and it does) and drink lots of water intead and you'll see a big difference. ^_^ (Ofcource you shouldn't eat salt a lot period. Because it collects on joins, absorbs water and basicly weights you down.)

luckyends

just general excersise
i bike every wear and if i dont bike i stride for 30 minuts also sit ups push ups and what ever other type of ups u can think of ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

zoupzuop2

I'm rejoining my high school's wrestling club to get back into shape. And, who knows? Ranma Saotome is a member of the Saotome School of indescriminate GRAPPLING... maybe I"m on to somethin' here.  :lol:
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

pockystix

I'm trying to cut back on my overload of starch. Yes, that means sacrificing the goodness that is boba. *tear* Sit-ups/crunches, paying extra attention to toning problem areas like my inner thighs and love handles.

I don't have too much to work off, but it'd be really sweet to get a nice figure. :3
New sn = Meirin

Tony

The best way to lose weight is...

...go to a doctor, then a trainer and/or a nutrionist  :D

(In other words, please take caution... you don't want to end up hurting yourself with fad diets or exercises!)

Most important, hang in there, and good luck.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

MonkeyRikku

as long as we don't go bulimic then everything should work out! right?
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "MonkeyRikku"NO DIET SODA!!!

well i don't think he should drink soda anyway
but if he really wants one he can have a diet soda
also the "fake sugar" gets absorbed but doesn't get metabolized
and then goes into your blood stream where it will be filtered out by your kidneys

so really.. the sugar isn't being used at all. It becomes waste

but really.. try to stay away from the soda

to Lok: remember you kept eating salads at Subway?
maybe you can just prepare some salad for yourself everyday
and have chicken with it.
Sandwhich is great
stay away from too much pasta
and... what else do you eat.. that is a lot
oh yea
eat more of your Grandparent's cooking...

<3 love you!
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.