INFO on PASS PICKUP (ID INFO)!!!(READ)

Started by short_storiesgl, April 27, 2007, 05:02:48 PM

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

Yunlei

oh just bring your passport! i have a student id too but im gonna bring my passport ^^ oo and the web said we can only pick up our badge on thursday... then how come i heard that you cna pick it up on friday?

Alexandria

I highly doubt we can ONLY pick up our badges on Thursday. xD;; Otherwise anyone who preregistered but can't miss school/work/whatever on Friday wouldn't be able to get into the convention afterwards. I picked my badge up on Saturday last year. oO;;

I think they mean you cannot register at the convention itself. That means only people who are preregistered are allowed to pick up their badges on Thursday, not that people can only pick up preregistered badges on Thursday. xD;

Yunlei

oooo ty so much! now i dont have to worry! :oops:  :D  :D  :D

phoenixphire24

A lot of people don't have passports, and I don't think school IDs work. However, you can go to the DMV and get an ID card. It's like a drivers licence, but without the car driving part. I'm not sure what state you're from, but here's the info from the CA site:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/idinfo/idcard.htm

short_storiesgl

Quote from: phoenixphire24A lot of people don't have passports, and I don't think school IDs work. However, you can go to the DMV and get an ID card. It's like a drivers licence, but without the car driving part. I'm not sure what state you're from, but here's the info from the CA site:

Dance Staff Second

Lizchan33

You can use a school ID to get it (I did it my first few years)
It needs your name and a photo.
and You can pick up pre reg badges at any time during the con, but thursday and friday are the most popular days to get them

FanFicGuru

Every year they say they're cracking down for SURE...yet every year they take school ID's.

Personally, I think it'd be dumb to expect your demographic of 14-17 year olds to all have state IDs when most are still in school.

If they really do crack down, find someone with a state ID to be your 'guardian'. Typically that works.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

short_storiesgl

Quote from: FanFicGuruEvery year they say they're cracking down for SURE...yet every year they take school ID's.

Personally, I think it'd be dumb to expect your demographic of 14-17 year olds to all have state IDs when most are still in school.

If they really do crack down, find someone with a state ID to be your 'guardian'. Typically that works.

Dance Staff Second

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "short_storiesgl"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Every year they say they're cracking down for SURE...yet every year they take school ID's.

My boyfriend will he work?
Cause i want my pass.

Shouldn't be a problem. but i'm not registration staff.
Swap meet staff - 2014

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "short_storiesgl"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Every year they say they're cracking down for SURE...yet every year they take school ID's.

My boyfriend will he work?
Cause i want my pass.

Shouldn't be a problem. but i'm not registration staff.

i  hope so.......
Dance Staff Second

LordKefka

OMG!! Another GUnslinger Girl faaaannnnn!!!
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

FanFicGuru

As am I...

btw, person who posted above me, it says you're registration staff. Do you have an answer to her question?
Swap meet staff - 2014

LordKefka

I think you need a real id like a driver's license is what another staff from previous fanime cons told me.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "LordKefka"I think you need a real id like a driver's license is what another staff from previous fanime cons told me.
i hate my life.
Dance Staff Second

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"A lot of people don't have passports, and I don't think school IDs work. However, you can go to the DMV and get an ID card. It's like a drivers licence, but without the car driving part. I'm not sure what state you're from, but here's the info from the CA site:

For anyone who goes this route it took me five minutes at the DMV, but then a month for it to arrive. I hear it's usually like a couple weeks, so do it NOW and you might get it in time.

...school ID should work though.

LordKefka

yeah maybe. I'm not too sure myself so yeah...

All I know is what I need to do requires me an official id. But I'll find out for you when I attend the staff meeting on the 20th. Hopefully it's not too late or someone else can answer before me.

Just kinda hang around the boards for a bit.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Ok, I just asked one of the higher ups and another staff member and you do need an official ID. SOWY...=(

But get one!
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

RyuHayabusa

from the official staff website:

You MUST present a government-issued photo ID to pick up your staff badge. A driver's license, state ID, or military ID will suffice. School IDs are NOT valid IDs.

so there ya go.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second