Badge Art?

Started by Alexandria, April 27, 2007, 05:52:07 PM

Alexandria

Often times on deviantart and various online communities I see people making "badge art" for cons. I see quite a few for fanime now that it's coming up. Can anyone tell me what they mean? xD; Is it like, you slip a piece of paper over your badge or something? O__o;; Or do you send it ahead of time to have your badge printed on the piece of paper? I am confused. xD;

Eri

Staff can have customized art work on their badge.. Last year, I had my department sporting a comic of Little Gamers.

But otherwise, I don't know how else to answer your question....
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Moonblossom

Sometimes people get more "personalized" badges to hang next to or below their official badges. You should make sure your Fanime badge is visible at all times, but then have a fancy name tag with like, an anime-ized version of yourself, or an original character if you have one next to it. That's what artists generally mean when they refer to badge comissions :)

InsaneChan

Basically, they're just customized badges artists can make for you. You choose a style of badge from a few different variations, then the artist will draw an anime-tized pic of you or your character. They're fun, cute, and kind of like keepsakes. My friend got one last year and its amazing how the artist can draw you so accurate as an anime character :3  I'm almost tempted to buy one for myself this year~
Love. Life. fANIME.