A question about Bleach charecter Yachiru...

Started by Ayanami Rei First Child, April 27, 2007, 10:18:32 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Okay this has been bugging me for awhile now. Just how the HECK did little Yachiru get to be so absurdly strong?! I mean she's this cute girl of seven years old or so...and she's already so absurdly strong! What's up with that?!

BunofGovt

I wonder about the strengths of the different characters and expect that it will either be explained later in the manga or anime, or not explained.  Besides Yachiru's amazing strength (which fits with her being Kenpachi's vice-captain), I wondered why Toshiro ended up being a captain, when Hinamori who joined before he did, and is pretty strong, was still a vice-captain.

I imagine Yachiru is pretty content still being Kenpachi's vice-captain and I'd bet she's also one of the few people who can beat him in a fight ha ha.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

mDuo13

Quote from: "BunofGovt"I wonder about the strengths of the different characters and expect that it will either be explained later in the manga or anime, or not explained.
An unassailable logical truth: something will happen, or it will not happen!

Joking aside, it's a good point. But it's a shounen manga. I don't take it too seriously. After all, here we have disembodied "death gods" fighting in the spiritual realm with huge swords that have absurd abilities, who can sense each other's "spiritual power", which is in some cases strong enough to cause physical injury. Phyiscal injury in the spirit plane, that is.

There's no accounting for why miscellaneous lolis whoop so much ass. They just do. It's part of the physics of anime. Or something.

neko ewen

IIRC Yachiru was also vice-captain before Kenpachi defeated the old captain and took his place, so this isn't something new. In Bleach the powerful Shinigami are that way because of a combination of inborn talent with reiatsu and training, so presumably she was born with massive natural reiatsu and has the skills to back it up. The question is, does she look like a little girl because she's that young and is a prodigy, or because she's a weird and frivolous person and chooses to look that way?
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

phoenixphire24

I want to know where her sword is hiding! We haven't seen one (to my knowledge, I'm not caught up on the manga) from Nanao (8th vice captin) either. She's always carrying around that giant book.

LastElixir

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"I want to know where her sword is hiding! We haven't seen one (to my knowledge, I'm not caught up on the manga) from Nanao (8th vice captin) either. She's always carrying around that giant book.

Yachiru has a little sword tied loosely to her uniform. Theres pictures of her dragging it around when she runs.

J

JME2

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Okay this has been bugging me for awhile now. Just how the HECK did little Yachiru get to be so absurdly strong?! I mean she's this cute girl of seven years old or so...and she's already so absurdly strong! What's up with that?!

Because she's evil incarnate... :wink:  :twisted:  8)

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "LastElixir"
Quote from: "phoenixphire24"I want to know where her sword is hiding! We haven't seen one (to my knowledge, I'm not caught up on the manga) from Nanao (8th vice captin) either. She's always carrying around that giant book.

Yachiru has a little sword tied loosely to her uniform. Theres pictures of her dragging it around when she runs.

J

Yeah, but I mean, I've never seen her use it, just knock people around.