Play! Concert and Scheduling Conflicts?

Started by elenaluz, April 28, 2007, 02:03:32 PM

elenaluz

Does anyone know what other live events, if any, are going to be scheduled at the same time as the Play! concert?  I'm still deciding whether to buy a ticket.

phoenixphire24

According to the video schedule, it will be at the same time as Yaoi bingo. That's the only live event listed so far.

BrightHeart76

Black and White Ball is also at the same time...I think
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

heeroyuy135

I also thought that the Karaoke contest was going to be during the conert

Tony

PLAY! will also be running up against the main MusicFest concert for most of the show. Though, if you head over as soon as PLAY finishes, you'll be able to catch Crack 6.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Sen

Quote from: "Tony"PLAY! will also be running up against the main MusicFest concert for most of the show. Though, if you head over as soon as PLAY finishes, you'll be able to catch Crack 6.

NOOOOOoOOOOOOOOoOOoooOooo. How could you do this to me Tony?
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

elenaluz

Man, now I'm conflicted.  I want to see Yaoi Bingo again.  And now it looks like one of my friends' 21st birthday is on Friday, on Yuri night.  

Does anyone know if Masquerade and AMV Contest will also be on that Saturday night?

Eri

Quote from: "elenaluz"Man, now I'm conflicted.  I want to see Yaoi Bingo again.  And now it looks like one of my friends' 21st birthday is on Friday, on Yuri night.  

Does anyone know if Masquerade and AMV Contest will also be on that Saturday night?

Masquerade is on Sunday night at the CPA.. AMV contest, from what I heard from the guy running it, will be showns several times over the weekend so nobody has to sacrifice too many things to watch it.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Long

Quote from: "Sen"
Quote from: "Tony"PLAY! will also be running up against the main MusicFest concert for most of the show. Though, if you head over as soon as PLAY finishes, you'll be able to catch Crack 6.

Looks like MusicFest is being attacked mercilessly this year. Dx

Tony

Quote from: "Long"

You don't even know the half of it! We actually had two major disasters  during the booking process (not including PLAY and JRR). It was going to be a legendary show...
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

Long

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "Long"

You don't even know the half of it! We actually had two major disasters  during the booking process (not including PLAY and JRR). It was going to be a legendary show...
Well... The solution is simple! (But probably not gonna happen because it would totally screw up the rest of the convention. Dx)

You'd have to last-minute reschedule! :D That way, everyone can be there. But there would be conflicts with the artists then, and their labels. However, perhaps if you'd persuade them that the best thing to do would be to reschedule to Sunday so they could opt for a larger audience, and therefore, more listeners to the music, and consumers for CD's and merchandise, it might work. D: And of course there's the conflict with renting out the... oh wait! I just checked. You're all not using the same stage as last year, so it might work out. I don't know. I really want the bands to be able to have a large audience.

Remind me to staff out for MusicFest preparation next year so I can understand all these problems first-hand! <3

Tony

Quote from: "Long"Well... The solution is simple! ...
LOL... you've got spunk, I'll give you that!

QuoteRemind me to staff out for MusicFest preparation next year so I can understand all these problems first-hand! <3
Hey, I'd be happy to chat about it offline. Lots of it is confidential per contract, but the story is kinda interesting.
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Well, I"m sure that musicfest will still be awesome.

There will be plenty of Fanime-goers who would rather see some great Jrock than listen to video game music. And then, there's always the whole free vs. not free. lol

I'm sure it'll be great Tony.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

chloerin

I can appreciate everything that the Fanime organizers are doing. On the one hand they have a free ticket for some pretty good groups. On the other they have a world renowned worldwide touring production with PLAY!. The truth is I like both J ROCK and VGM. However, PLAY! may never come around again and I can truly appreciate a full orchestra, choir, grammy award winning conductor. We need to support both or else these types of events cannot survive.

chloerin

Have you checekd out PLAY!'s website and some of the videos on you tube. This show looks freaking amazing. It is from the same team that did Dear Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY. I want to encourage everyone to go. last time I went I met Nobuo Uematsu, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and Yoshitake Amano.

chloerin

PLAY! Concert Kicks Off on Saturday, May 26, 2007 in San Jose, CA

PLAY! and Blizzard Entertainment® to Give Away Free World of Warcraft® Trial DVDs at the California Premiere

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March May 8, 2007- Today, Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. has announced that the upcoming PLAY! concerts will kickoff on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8PM in San Jose, CA at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts. The concert will take place in conjunction with the Fanime Convention www.fanime.com.

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony is a symphony concert world tour, featuring live music performed by full orchestra and choir. Outstanding graphics on large screens above the orchestra accompany the scores, highlighting memorable moments from a catalogue of blockbuster video games.

Audiences will be thrilled by orchestral arrangements of their favorite video game soundtracks, including the score to World of Warcraftâ, Blizzard Entertainmentâ's award-winning massively multiplayer online game.  As an added bonus, attendees to PLAY! Concerts will receive a free trial disc of World of Warcraft on DVD-ROM, which includes 14 days of free game time, while supplies last.

"Thanks to the generosity of Blizzard Entertainment, our concert goers will have a memento by which to remember their special evening at the PLAY! concert," says Jason Michael Paul, producer of PLAY!.

Additional tour dates including ticket information are available at the official PLAY! website at www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php <http://www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php> . So far, upcoming PLAY! concerts have been announced for Stockholm, Singapore, Sydney and Ft. Worth, TX.

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com <http://www.blizzard.com/> ), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard’s track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s free Internet gaming service, Battle.net®, reigns as the largest in the world, with millions of active users.

RyannBTW

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I also thought that the Karaoke contest was going to be during the conert
The prlims are actually earlier that afternoon, but the final round is during the concert.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "RyannBTW"
Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I also thought that the Karaoke contest was going to be during the conert
The prlims are actually earlier that afternoon, but the final round is during the concert.
Well, part of it is...