anyone looking for a part in a skit? i got one right here!

Started by lycan510, May 03, 2007, 10:55:59 PM

lycan510

i need an MC for the skit im doing at fanime. either post here, or shoot me a pm/im, and ill get right back to you.

any character is acceptable!!!

EDIT: Here's the Script!!!
MC = Emcee
H = Hinata
A = Alucard
Ra = Ranma
R = ren

Characters:

Hinata â€" bachelorette

______ - Emcee

Alucard â€" bachelor #1

Ranma Saotome â€" Bachelor #2

Ren â€" Bachelor #3

*Opening song plays*

MC: Welcome, Ladies and Gents, to the DATING GAME!!! Today on our show, Ms. Hyuuga Hinata is going to get to choose between these three men. First, we have the Vampire, Alucard! Welcome dear sir.

Alucard: Thanks for having me.

MC: Alucard likes walking in pools of blood, drinking blood, and bathing in blood. Next we have Ranma Saotome.

Ranma: Hi there.

MC: Ranma is a martial artist who like beatin his friends up, arguing with akane, dising akane, and tunring into a girl. Long Story. And our third, and Final bachelor, Ren. Ren is the lead guitarist of Trapnest, and has moved out of his ex-girlfriedns house after 2 years of being apart.

Ren: Hi, but you weren’t supposed to say that.

MC: Ren like riding his motorcycle, noodling on his guitar, hot women, and… well… lets keep it PG-13 here. Now, Hinata is going to have a chance to ask some questions. But first, lets hear from Hinata something about herself. Come on out Hinata.

Hinata: Well, lets see… Im a chuunin now. I live in the village of konoha, where my family has lived since the first hokage. I liked this one boy, from a long time ago. We wont go into details. Im looking for a man that will take care of me, and love me for a long time.

MC: Alright then. Hinata, here is a list of questions to ask. Be my guest.

Hinata: Ok. First question. Directed at all of you. Whats your idea of a dream date?

A: I’d take you out, hunting vampires, then ask if you’re a virgin. If you said yes, id use you as bait. Isnt that right, police girl? *Whimper from back*

Ra: wow. Ok, id take you to a martial arts show. I think id could probably beat any of them, so no worries there. You’d be safe.

Ren: Wow, these two are losers. *Alucard and Ranma look at ren like they wanna kill him” Now don’t move guys, it was a joke. I’d take you out to a nice dinner, and maybe a rock concert afterwards. If there were no good bands playing, I’d take you to the movies.

H: well, I have a SNEAKING suspicion who im going to choose. Now, I have one question more, and I think o know who im going to choose.

MC: really? Wow…

H: ok so question 2. if I were to come on to you in your car, and get really deep into it, but I suddenly stop. What would you do?

A: id slit your finger and drink some of the blood. Theres nothing like the feeling of a vampire touching your skin to drive a gal wild.

Ra: hmm. Tough question. Id probably try to restrain myself and stop if possible.

Ren: again, I take the top. Id stop, see if you were alright and go from there. If you wanted to continue, we would. Wanna go home? We will. It’s all up to you.

MC: alright then. Hinata, have you made your decision?

H: yes I have

Long pause

MC: well, who is it?

H: Oh! Sorry. I choose Bachelor number 3!

MC: OK! Well, lets see who you didn’t choose! You didn’t choose… Bachelor Number one! Alucard, Im sorry. *Alucard music plays. Hinata motions for a hug, but alucard just keeps walking away* You also didn’t choose… Bachelor Number 2! Ranma, im sorry. *Ranma music starts playing. Ranma gives hinata a hug, and walks off stage* You did choose: Bachelor #3!!! Ren, congradulations!!! Now you two, you get to pick one place to go together.
H and Ren: Hawaii.

MC: haha woah. Kinda jumping the gun there. Anyway, here you have it folks. Heres our happy couple.

*Ranma and Alucard run onstage hand in hand*

Ra: Ha! You get 2 happy couples.

A: because we found love in eachother, too

*double fakeout makeout while “When its Love” starts*

MC: Thank you everyone. Good night.

END!!!
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

lycan510

zoupzuop2

Gosh, I would, but my cosplay is commissioned and therefore not useful...
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

heeroyuy135

I have the same problem too as well. I wonder how they can spot one...

lycan510

thats fine. i dont mind commisioned costumes. i dont know if they're supposed to be hand made or not. i mean, i dont have to go for craftsmanship. if you dont say its commisioned, how will they know?

angeljibrille

Quote from: lycan510 on May 06, 2007, 02:05:40 PM
thats fine. i dont mind commisioned costumes. i dont know if they're supposed to be hand made or not. i mean, i dont have to go for craftsmanship. if you dont say its commisioned, how will they know?

Anyone participating in the Masquerade needs to have made most of their costume or made it with a group or had it made by the "Group Designer" (who must be in the skit).

We do ask basic questions when you check in. Other cosplayers have been known to be tattletales too, so don't anticipate that you can get around the rules; you WILL disqualify your group.

From the rules:

Please note that costumes purchased or rented from a costume shop, designer direct, eBay, Yahoo Auctions, Yahoo Japan Auctions, Cospa, any other costume store or online resource, or any costumes made for you by a designer or seamstress, are prohibited. Ignoring this rule will negate your eligibility (and your group's eligibility; even if only one person in the group has a disqualified costume) to participate in Masquerade and will also disqualify you for any performance and/or craftsmanship awards. Honesty is always the best policy; tell us if one person in your group made all the costumes. That person (as long as they are a member of your group) is eligible for a Design Award (see the Awards section for more details).

There are two notable exceptions to the "purchased or rented" policy:

Exception 1: "Found Item" costumes are allowed. This is basically a costume that was built by collecting various appropriate pieces from normal clothing stores and combining them together in a unique way (with or without sewing) to make a costume.

Exception 2: If the participant is in the Junior/Youth division, we completely understand if Mom and/or Dad (or a guardian) made or helped to make the costume. However, if this is the case, we would appreciate that Mom and/or Dad (or the guardian) be present at Masquerade to answer the judges' questions and to supervise the participant.

--------------

To pre-emptively answer some questions:

Yes, this has been in place for several years. No, this rule will not be changed. Yes, we did discuss it extensively last year (and the year before, and the year before that), and detailed the resons for Fanime's policies. Yes, every other convention does it this way do, from AX to ComicCon. You can find the info by searching in the forums.

If you want to dress up in a purchased costume, you have options like Stage Zero, the official gatherings, and other resources. The Masquerade is specifically for those who want to compete, and competing means at least making some of your costume or making it with your group. We have so many people wanting to participate that we have to cut it off somewhere, and that's the dividing line.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance with this issue,
Marisa
Fanime Masquerade Coordinator