How I Roll

Started by SuperKawaiiNeko, May 08, 2007, 01:34:07 AM

SuperKawaiiNeko

I know that I have posted this in more than one section of the board. I thought it appropriate, but if the staff finds this unacceptable please take the appropriate action. Now then.

Today is Tuesday, the 8th of may. On Wednesday, the 9th of may, I shall purchase my Amtrak ticket that will allow me to, as they say, "get jiggy wid it."

Where this ticket will ultimately take me depends on you.

The Scenario: I reside in Sacramento. I wish to arrive AT THE CONVENTION SITE around noon, on THURSDAY THE 24th. I will also accept as early as ten and as late as one.

Now I could simply amtrak straight from Sacramento to San Jose. This will take about three hours in comfort, but I will be alone and bored and when I get to the end of the line I get to walk a mile from the station to the convention center in the hot sun loaded with crap.

This is not ideal.

Thus! If anyone else is planning on (or is willing to) arrive within this timeframe on the proper date, lives north of San Jose, and has room, would you be willing to give me a ride? I will amtrak to as near to you as I can, and you come pick me up and we go from there together, and a good time is had by all. Now, I am loud and like to talk and will likely have several bags and possibly some other stuff, but I do not smell and am very friendly and nice. This will likely be cheaper for me, and will give me some company for at least part of the trip.

A willingness to take me back the same way monday evening is much preferred, but is not strictly necessary.

An alternative! I understand that I am asking a bit from you, and some people actually live in San Jose itself which would make this kind of silly for them (unless theyre willing to drive north and get me from another station?) And so, I offer this alternative. Is anybody willing to pick me up from the station about a mile from the convention center at any point between those times, so at least I dont have to walk?

If anybody is willing to take up this noble quest, please reply to this thread or, better yet, PM me with where you are, where youre willing to pick me up at, when youre willing to pick me up, and what time you want to arrive at the convention on thursday.

Thanks in advance!
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Lizchan33

I would but I don't even know when I'm leaving yet .... xD

yillfu

if amtrak takes you to the san jose diridon caltrain station, then the convention center is only 5-10 minute walk from the station...unless there's an amtrak station somewhere downtown i don't know about...then jokes on me.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

SuperKawaiiNeko

At the moment I am not exactly sure what the station name is. All I know is that the directions I got from it to the convention center told me its just over a mile of walking from one to the other, which would be about 20 miniutes. I know that doesnt sound like much, but...again. Hot sun. Lots of crap. Not in great shape. Not to mention I'll be going through the middle of downtown San Jose.

Its not impossible. Its just a very large pain in the ass I'd rather avoid.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Barnes

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"There's a shuttle that goes directly from the train station to the convention center

WeekDAYS only, as far as I know. But since he's arriving on Thurs, he'll be good.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RyuHayabusa

and this is the station's name:

San Jose Diridon

It serves the VTA Light Rail, Amtrak and Caltrain.

Hopefully that helps.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

yillfu

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"and this is the station's name:

San Jose Diridon

It serves the VTA Light Rail, Amtrak and Caltrain.

Hopefully that helps.

thought so! just walk =p.  it's shorter than my walk from 4th street garage to the sharks games.  (exercise and quicker exit)
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

FanFicGuru

If you're ending up at the san jose Diridon you can hop on the light rail to the convention center for 1.75. It's about 2 stops away and drops you off right in front of the center.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

narutofan17

I'm doin the caltrain thing. Way cheaper then amtrak.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

BlackDelo

No need to take light rail from diridon, Just take the DASH (Downtown Area SHuttle). it's free and will stop directly in front of the Convention Center.
www.myspace.com/bigfatiori

"You know, AX gives you cancer."