Fighting games on console

Started by HentaiTentacleDemon, May 11, 2007, 11:11:16 PM

HentaiTentacleDemon

I know that OCE doesn't want any console version of their games at the convention and I can understand how it would cut into their profits, but what if we allow console fighting games for tournaments ONLY.

So, like on regular days, the console fighting games would be locked away, but when the console tournament starts, THEN we bust out the console fighting games such as Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, or whatever, and as soon as the tournament is over, we lock away the console fighting games again.

I don't think this idea will harm OCE's profits, because the console games will be locked away for the majority of the convention. In fact, I think it might even boost OCE's profits, because people will want to practice & sharpen they're skills before the tourney, and if the console fighting games are locked up, then they will have no choice but to practice on the arcade cabinets. Even during the convention, people that get bored while waiting for their match to come up, they can just hope over to the arcade cabinets to pass the time.

I know it's way too late to do anything for Fanime 07, but would this be possible for Fanime 08? I think this idea can work out. If anyone disagrees, please elaborate.

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

HentaiTentacleDemon

yea, that's what i meant.

damn, i thought i worded everything perfectly.

Barnes

Oh well, so much for DC MVC2. :P
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Zekke

Could someone say what he said again only more simply. @_@ for some reason it isnt clicking with me.

HentaiTentacleDemon

OCE (OnCampus Entertainment) is the company that is providing the arcade machines for Fanime. OCE stated that they didn't want Fanime Gaming department to provide any console versions of the games OCE will be providing.

EXAMPLE: OCE will be providing a Capcom vs SNK 2 arcade machine, therefore, the Fanime Gaming department is not to provide any console version of Capcom vs SNK 2, such as the X-Box or PlayStation 2.

I'm suggesting is that the Fanime Gaming department make a request to OCE to allow an exception for a console tournament. It's kinda hard to run a console tournament without the console game...

magz

Add to that the fact that, AFAIK,there hasn't been any official word as to the specific arcade machines being provided by OCE either...

HentaiTentacleDemon

They'll probably just gonna take the machines from the SJSU Student Union Bowling Center again. So, we should definitely be seeing CvS2, MvC2, 3S, GGX2, KoF, & SC2.

HentaiTentacleDemon

OK, I'm seeing fighting games on consoles? I thought they were banned?

Spiritsnare

The only 'clone' I'm seeing is Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken.

Other than that, I think everything featured has been "unique" to either the arcade or the console gaming section.
epic progressive

vox

HentaiTentacleDemon

i saw guilty gear & tekken 5 there.

magz

GGXX/GGXX Slash were fine because we had Accent Core on the arcades. Tekken 5/HnK were indeed duplicates though.

Logik

There weren't any duplicates of T5 either. Console had v5.0. Arcade had DR.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Per policy and to my understanding, E-Gaming (PC/Console areas) are not allow to have a game that will conflict with the Arcades. This year so far we have not received any complaints about it.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Chloe

They put on DOA 4 only for a night and then took it off. Damnit,  I wanted to play it more.   I kinda wished they put on more tvs for fighting games on the console.  D:
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

abcbadcat

Quote from: "Chloe"They put on DOA 4 only for a night and then took it off. Damnit,  I wanted to play it more.   I kinda wished they put on more tvs for fighting games on the console.  D:
My friend was the one who brought his DOA

My OTHER friend won the Gears of War tournament.

Chloe

Quote from: "abcbadcat"
Quote from: "Chloe"They put on DOA 4 only for a night and then took it off. Damnit,  I wanted to play it more.   I kinda wished they put on more tvs for fighting games on the console.  D:
My friend was the one who brought his DOA

My OTHER friend won the Gears of War tournament.

Oh, yeah?  I remember last year they had it too.  Was it your friend again?  Man, if I had known, maybe we could've played it more... *Tear*
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Shinsengumi

They had DOA 4 for one day only awww man I've missed it they could of left it longer I would of played.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

HentaiTentacleDemon

Quote from: "magz"GGXX/GGXX Slash were fine because we had Accent Core on the arcades.
Quote from: "Logik"There weren't any duplicates of T5 either. Console had v5.0. Arcade had DR.

I saw 3S there too, for like 1 night.