Website updates??

Started by Mew, May 12, 2007, 08:29:04 AM

Mew

Um, yeah, I don't normally pressure Fanime staff or anything, but with less than two weeks until the con, the remaining guests (if any, though I believe there will be 2 more?) have not yet been announced, the website still tells people to register online, and overall there's been a lack of updates.

Could we please get some kind of info on what will be going down? Soon?

I'm very curious as to who the remaining guests will be (though one possibility popped up in the Guests thread), and with less than 2 weeks to go, there's no way for Fanime to properly promote the new guests. Unless the guests you're going to get aren't very big so there's no real need to promote?? :cry: Still hoping for a seiyuu guest over here! Please tell me whether or not I should keep on hoping.

PS No Fanime ad on the new Convention Center sign board thingy?? I get on the light rail at the con center every day and I haven't seen anything.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

yumicchi88

i wanna know the live events and panels schedule...
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "yumicchi88"i wanna know the live events and panels schedule...
Odds are, that would come within the week of Fanime

phoenixphire24

Isn't one of the guests the president of Bandai whose going to preview those shows?

IamTetsuo

Last year they were pretty good about getting the schedual out.  Just about everything was available the week before.

And seeing as how they have a rough draft of the video schedual already up chances are everything will be up next week.

LadyKaren

Quote from: "GokuMew2"Um, yeah, I don't normally pressure Fanime staff or anything, but with less than two weeks until the con, the remaining guests (if any, though I believe there will be 2 more?) have not yet been announced,

Yes there are more guests to be announced on the website, but we’re holding them for more anticipation.

Quote from: "GokuMew2"
the website still tells people to register online,

You can register online still. We updated it awhile back and said, "hey you can register online till May 22nd." Please note the updating at the end of April saying this.

and overall there's been a lack of updates.

Tell that to my queue of about 40 updates that got completed over the last 2 weeks.

Could we please get some kind of info on what will be going down? Soon?

Read the website. It's packed with lots of infomation!

Quote from: "GokuMew2"with less than 2 weeks to go, there's no way for Fanime to properly promote the new guests.

True, but I doubt people are checking the website daily if they're not registered to come anyways. So it wouldn't draw in attendees. And we'll promote them a week before con so when everyone is checking the websites a week before con, they can plan to go see said guests.

PS No Fanime ad on the new Convention Center sign board thingy?? I get on the light rail at the con center every day and I haven't seen anything

Can't say anything on this.. it doesn't involve web...

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"
Quote from: "yumicchi88"i wanna know the live events and panels schedule...
Odds are, that would come within the week of Fanime

Bingo!

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Isn't one of the guests the president of Bandai whose going to preview those shows?

It's actually going to be the vice president.

Mew

Quote from: "LadyKaren"Yes there are more guests to be announced on the website, but we’re holding them for more anticipation.
I see new on the guests page Sanada, Rueben, and Iijima. Are those the final guests?

Just me personally, but I'm a bit sad if these were the "anticipated" guests. Not saying that I don't welcome their presence, but I don't think there was any need to hide them...

Wish Mizushima could have come back. Would be nice to chat with him now that he's landed a big main role as Romeo in Romeo x Juliet.

Quote from: "LadyKaren"You can register online still. We updated it awhile back and said, "hey you can register online till May 22nd." Please note the updating at the end of April saying this.
I wrote that before the date was extended, so....

Quote from: "LadyKaren"Tell that to my queue of about 40 updates that got completed over the last 2 weeks.
I stand corrected, but they weren't listed on the main page, so I totally didn't notice them.

Quote from: "LadyKaren"Can't say anything on this.. it doesn't involve web...
There are TWO ads currently running on the board now! =.D
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

phoenixphire24

Apparently there is yet ANOTHER guest to be annouced. Something to do with the X-Box 360 and Naruto?  :?:

yumicchi88

Inuashley

Quote from: "yumicchi88"schedule~~~~
I've been refreshing the website and the forums since 2p.m. today XDD Where is the schedule? lol
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

yumicchi88

i wanna see the schedule so i can plan out stuff!!!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Apparently there is yet ANOTHER guest to be annouced. Something to do with the X-Box 360 and Naruto?  :?:
yea, i know abouth this.

i'll let you wait for the actual announcement itself...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Tony

Schedule is up, sorry for the delay!

It's already out of date, though, but only minor things. ^^;
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Tony"Schedule is up, sorry for the delay!

It's already out of date, though, but only minor things. ^^;

Tony, you ARE THE MAN! 5 days to go and the schedule is up. w00t!

EDIT: It's so easy to read! I'm so happy! THANK YOU!!!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

phoenixphire24

Yes, THANK YOU for making it readable. It printed out beautifully.  :D

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Yes, THANK YOU for making it readable. It printed out beautifully.  :D

yumicchi88

thank you soo much!!
this is great~ small and easy to read!! yay!

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Yes, THANK YOU for making it readable. It printed out beautifully.  :D

Well that's truly reassuring! I'm going to start schedule mass printing on Tuesday and I was hoping that everything printed well.

Thank you everyone for giving us constructive criticism last year. Now the schedules and program guide came out better than ever! I hope you all enjoy them ^_^
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

astroboy

Go Fluffy.....Go Fluffy.....Go Fluffy.....print those schedules!

*inside joke*  :wink:

Inuashley

I have a question: Is yaoi bingo on Saturday at 8p.m. or 9p.m.? On yaoi-con's site it says it's at 8, but the Fanime schedule says it's 9. Which one is it?
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2