Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga

Started by gmontem, May 13, 2007, 10:24:19 PM

Would you like to check out manga exhibit?

Yes, let's do the First Tuesday of the Month deal
3 (75%)
Yes, let's do this on a Weekend
1 (25%)
No, I like my manga characters drawn w/o pac-man eyes thank you very much
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: May 13, 2007, 10:24:19 PM

gmontem

I got a few interested in checking out this Asian Art Museum exhibit:

http://www.asianart.org/tezuka.htm

This museum is free on the first Tuesdays of every month, like June 5 and July 3.  I was thinking of having a gathering to check out the exhibit together in one of those days, preferably July 3.  However that day isn't convenient for several people.

For those interested would you like to check it out in one of the Tuesdays or on a weekend?  Just an FYI, my museum membership can take in 3 other adults and a minor. Sorry Mattie-Wattie you're no longer shouta for that. :P
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Kazuko

Tony

Oh, I totally forgot about this. Their gala event is actually the Friday after FanimeCon (the 1st) and it looks very nice. It's a cool place that I highly suggest visiting in general.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

LastElixir

Tezuka Osamu is THE MAN. One of the fathers of manga, I would love to check this out.

J

gmontem

Quote from: "Tony"Oh, I totally forgot about this. Their gala event is actually the Friday after FanimeCon (the 1st) and it looks very nice. It's a cool place that I highly suggest visiting in general.
Join us, Tony. It's about time you attended a Fanimafia gathering. XD

i feel so loved!

gmontem

Quote from: "LastElixir"Tezuka Osamu is THE MAN. One of the fathers of manga, I would love to check this out.
I'll bring the booklet I received through snail mail about this exhibit at this Friday's hang out.  It's got a couple of drawings that's worth showing around like we do with our art books. :)

i feel so loved!

felicity869

I'm down for a tuesday gathering.