FanimeCon katana!

Started by Tony, May 14, 2007, 12:07:45 AM

Tony

Pimpstress Rei is going to kill me for getting one but I can't help it. :oops:

One of our dealers (BowenDragon1) is offering a hand-forged or carbon steel katana, with the FanimeCon logo on it. Maybe it's just because I've been staffing for a while, but I'm going stupid over the shiny swordness.

http://bowendragon1.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=198&zenid=e4da2637fa0fc668058c9f7d631e0bfa
and
http://bowendragon1.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=199&zenid=e4da2637fa0fc668058c9f7d631e0bfa
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

heeroyuy135

They should actually sell some at the Con...because from what I read, it only looks like a pre-order

FanFicGuru

I think that you can order them from the convention, but you'll have to get it mailed. What it's saying (I'm pretty sure) is that as long as you pre-order it before the cutoff date you can pick it up at the convention instead of having to get it mailed and paying extra for shipping.

Maybe.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kava

You probably can't just ask for and get one at-con because of the engravings and such... they probably only make them after they've been ordered. That would be my guess anyways.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Pimpstress Rei

Ah boys and their swords. So much has changed over the years, yet some things stay the same...

Btw Tony, I won't kill you for getting the sword. You totally deserve it. But I WILL kill you if you swing that thing around the house. If you're going to play ninja with the other boys, go outside and do that.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"Ah boys and their swords. So much has changed over the years, yet some things stay the same...

Btw Tony, I won't kill you for getting the sword. You totally deserve it. But I WILL kill you if you swing that thing around the house. If you're going to play ninja with the other boys, go outside and do that.

I wanna play too! *chases Tony outside swinging his Fanime katana*
Swap meet staff - 2014

gmontem

I like how they don't have a Convention Sword for AX.   :lol:
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

heeroyuy135

That's because AX isn't until July...

Does anyone know when the cut-off date is? I might go down to the wire to deciding to pre-order...

FanFicGuru

Also, do we click 'walk in' for shipping? I'm guessing so...since it's like we're picking it up from their store. *shrugs* I ordered it already.
Swap meet staff - 2014

sailordumb

I always find it amusing how everyone gets into the conflict of buying weapons like swords and what not in the dealers room, but then once they go outside, they aren't allowed to carry it around with them, because it is a weapon, and for the not dangerous ones, or almost realistic looking ones, they have to get it tagged or whatever by con-ops.  I wonder, what do people do, if they are only at the con for one day, have no room, or dont know anyone with a room, and got to the con via public transportation?  If I were to just buy a $150 sword, I would not want to put it down anywhere.

Kava

Quote from: "sailordumb"I always find it amusing how everyone gets into the conflict of buying weapons like swords and what not in the dealers room, but then once they go outside, they aren't allowed to carry it around with them, because it is a weapon, and for the not dangerous ones, or almost realistic looking ones, they have to get it tagged or whatever by con-ops.  I wonder, what do people do, if they are only at the con for one day, have no room, or dont know anyone with a room, and got to the con via public transportation?  If I were to just buy a $150 sword, I would not want to put it down anywhere.
My suggestion would be: a) wait until the end of the convention to buy it, till you're ready to leave. b) ask the dealer to hold it for you, with your name on it... (make sure to hold onto your receipt) until you are ready to go.

In most cases though, I believe the dealers package them such that they can be carried. Ie: In boxes, secured, etc. Most things, as you said, can also be secured by Rovers, and then be carried around at the con.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

K&K4ever

It would be cool to have a Fanime Katana but the clinch for me is the price. If someone gives it to me, I'll take it :D
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

heeroyuy135

I just bought mine :)

I'll probably pick it up Monday

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Shinsengumi

I might think of buying one. I don't know yet
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jadrian

Hi this is Kim from BowenDragon1..
I will have as of today 7 of the hand forged extra at show and about 10 of the Katanas extra at show..yes mostly we try to take preorder because of the years being on blade ....

hehe :roll: i have been waiting for approval so i could anwser..John couldnt remember his password to BowenDragon1 heheh dont worry if it charged you shipping i will give it back at show.. their is never no shipping charge on engraved blades.

Jadrian

gmontem

as soon as i get permission from AX ill offer their sword too.. because of copyright laws i have to have cons permission first ;)

heeroyuy135

Do you also sell wall mounts? I'm looking into mounting one in my room and putting the FanimeCon Katana on it

Jadrian

HeeroYuy135
i dont have any with me.. Ill see if John can pick up a set on his way to CA. Im headed out to CA already ;) going to enjoy a day at beach before Fanime..