Photoshoots for cosplayers for a school project (UPDATED!)

Started by IamTetsuo, May 15, 2007, 11:46:14 PM

IamTetsuo

OK as promised the photo shoot times!
Friday: 3-5PM
Saturday: 2-4PM
Sunday: 2-3 and 5:30-6:30
Monday: 1-2PM

You can meet me near the enterance to the Marriot from the convention floor, although if you would prefer to meet elsewhere I am more than happy to meet you where ever!

Please reply to this thread or PM me with when and where you'd like to meet!  If none of these times work for you let me know and I'll try to work around your schedual.

Hi everyone!  Some of you might have noticed my other post about this in General Discussion, so if you have bear with me.
For those of you who haven't:  I am a student at University of California Santa Cruz taking a photography class.  The final project for my class is to create a photography book, and I have decided that my book will focus on Fanime, specifically the cosplay and anime fandom aspects of fanime.  This book will be put on public display at UCSC during this semester's open studios.  This will be a one off hand made book, although I will probably make a duplicate to donate to the convention.

I will be going around the con looking for models for portraits, but it would be nice to pre-arrange some shoots with cosplayers who know who I am and what my photos are going to be used for.  Oh and in case you're worried no these photos are not going to be put up for sale.

Also I will give you all of the photos I shoot of you for free!  Yes the full quality original files.  No watermarks or resizing!  Just make sure to leave me some contact info after the shoot so I can get them to you.

So how about it?  Would anyone like to pose their cosplay for me?  Just post here and as it gets closer to the con we can arrange times and places to meet.   :D

heeroyuy135

IamTetsuo

Cool Heero!

I forgot to mention though, it would probably be best if you're over 18 or have parental permission.  I don't want to get sued by angry parents for taking photos of their kid!  Not that I think that would really happen, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Inuashley

Hi, I'd be happy to do it, as long as it fits into my schedual^^ I'm 14, but my mom will be with me, so she could give a signature or something ^^;; Do you have any preference on costumes? I'm bringing Warrior Paine(FFX-2), Shuichi(Gravitation), Itachi(Naruto), Shippuden Sasuke(Naruto), Axel(Kingdom Hearts 2), Deep Dive Riku(Kingdom Hearts 2), and Hitsugaya(Bleach). ^_^;
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "IamTetsuo"Cool Heero!

I forgot to mention though, it would probably be best if you're over 18 or have parental permission.  I don't want to get sued by angry parents for taking photos of their kid!  Not that I think that would really happen, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm 18, so don't worry about it :)

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Inuashley"Hi, I'd be happy to do it, as long as it fits into my schedual^^ I'm 14, but my mom will be with me, so she could give a signature or something ^^;; Do you have any preference on costumes? I'm bringing Warrior Paine(FFX-2), Shuichi(Gravitation), Itachi(Naruto), Shippuden Sasuke(Naruto), Axel(Kingdom Hearts 2), Deep Dive Riku(Kingdom Hearts 2), and Hitsugaya(Bleach). ^_^;

I'll probably have a form for her to sign.  As far as costumes go I don't have a particular preferance (although of the series you listed Bleach is my favorite), I would say that you should pick which ever one you think looks best.

Devi 1313

Ooh, UCSC, I wanted to go there. I love photography too. I'm down. I'll be bringing 3 different costumes (4 including a ballroom version of one); Lucy and Nana (Elfen Lied) and Etna (Disgaea). And no worries, I look like jailbait but I'm really 21.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Nana"Ooh, UCSC, I wanted to go there. I love photography too. I'm down. I'll be bringing 3 different costumes (4 including a ballroom version of one); Lucy and Nana (Elfen Lied) and Etna (Disgaea). And no worries, I look like jailbait but I'm really 21.

Ha, I understand, nobody believes me when I tell them I'm 23.

crimson89

Ooo, I'll volunteer. I'll be dressing up as Light Yagami (Death Note), a pretty simple one, but I intend on making it a very effective/powerful cosplay 8-)  And I jus turned 18, so there'll be no parental worries :P PM me to set up a solid time/date.

Inuashley

What day/time is it? That will determine what costume i'm wearing. Also how long will it take?

heeroyuy135

Is there any way that I can get copies of the photos you take?

IamTetsuo

Days and times are to be determined.  I will be at the con all weekend, arriving Friday between 10AM and noon and leaving when they kick us out on Monday (I'll even be there Thursday to pick up my pass).  I'm waiting on the live event and asian film scheduals to come out so I know when things that I want to see will be happening (hey I'm not going to the convention just to work!  :P )  I think how I am going to do this is I will set aside several hours every day for shoots.  Once I have decided on when these times are (I will decide by this Saturday at the lastest) I will post them and you can contact me letting me know which ones work with your schedual.

Based upon my schedual so far most of the shoots will be during the afternoon.

The shoots should last around 15 minutes each, maybe longer.

Yes I will be able to give you copies of the photos I take.  All of the photos I take will be going up on my Flickr account.  I have a pro account there, so you will be able to download the full quality original photos.  I will also give you my contact information and get contact information from you to let you know if photos of you make it into the book, and when and where the book will be on display if you want to come and see it.

I also might be able to make prints if you would like them, although we'll have to talk about that.

senritsu

sure, i'll go for it

i have alot of costumes though
you get to pick one... or keep bumping into me at the con

here are your choices
irvine from final fantasy 8
fuujin from final fantasy 8
ebisu from naruto
random jrock stuff
zexion from kingdom hearts 2
ulquiorra from bleach
gamma akutabi from zombie powder
luffy from one piece
kitaro from gegege no kitaro
or ryuichi from gravitation

i'm doing them all

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Kegan_Flame

you should most deffinantly come to the maid cafe  ^__^

BrightHeart76

I'm not a super pretty person, but you're more then welcome to take a picture.  I'll be Nuriko (Fushigi Yuugi) and Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle).  I hope your project goes well!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

IamTetsuo

OK as promised the photo shoot times!
Friday: 3-5PM
Saturday: 2-4PM
Sunday: 2-3 and 5:30-6:30
Monday: 1-2PM

I will also be there on Thursday, although I doubt anyone will be cosplaying for the badge pickup.

Please either respond to this post or PM me letting me know which times work for you!  If you have more than one costume I am more than happy to shoot you on multiple days!

As to where the shoots will be happening:  last year they had a corded off area with a white backdrop near the entrance to the Marriot.  I have been informed (hopefully correctly) that anyone can use this space.  So if this space is available it would be a great starting point for shoots (shoots may move to other areas/outside if the lighting and costume warrant).

In any case the enterance to the Marriot is a good place to meet even if the white backdrop area isn't available.

I'll also edit this in to the first post.

Oh and Senritsu I'd love to see your gamma akutabi cosplay, although all of those costumes sound very interesting!

PS Here's a picture of me to help you pick me out from the crowd!

I may or may not have my hair spiked, depends if I can make the time to get a haircut this week.

heeroyuy135

I can go Sunday between 2:30 and 3PM...I have another photoshoot at 2PM, and I want to get good seats for the cosplay competition, so 5:30-6:30PM is out the question...

IamTetsuo

Oh I didn't realize that the cosplay competition was on Sunday...

Hmm I might have to organize another time on Sunday...

Inuashley

None of those times work for me, but I will be cosplaying as ANBU Itachi on Thursday and I'm available between 7p.m. and around 11p.m. or so, although I'm going to the ZZ concert at 8. Would any of those times work for you?

AngelKawaii

I would love to do this, but I am staff and the times I am off greatly depend on my department.

So, if you spot me around I will gladly pose. ^_^ I will be wearing a bright pink kimono with a parasole on saturday. (it's really bright, trust me you can't miss it. xD) And Orihime on Sunday. (I will be the one w/ black shoes and a light brown bag thing, there's about 5 of us total.) And funky clothing on Friday and Monday. xD

And a maid outfit on Sat-Sun. Make sure you stop by our maid cafe. There will be lots of pretty ladys of whome you can take pictures. ^_^ And you can also grab a bite to eat.(PS: you would need to the tell the head maid what your purpose for them is though.)