For The Karaoke Contest Winner

Started by Hank-KKD, May 19, 2007, 06:23:52 PM

Hank-KKD

We are pleased to announce that this year's winner of the Fanime Con Karaoke contest will have the honor of performing two songs during the Fanime Masquerade on Sunday evening: the winning song and one follow-up song of their choice.

The winner will also receive priority seating at the Masquerade for themselves and up to three friends or family members. If the winning entry is a group, this could be adjusted accordingly.

Our thanks to AngelJibrielle/Marisa of Masquerade!

RyannBTW

Could the winner do both of his/her contest songs?  If so, could he/she do the shortened/TV version of their prelim song?
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "RyannBTW"Could the winner do both of his/her contest songs?  If so, could he/she do the shortened/TV version of their prelim song?
Yeah, since the other song is the song of your choice

yumicchi88

both can be full version, right?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "yumicchi88"both can be full version, right?

I would say that as long as both songs are not longer than, say, 4-5 minutes it should be okay. When you win, you can check with the Masquerade Coordinator to confirm ;-)

RyannBTW

Dude, I totally can't wait.  I'm just gonna have to sing my little heart out.

Current projects:

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "RyannBTW"Dude, I totally can't wait.  I'm just gonna have to sing my little heart out.

Inuashley

This is going to be awesome ^_^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

anime_freakx1000

...Sweet... :D..too bad I won't get it though.

RyannBTW

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"...Sweet... :D..too bad I won't get it though.
Have faith!

Current projects:

Nina Star 9

A few questions.

1. Do we have to do two songs? I only have the full version of my finals round song prepared, and there is no way to get the lyrics to the full version of my preliminary round song and prepare the full thing by then. I do not know which other song I could possibly sing well enough. (Well, the only other song I can sing I am already doing part of in the masquerade competition itself...)

2. What if the winner is already participating in the masquerade competition? What if they would require a clothing change out of their cosplay and into another outfit for the singing, then would have to change back into the costume? This would be difficult with my costume, by the way.

Thank you very much!

yumicchi88

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"A few questions.

1. Do we have to do two songs? I only have the full version of my finals round song prepared, and there is no way to get the lyrics to the full version of my preliminary round song and prepare the full thing by then. I do not know which other song I could possibly sing well enough. (Well, the only other song I can sing I am already doing part of in the masquerade competition itself...)

2. What if the winner is already participating in the masquerade competition? What if they would require a clothing change out of their cosplay and into another outfit for the singing, then would have to change back into the costume? This would be difficult with my costume, by the way.

Thank you very much!

i know the answer to the first question!
1. you have to have two different songs ready, one for Preliminary, and one for Final round. not same song!
the max length you can have for Preliminary is 2:30, so that round, you can use the TV version (official!). if it passes 2:30, they will fade the song

Nina Star 9

That is not really what I am asking. I am asking for if I win the contest, as this is the thread for that. It has been stated up there in the first post that the winner will sing two songs at the masquerade- the winning song and another song. So I was asking if we have to do the two songs if we win, NOT in the contest (I already have that figured out, thank you), or if it is possible to only do one song, which would be the winning finals round song. I already know about the contest songs and lengths (did I even ask about lengths?), and if I had a question on that, I would ask in a thread for that. But thank you for your help anyway.

yumicchi88

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"That is not really what I am asking. I am asking for if I win the contest, as this is the thread for that. It has been stated up there in the first post that the winner will sing two songs at the masquerade- the winning song and another song. So I was asking if we have to do the two songs if we win, NOT in the contest (I already have that figured out, thank you), or if it is possible to only do one song, which would be the winning finals round song. I already know about the contest songs and lengths (did I even ask about lengths?), and if I had a question on that, I would ask in a thread for that. But thank you for your help anyway.

oo my bad.
then maybe Galewolf would have a better answer to that.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

angeljibrille

- It's fine for people to use the TV-size version of the winning song.

- If you are in the Masquerade and you win the contest, just let me know, and I will make sure your group has a gap time so you have time to change if you need to.

- We would be grateful if they use the true karaoke version of the songs they choose, as a voice-dampened song sounds really bad on a really good sound system -_- like the one in the CPA

- The two songs together should be no longer than 10 minutes of Masquerade time.

- We will have a wireless mic, and we have 4 wireless mics (total) if a group wins.

- For "free" tickets, they will still get one ticket for each person, but for the friends/family pass, we are capping those at 4 total even if a group wins.  (So a group of 3 winners, would get 7 tickets)

- I will need the CD from the Karaoke winner delivered to the SJCC Room D by Sunday at 10:00am

- Dress Rehearsal time is going to be about 4pm on Sunday at the CPA

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"A few questions.

Thank you very much!

1. One song is okay. Basically your performance cannot exceed ten minutes for the one or two songs.

2. The performance would most likely be during the judging break, so I am guessing you would probably not need to change back into your costume unless you want to. If you can't stay that late or or want to go at a different time, then you would need to make alternate arrangements with the Masquerade Coordinator.

Another bit of info:

You should be able to provide the karaoke/non-vocal version of the song, as there will not be vocal dampening during the Masquerade performance. Besides, you probably don't want vocal dampening on such a large stage.

-Hank

yumicchi88

Quote from: "GaleWolf"
Another bit of info:

You should be able to provide the karaoke/non-vocal version of the song, as there will not be vocal dampening. Besides, you probably don't want vocal dampening on such a large stage.

so if your final round music is vocal version, we should find different songs for the masquerade?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "yumicchi88"
Another bit of info:

You should be able to provide the karaoke/non-vocal version of the song, as there will not be vocal dampening. Besides, you probably don't want vocal dampening on such a large stage.

so if your final round music is vocal version, we should find different songs for the masquerade?

Or find a non-vocal version of your song.

yumicchi88

Quote from: "yumicchi88"
Another bit of info:

Or find a non-vocal version of your song.

for my final round song, they dont have the official karaoke version, so maybe do the preliminary song with full and another song?

Hank-KKD

Yes that should be okay.

Win the contest first, then worry about it ;-)