FanimeCon Poker Tournament

Started by heeroyuy135, May 19, 2007, 10:53:58 PM

heeroyuy135

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

FanFicGuru

Bet 'em like you've got 'em.

I may be in.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

M

FanimeCon tried this last year, but it never left the planning table for some reason (I'm not sure, but I'm going to say "laws").

We also can't award or charge anything for playing (I think prizes is okay for a reward though).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

heeroyuy135

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"Consider me in...

all in.
oh gawd
don't waste ALL your money this time <3
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

otakuya

There will be poker at the tabletop gaming room this year too (there was poker and other "regular" card games there for like 3 years). Just there's no buy ins and no money involved (legal stuff, you know). There will be prizes though.

Barnes

Quote from: "Otakuya"Just there's no buy ins and no money involved (legal stuff, you know).

Off topic:This makes me assume that money matches for video gaming are NOT allowed at Fanime. I'm just assuming.

On topic:I'll just watch the Poker games.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Emerge

i'll play if this goes down

heeroyuy135

I guess we could play for donated prizes and trophy

atan134340

there's bay 101 10~15 mins away...

their tourney's start around 9, only for those over 21 though

ININ

Quote from: "Otakuya"There will be poker at the tabletop gaming room this year too (there was poker and other "regular" card games there for like 3 years). Just there's no buy ins and no money involved (legal stuff, you know). There will be prizes though.

There is going to be Texas Hold'em at Tabletop Gaming.  I'm volunteering as one of the dealers.  The info above is correct.  Prizes are available.

M

Quote from: "ININ"
Quote from: "Otakuya"There will be poker at the tabletop gaming room this year too (there was poker and other "regular" card games there for like 3 years). Just there's no buy ins and no money involved (legal stuff, you know). There will be prizes though.

There is going to be Texas Hold'em at Tabletop Gaming.  I'm volunteering as one of the dealers.  The info above is correct.  Prizes are available.

Do we have a time on when this is starting? Just so the board-viewers know. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "ININ"

Do we have a time on when this is starting? Just so the board-viewers know. :)
Yeah, I need to know this so I can squeeze this into my schedule

Shinsengumi

Hummm sounds like fun, I'll think about it.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

heeroyuy135

I'm definately in this...
*plays poker @ Full Tilt*

ININ

Texas Hold'Em begins at 9pm in TableTop Gaming.  Sign up early.  '06 had full tables.

heeroyuy135

9 when? Friday? Saturday?

And is there any way that I can sign up online?

otakuya

heeroyuy135

The tourament went really well this year. Friday I was knocked out early (by someone who picked up a set of 8s on the turn) but Saturday I came out better and placed fourth.

What I would like to see next year is more people, and actual felt tables that we can bring in that stand on their own, and not like one that is put over a table. Also, whoever is working on this project this year can find out if someone can donate a bracelet ala the WSOP, have the FanimeCon logo engraved in it, and given out to the winnner.