FanimeCon Poker Tournament

Started by heeroyuy135, May 19, 2007, 10:53:58 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"The tourament went really well this year. Friday I was knocked out early (by someone who picked up a set of 8s on the turn) but Saturday I came out better and placed fourth.

What I would like to see next year is more people, and actual felt tables that we can bring in that stand on their own, and not like one that is put over a table. Also, whoever is working on this project this year can find out if someone can donate a bracelet ala the WSOP, have the FanimeCon logo engraved in it, and given out to the winnner.

Suggestion: the round tables used in the Console gaming area of E-gaming would work perfect actually, if you wanted to setup a dedicated poker/texas hold'em/blackjack station or two. I'll be your number one visitor, as I love this type of stuff.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

heeroyuy135

I'll take a look into that. But for now, I'm still in withdrawl that Fanime is actually over...

Ska_Kitti

So just barely finding this thread ( ehee...^^; ) I arranged Tabletop 07 with more long tables than round ones knowing I only had two legitimate dealers to do Texas Hold'em andm more support for traditional TCG games and like... Apples to Apples. Maybe if I'm running Tabletop next year I'll consider putting in more round tables if I get more dealers. If that happens... then CERTAINLY. I'll hold a Anime Poker Tournament.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay