Refrigerator? @marriot

Started by yumicchi88, May 21, 2007, 09:59:05 PM

yumicchi88

do they have frige in rooms? I was planning to bring meats for sandwiches, but just wanna know if anyone here would know.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Barnes

As of last year, NO. Bring an ice chest, and grab some ice from the ice machines you can find. Or bring your own ice.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

yumicchi88

ok, thanks for the info and suggestions!

IamTetsuo

No mini fridge at marriot (you get an in closet safe and a tv with front s-video connectivity instead).  Last year I brought an ice chest and just filled it up with ice from the ice machine like twice a day (don't forget to dump out the water every once in a while).

ip136

2 years ago I was able to request a fridge in my room.

Is this to say that we are unable to do this? When I originally spoke with FaniHousing back in November, they said it was still a possible request.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

LadyKaren

Quote from: "ip136"2 years ago I was able to request a fridge in my room.

Is this to say that we are unable to do this? When I originally spoke with FaniHousing back in November, they said it was still a possible request.

Offically, it is possible.
Realistically, ... HA!

There is a number in the marriott. But you must realized how many people there are in the hotel and how many requests there are for them. Hotel staff isn't feeling like giving them out? they don't. Also remember that the people paying more money will get them. For fanime, you get a discount. They don't want to provide extra services for those that they're already get paid less for.

I wouldn't count of them or even go beyond dream of them. If you do get one, feel honored - not just lucky.

ip136

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "ip136"2 years ago I was able to request a fridge in my room.

Offically, it is possible.
Realistically, ... HA!

I wouldn't count of them or even go beyond dream of them. If you do get one, feel honored - not just lucky.

Well, last time I was there (once again, 2 years ago now), not only did we receive poor service with their concierge, I spoke personally to the manager about their lack of professionalism in the matter (we were seriously treated just at CHECK-IN extremely rudely, and the woman questioned whether or not my ID was fake). So when I requested a fridge, they gave us a fridge for BOTH or our rooms for the entire weekend, no additional fuss.

I just wanted to clarify that they still have them upon request, so that I know I can still request for one.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

gmontem

Quote from: "IamTetsuo"No mini fridge at marriot (you get an in closet safe and a tv with front s-video connectivity instead).  Last year I brought an ice chest and just filled it up with ice from the ice machine like twice a day (don't forget to dump out the water every once in a while).

Brilliant!  I will try to remember to bring a cooler to try this idea out.  If my room ends up getting a fridge anyway, the cooler can make room for stuff that really belong in the fridge.  

Besides that, cooler + ice = poor man's upright row workout. XD
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

IamTetsuo

This year I'm bringing two coolers, because I have a bit more that needs to be kept cold this year.

chanocular

wow...i cant believe i missed this thread. :x

after arriving at the marriot this weekend, we relized we had no place to chill our drinks.

o well my fault. :(

ip136

Uhm.. just to let people know.. I guess a lot of people didn't bother to try and get a fridge at the Marriott this year.. so for NEXT year, request a fridge at check-in.

My group and I came in the day before the con (Thursday) and got a fridge in both of our rooms no problem. . .
Clicky my Art Pwease?

yumicchi88

how big is the fridge? and any additional costs?

ip136

Quote from: "yumicchi88"how big is the fridge? and any additional costs?

It is the size of a standard mini-fridge that you would find at the Hilton, and there isn't an additional cost to have one. (:
Clicky my Art Pwease?

FinalShadows

When the Fanime staff releases the information about the Hotel rooms, make sure you request for a mini fridge right away =P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

ip136

Quote from: FinalShadows on November 17, 2007, 11:19:52 PM
When the Fanime staff releases the information about the Hotel rooms, make sure you request for a mini fridge right away =P

In addition to that, I've found that it isn't normally kept in the notes when you reserve the room through Fanime. (I however, don't do this online and ALWAYS call the Fanime Housing reps)
The best way to ensure a fridge, is a week before the con, start bugging the hotel you are staying at. Check to see if they have the reservations from Fanime yet and if they do, confirm your requests.
I've found it very important for fridges, microwaves(Hilton) and ajoint rooms to call ahead and confirm with the hotel as much as possible. Sure, you could potentially be a thorn in their side, but you'll be a pretty, happy customer thorn! :D
Clicky my Art Pwease?

aarondirebear

Marriot, no, but Ramada has them.

heeroyuy135

Like what other people said, I'm bringing an ice chest full of water and Gatorade

Mister_E

I got one last year it was a mini frige!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

MidnightRosebud

We requested a fridge, but it was REALLY tiny. Plus, we're nearly positive ours was slightly defective. The stuff in there was never cold.
I would go with what many others are suggesting with just using the ice machines. Less of a headache, althoguh it's more work.
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy