Cosplay for 2008

Started by ~~Loktera~~, May 22, 2007, 01:47:36 PM

ph1shf00d

There are tons of cosplays I want to do... As to how many I actually can do, well~ We'll see how the year goes. XD

Planned
Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright)
Kittan (Gurren Lagann)
Shota Simon/Commander-in-chief-Simon (Gurren Lagann)
Gintoki (Gintama)
Hayate Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
Sanji- Water 7 arc (One Piece)
Nara Shikamaru (Naruto)

HAHAHA oh wow, I need to cosplay my own gender more. ._.;

Oathkeeper

Quote from: Rukia-Hitachiin on January 20, 2008, 05:19:07 PM

Are you from the SacAnime forums, too? I recognize your username ^^

Yep!~ I am!
glad to see you're going to Fanime! It's sooo rockawesome!
fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

mayalynn

Myself and my roommate will be going, costumes so far in progress are:

Mine:
Fuji Syuusuke - Seigaku tennis uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Oshitari Yuushi - Hyoutei Tennis Uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Yagyuu Hiroshi - RikkaiDai school uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Kajiwara Saku - first game kimono (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3)
Musashibou Benkei - first game regular outfit (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3)

Hers:
Tezuka Kunimitsu - Seigaku tennis uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Mukahi Gakuto - Hyoutei Tennis Uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Niou Masaharu  - RikkaiDai school uniform (Prince of Tennis)
Kajiwara Kagetoki - original game version (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3)

There are also Rikkai Tennis uniforms running around in my head, but Hyoutei takes priority since Kiuchi-san will be at the convention. ^_^
----------------------------------------------------
Anime Detour 2008 / Fanime 2008 / Nan Desu Kan 2008
----------------------------------------------------
Fuji Syuusuke, Oshitari Yuushi, Yagyuu Hiroshi, Kajiwara Saku, Musashibou Benkei

billgoku

I'll be doing Vash for the majority of the con, then my Sosuke from last here is going to return, cept this time no over jacket...that was a terrible mistake..so warm. Then I'm thinking maybe Onizuka from GTO..that one I'm still working on.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: billgoku on January 24, 2008, 12:35:00 AM
I'll be doing Vash for the majority of the con, then my Sosuke from last here is going to return, cept this time no over jacket...that was a terrible mistake..so warm. Then I'm thinking maybe Onizuka from GTO..that one I'm still working on.

I'd love to see an Onizuka! This guy working in the dealership said he was cosplaying him the day before, but I missed him. He said nobody knew who he was... I woulda known. ;_;

Mikuko

You're gonna go as Kuno?  heh Maybe I should go as female ranma.  I was already thinking about it, but I wasn't sure how many people were going to cosplay as Ranma 1/2 characters.

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on May 22, 2007, 01:47:36 PM
If you are like me, then you probably like planning ahead (only to wait until the last minute ^^'' )

So, what are you planning for 2008?

Vexen - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Rock Howard - Garou: Mark of the Wolf
Tatewaki Kuno - Ranma 1/2
(Secret Cosplay ^^)

::Small Edit::
HOLY CRAP! IT'S A STICKY!

billgoku

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 24, 2008, 07:42:05 PM

I'd love to see an Onizuka! This guy working in the dealership said he was cosplaying him the day before, but I missed him. He said nobody knew who he was... I woulda known. ;_;

Then I'll be sure to work hard on getting something together, I haven't seen one done, so I think the guy needs the love, and I'd be happy to honor the greatest teacher of all time. xD

Mikuko

I hope this year is gonna be an awesome one!  I have a couple new cosplay ideas.  Here is what I'm planning:

Shana ( Shakugan no Shana )
Kamame Chidori ( Full Metal Panic )
Female Ranma ( Ranma 1/2 )

Sad to say that no one recognized my cosplay last year, but it was to be expected.  I was Chichi from Dragonball Z.  Although, I was in her outfit when she fought in the martial arts tournament, so blah.  I have also went as Tifa from FF 7 Advent Children, and Sango from Inu-Yasha.  Oh, I'll be cosplaying with a friend of mine when I'm Shana. I'll be the black haired one, and my friend will be Shana when her hair is red. :D

billgoku

Quote from: Mikuko on January 24, 2008, 09:39:35 PM
I hope this year is gonna be an awesome one!  I have a couple new cosplay ideas.  Here is what I'm planning:

Shana ( Shakugan no Shana )
Kamame Chidori ( Full Metal Panic )
Female Ranma ( Ranma 1/2 )

Sad to say that no one recognized my cosplay last year, but it was to be expected.  I was Chichi from Dragonball Z.  Although, I was in her outfit when she fought in the martial arts tournament, so blah.  I have also went as Tifa from FF 7 Advent Children, and Sango from Inu-Yasha.  Oh, I'll be cosplaying with a friend of mine when I'm Shana. I'll be the black haired one, and my friend will be Shana when her hair is red. :D

Yeah, guess you'll be making sure to keep me in line if I'm picking Sosuke for the day. :P xD

Mikuko

Yay!  Lina Inverse! I wanted my friend to go as Lina before so I could go as Amelia and annoy her like crazy.  ^_^  I can semi-imitate her.

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 24, 2007, 10:19:09 AM
Well continuing my older anime theme (honestly I do watch a lot of newer shows...just haven't found anyone I want to cosplay as) I'm probably going to do Lina Inverse from Slayers...cause she's my hero, and I can't think of any other chicks who get to wear a cape!

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: billgoku on January 24, 2008, 09:21:47 PM
Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 24, 2008, 07:42:05 PM

Then I'll be sure to work hard on getting something together, I haven't seen one done, so I think the guy needs the love, and I'd be happy to honor the greatest teacher of all time. xD

Awesome! I'll definitely be on the lookout for an Onizuka. xD I haven't seen a cosplay of him either, and I agree completely. More love to GTO!

Dragon Ninja

I'm thinking that I could also cosplay as L from Death Note. It wouldn't be too hard and expensive for me to get the stuuf I need.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

bearmoon

Ugh...my cosplay list is still kind of wonky. I can't figure out which cosplays to do for which convention. =__= However, this is my list at the moment :

Kurogane's Mother [Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLes]
Mitsuki [Yumekui Kenbun]
Saya [Black Cat]

And a secret cosplay I'll be surprising some of my friends with on Sunday. I just need to finish the first two and I'll be all prepared. I'm about half-way through with Mitsuki and Saya was made for AX 07 so she's all done, I just need to repaint some of her kimono details. MY secret cosplay is premiring at AOD 08 so it's already done as well. I'm excited over cosplays this year.

Finding Happiness Each Day

Cosplays 2011:
Cleo de Nile [Monster High]
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark

Druix

Bah. It's been a while since my last post, so things have changed. I think I'll probably end up posting every so often until Fanime actually happens, since I change my mind a lot. But anyway, here's the update;

~Sasuke Uchiha - Original Version: 100%, although I may end up getting/making a new shirt, and I am considering these neat leg things I saw on Ebay that even have the blue at the tops and bottoms, as opposed to just wearing gauze XP
~Sasuke Uchiha - Curse Seal 2: 50%, I have my Sasuke costume, but I need a different wig for this, plus the make up and, good lord, the wings XP Don't know if I'll be able to pull it off by May, but I REALLY hope so!
~Sai: 0%, Yay for totally not-even-started costumes! I don't know if I'll have it by Fanime, but if I do, I'll definately be wearing it.
~Haku: 80%, I just need a new wig and my mask. Yaaay! Actually, that's a lie; I might re-do the pants and belt, and I REALLY need a new sweater for underneath, but if I have to use the stuff I've got now, it'll be okay.
~Demyx - 90%, just need my sitar (which is technically not even crucial)
~Kairi - pink: 0%, This one I'm probably actually gonna make. Yay! And my keyblade, too![/li][/list]

I'm also going to start work on my Sakon, especially since I know a few Kibas and my friend just finished his Kankurou, Karasu and all, and so it'd be cool if I could get my Sakon together. On the offchance I DO finish it by May, I can guarantee I won't have Ukon this year because it'll be enough trying to make my wings, sitar, and keyblade, I don't want to try to harness anotherh ead to the back of my neck, too T.T So maybe '09...

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

KawaiiMess

Finally figured out who I wanted to go as. Yoruichi is out, simply because I got my hair cut and now it's far too short to cosplay as her.

I'll be going as Kagura from Gintama. If the weather is warm enough, I might attempt Nico Robin from One Piece, since my friend is going to do a Chopper cosplay.

If I get my hands on a decent purple wig (or use extensions) I can go as Shampoo from Ranma 1/2. Then I'd match my other friend, who's going to be Girl Ranma.

Actually, Lina Inverse is a possibility as well--that's just stuff out of my closet and a dye job. X3
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

HavicMichaelchris

totally changing my stuff around.

Working hard on it:

Seifer (FF version) Vest and jacket needed 45% done
Kyo (fruits basket)  only pants really 60% done
Pip (hellsing)    Jacket/patches/pins/Wig :/ 65% done
Kazu (air gear) powder blue fabric dye 80% done

Possibly:
Luxord (KHII) Cloak 10% done
Icihgo (normal clothes/Bleach) shirt 30% done
Ed (FMA) alterations provided my friend still lets me use her costume and a wig possibly 60% done
L (death note) only if the others fall through. 98% done

over all lots of blond/orange hair characters.
Cosplays: L, Kyo, Pip, Ed, Luxord, And more listed elsewhere.

Dragon Ninja

So I've decide to add another character to cosplay as during Fanime, L from Death Note. I'll get clothes from my local Thrift Store and get a wig from eBay.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Runewitt

Why is it so hard to find a pair of overalls without paying $30+ online, plus shipping? MARIO SHOULDNT REQUIRE A 20 MILE BIKE RIDE!

Mario Mario cosplay : 33%

Kurumadani, Zennosuke (Bleach) 20%ish...
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

HavicMichaelchris

Quote from: Runewitt on January 30, 2008, 11:23:59 PM
Why is it so hard to find a pair of overalls without paying $30+ online, plus shipping? MARIO SHOULDNT REQUIRE A 20 MILE BIKE RIDE!

did you try goodwill?
Cosplays: L, Kyo, Pip, Ed, Luxord, And more listed elsewhere.

Runewitt

Quote from: HavicMichaelchris on January 31, 2008, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Runewitt on January 30, 2008, 11:23:59 PM

did you try goodwill?
yup. was there at 9:30, righ when they opened.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.