"I'd Like to Keep My Pants Please, Ma'am"

Started by PurePlummet, May 22, 2007, 11:09:06 PM

deepbluevibes

narutofan17

O_O I knew fangirls were crazy but man. I'm cosplaying as Jiraiya. All I have to say is:

GLOMP ME!

XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

narutofan17

Quote from: "K&K4ever"Perve.

in a good way :P
Thank you *bows*
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Chpal

lol someone stoles someone elses pants? lol thats pretty funny. This is my first convention and I didnt know anythingl like that could happen.  :shock: Im still excited as hell to go ^^ ONE MORE DAY!!!!!
Hiya^^ Navy Sailor here! Anime Lover but Convirgin^^

K&K4ever

Quote from: "narutofan17"
Quote from: "K&K4ever"Perve.

in a good way :P
Thank you *bows*

You're welcome *bows back*

PurePlummet

Quote from: "Mei"It'd be a miracle, indeed, seeing as we're both kind of lurkers and just starting to post. Perhaps if you find some transgender Dark Link with "Mei" on her badge (though you'd have to be very close to read it), feel free to say hi! However, I'm terribly shy, so I'm sorry for any bad first impressions.

Cool~ I'll keep an eye out for you, then :D If you see an L running up to you, don't run away!

Quote from: "daiphyer.com"So I cant hug you?

Haha, I don't mind giving/getting hugs at all :] Although I must admit being asked for a hug by a stranger is a bit...strange.

Anyway, I'm envious of all of you that can go tomorrow . I can't go until Sunday >.< I hope you all have tons of fun ^^
Cosplay Pics ---> +LimitlessEdge+

Mei

L! How cute ^_^ I won't run away, I have no problem with giving/receiving hugs.

LadyKaren

Anyone see the slides on the plazmas referancing to the thread?

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LadyKaren"Anyone see the slides on the plazmas referancing to the thread?

I have a pic. I'll upload when I get home.
epic progressive

vox

PurePlummet

Oooh. That's exciting~ I wish I could've been there to see it XD

What did it say? :o To be honest, I don't even know what the plazmas is >.<

Edit: Well, I'm back from Fanime. I neither was de-pantsed, nor did I see anyone get de-pantsed. I saw lots of people getting glomped, and "HUG ME" signs, though.

And I got a bunch of hugs, so that made me happy :3
Cosplay Pics ---> +LimitlessEdge+

TunaSalad

Ok, so I've been to several fanimes in the past .. and I don't think I've ever quite noticed the hugging stuff going on before.  Pardon me, but I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

I'll first make a disclaimer.  I have nothing against people asking for or giving hugs, this world needs more love...

But... a few things struck me as rather disturbing about this new culture of "hugging"..  

First, there is the random fangirl running and slamming into cosplayers... (thankfully, I didn't notice any guys running full speed at anyone) This doesn't seem like hugging to me, I believe there is a more appropriate word for it, tackling.  Now I haven't experience it for myself, but it didn't seem all that enjoyable for the target being tackled.

Another thing, I don't know if this happened a lot, but I saw random dudes sneak up a girl, 'hug' and walk away.  When I saw that, that creeped me out.  Who knows what thoughts went through the victim's mind...  To me, I wouldn't call that hugging either... I would call that copping a feel.  And that isn't cool either...  I mean if some creepy dude snuck up from behind and put his arms around me, I would deck him in the face... (shiver)

Anyways, like I said earlier, I think the people who actually interact with you on more than merely just a physical level are fine.

I don't know, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

K&K4ever

Well, let me put it this way,

on the last night of the con, I had to pry a fangirl off of a Bayman because she wanted his Komoguro (she left fingernail marks in his arm. :shock: )

Ekac

If I get glomped, it'd better be brilliant.

Like when I walked into the Dealers room on Monday, this guy said "Hey did you check this out" and I read it out loud... "GLOMP ME" [wham] x1, then [wham] x2. Now whoever thought that up really should've glomped whoever read it, it was well constructed. :P

K&K4ever

OK, but that can be considered asult because there are allot of people who do not like to be touched and could easily be injured.

Nightroad

Well, last year I did see an incedent involving the loss of pants, but they were volenteered off to help with someones quest...They were trying to find the owner of those pants and a black tennie shoe... I don't konw the whole story but thats the jist of it!!!
I LOVE a light glomp! If you see an Abel Nightroad GLOMP ME!!!!!!!!(please don't hurt me though!)
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

K&K4ever

Nightroad

Runewitt

Quote from: Nightroad on January 01, 2008, 01:34:06 PM
Well, last year I did see an incedent involving the loss of pants, but they were volenteered off to help with someones quest...They were trying to find the owner of those pants and a black tennie shoe... I don't konw the whole story but thats the jist of it!!!
I LOVE a light glomp! If you see an Abel Nightroad GLOMP ME!!!!!!!!(please don't hurt me though!)

i remeber that quest! that was monday morning, right?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Nightroad

Quote from: Runewitt on February 28, 2008, 09:36:11 PM
Quote from: Nightroad on January 01, 2008, 01:34:06 PM

i remeber that quest! that was monday morning, right?

Yep it was!!! Did you see it too?