Official Texas Hold'em Tournament

Started by Jyunishinsho, May 23, 2007, 07:20:50 PM

Jyunishinsho

Fanime Texas Hold'em

"Two tables, twelve individuals, one hundred and four cards, six thousand chips, six winners, one convention. What does this equal? Six thousand twenty five things."

*Oswald copyright King of Fighters and SNK

Sign-ups:
Sign-ups for the Texas Hold'em tournament will begin at around 7pm. We have a limited amount of players (24 players total) just so we can monitor everyone to ensure no cheating is involved.
Buy-ins are FREE. However, once you are eliminated, you cannot rebuy-in.
If we are to be over our capacity of players, a waiting list will be made, so if someone doesn't show up, the first person on the waiting list will take their place by the starting time. No exceptions.

Abstract:
Fanime Texas Hold'em has been done for the past couple years. This time, it will be a little more organized. The top six players will earn a prize!
At around 7pm, I will host Texas Hold'em workshops until the games begin, where non-players and beginners can learn the basics of gameplay.
At approximately 9pm, games will begin with the people that have signed up (table positions will be pre-determined), two large tables of twelve people each. Each player starts with $500 chips and no, it is NOT real money. Chip values will be determined at convention.
The beginning of the game will have blinds of $10 and $20. Every 30 minutes of gameplay, blinds will increase.

Blind rate (every 30 minutes)
Little blind-Big blind
10-20
15-30
20-40
25-50
50-100
75-150
100-200
150-300

After players are eliminated, they may leave or watch. After 6 people are eliminated from each table, all the remaining players will come together in one final table with the amount of chips they have. The six remaining players will earn prizes. Prizes will be presented at convention.

Time:
-Workshop:
Friday and Saturday night, 7pm to 9pm
-Tournament
Friday and Saturday night, 9pm to 2am

Where:
Tabletop Gaming room

Rules and Regulations:
-No exchange of money. Period. There is no buy-in.
-NO MONEY WILL BE INVOLVED
-No harassing of other players. This will be strictly enforced. If you disrupt gameplay, you will be removed.
-No cheating. If we catch you, uh-oh.
-Have fun! Cmon, that's why we play in the first place!

Contact me, Jyunishinsho/Oswald if you have any other questions.

heeroyuy135

I'm definately doing this Friday, although probably I won't be doing it Saturday...Karaoke Contest Finals are at 9...

I'm also very good at Hold'em, so if you need people to teach at the workshops I can help out.

abcbadcat

HOLY SHIT this is just what I wanted! I would say I could play decently so I won't need to go to the workshop. Where will this be at? I'll be there for sure one night and posisbly two.

Jyunishinsho

Ahahaha, this will take place in the Tabletop Gaming room. Where it'll be at will be shown at con.

abcbadcat

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Ahahaha, this will take place in the Tabletop Gaming room. Where it'll be at will be shown at con.

KK last question... when does regristration start? If you can just register me now for Friday. I'll be there.

Jyunishinsho

Er...I mentioned in my rather long writing that signups begin at 7pm. Tournament play begins at 9pm.

I'm not really going to take any pre-registration for it until the convention itself.

abcbadcat

Sorry... I haven't had much sleep. Finals have been this week and I've been doing projects non-stop.

KK thanks for the info and see you there!

Jyunishinsho

Bah, agreed, though finals finished Monday.

But because of work, lack of money, and so forth, a lot of things I planned will not occur this Fanime. There's always next year...

Ohsu

I didn't know Tizoc and Oswald were the same person...

Hopefully I can make it, since you showed me the As/Ks I'll have in my hand in that pic!

:oops:
俺の名を言ってみろ!

1Fireforge

I am definitely there, at least for Friday night.  That is, provided I get my last minute accessories and such done tonight =)

Let's go VOLTRON force!

abcbadcat

Damn it, I got fourth place at the final table.

Don't worry, I'll see you guys tomorrow night.

heeroyuy135

I wish I could make it, but I'm at Karaoke Contest Finals tonight

Frank7heT4nk

First, I would just like to point out that the poker set up was great and very enjoyable thanks to Jyunishinsho and Co.  

For all those that played in any of the poker events at Fanime this year, I am sure you remember me as the rude Asian guy, if any of you guys were offended in any way by my actions, I would like to apologize to you all for being such a jerk at the table.  

I should not have acted that way to begin with and I should not have brought my ego to the table.  If I offended anyone playing, in any way shape or form, I, again, would just like to say I am sorry and that I should not have acted in such an unsportsmanlike manner.

I'm sure I will be seeing many of you again next year, and If anyone wants any pointers on how to play, or if you want to know how to play, I would be more than eager to help you, feel free to ask me next Fanime.  See you next year.

Regards.

abcbadcat

Quote from: "Frank7heT4nk"First, I would just like to point out that the poker set up was great and very enjoyable thanks to Jyunishinsho and Co.  

For all those that played in any of the poker events at Fanime this year, I am sure you remember me as the rude Asian guy, if any of you guys were offended in any way by my actions, I would like to apologize to you all for being such a jerk at the table.  

I should not have acted that way to begin with and I should not have brought my ego to the table.  If I offended anyone playing, in any way shape or form, I, again, would just like to say I am sorry and that I should not have acted in such an unsportsmanlike manner.

I'm sure I will be seeing many of you again next year, and If anyone wants any pointers on how to play, or if you want to know how to play, I would be more than eager to help you, feel free to ask me next Fanime.  See you next year.

Regards.

Were you at the final table the first night?

Jelly Donut

Well now, if this is a mainstay for Fanimecon, I'm coming back next year.

Paul Who Ahh

Bump in hopes for more players at '08. The more the merrier!

abcbadcat

Ahhh yes! Texas Hold'em for '08. I will for SURE be there next year.

I dunno if anything can beat playing poker while sitting next to Hitsugaya.

As for prizes, I guess gift cards to like Jamba Juice or something would also work out.

Emerge

i was so pissed with myself that i didnt make it for the '07 tourney. note to self: no more classes on friday afternoons or caltraining after 5:00

i gotta try and make this for '08

NERDglasses

I'm soo up for this! My friends are gonna hate me for ditching them though.. ah well. ><;;

...and hopefully I won't be the only girl. o_o;;
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

hugmeimnerdy

I assuing I register in time, I'm totally down for this.

yum.