Picking up your badge.

Started by Mei, May 24, 2007, 09:10:09 PM

Mei

It's unlikely this thread will get a lot of replies as Fanime is only a few hours away, but hey, I want to hear about your experience while waiting ^^ Did you pick up your con package and spiffy badge today? What picture did you get on the badge? Do you like it? Tell me about the line! How long did it take? Who were you with? What did you do? Any interesting sightings?

I arrived at the convention center and lined up, alone, at 5:25. Much to my dismay, the line was incredibly long. I took a survey and selected a red gachapon capsule as my reward, and received a piece of chocolate (which melted in its wrapper in my hands, but it was still delicious). I was surrounded my tall guys, and everyone was with a friend. I felt kind of out of place. The two guys in front of me occasionally talked to me, and they were very friendly. Someone then tapped me behind the shoulder, and it was my friend from my Vietnamese school (I stopped going) who I haven't seen since last Fanime! Omg, squee and embrace XD She returned to her sister after a few minutes, but it was very, very nice to see her again. I can't wait until we can hang out tomorrow! Afterwards, nothing out of the ordinary struck at me, except there were these three guys singing and playing a keyboard ^^ They were very funny, and definitely made waiting in line more enjoyable. If I had money, I would have tipped. Then, it was a very long wait until it was finally my turn to get my badge. I was squealing and giggling the whole time XD The staff member handed me my badge while saying, "Here you go, Mei-chan." I was so surprised, as that's an actual nickname I get from my fan name that's my badge, Meigumii. I got out of the convention center at roughly 7:00.

I have a boy character on my badge. I'm a bit disappointed as I wanted a cute girl on it, hehe. I also noticed a typo:
"/commence operations
05.25.06 until 05.28.06" Teehee.

I'm sorry for the wall o' text ^^;

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Hehe.  Expect lines to be hell the first day all the way to about mid-day Friday.  And like a Fanime Party, it just don't stop. :P

Well course it does, when it closes. xD

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself already.  Enjoy the rest of the con!

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

Raydere

I thought I was gonna have to come back Friday because I didn't have my receipt, but my driver's license saved my ass.  :D

Also, picto-chatting in line for the win.

Oh, and does anyone have videos of those guys with the keyboard?
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Mei

I'm not going to see the line tomorrow! Hehe, I'll be charging into the con with a couple of friends right after school. We saw the line for last year's Saturday, though, and oh dear.

I don't have any videos of the keyboard guys. I did see some people recording them (I should've whipped out my phone, too, but I don't have a USB for it and my phone doesn't have internet) so hopefully something will turn up on YouTube soon.

I wish I had brought my DS along, but it was at home charging. I could've trained my Pokemon so much! lol

Yay for driver's licenses! I was able to get my stuff with my student ID. I apologized and explained that my passport is very outdated. The picture was taken about ten years ago. Eheh, I need to travel more.

The-O

Usually it's not that bad on Fridays, it's Saturdays that's hell...
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

FanFicGuru

Bring your receipt!!!

It will save your butt. Especially in a group.

If you've got no receipt or no ID...you're hosed. They're being pretty strict about it this year.

As long as you have your receipt you'll be good.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

laminatedbunny

if I go on saturday around 9am, how bad would the reg line be? About how long would I be waiting?

weirderraindrop

I loved mine...but I must ask if anyone else has not received theirs.  When my friend was going to get hers, they were able to pull it up but they could not find her badge... =(  Has anyone else had this problem?

Chocolate Lover

Quote from: "laminatedbunny"if I go on saturday around 9am, how bad would the reg line be? About how long would I be waiting?

saturdays are really bad. i would estimate up to 2 hours.