A couple questions (even though they're so LATE)

Started by Rapture7thHomunculi, May 24, 2007, 10:58:21 PM

Rapture7thHomunculi

Hiya~ I've been going to Fanime for years now (about the last...four, I think?), but I'm always a lurker on the boards, I'm rather shy. IRL and online to (Ironyyyyyyy).

So anyway. I have an extra ticket to PLAY! my friend was going to go with me but he decided to be an idiot and get grounded for the next month. I don't want the ticket to go to waste, because someone might not have been able to get a ticket for financial reasons or whatever. So yeah, if you're interested, comment. It's not a scam or anything, I really don't want to waste it.

This is a totally dorky, so deal with it, please~ but WHERE is the best place in Fanime to meet other fans? I live in the middle of nowhere, so I've been dying to talk to people about anime and find a video game fan as obsessed as I am. I'm not good at starting random conversations, which is why I wish random people would come up and talk to me. Then I could talk :) heh.

Anyway. It might not do me any good to post so late (damn school) but hey, I can hope, right?

Sincerely,
Rin
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

heeroyuy135

Go to the cosplay gatherings. Odds are you'll find fans that have similar interests with anime and video games.

Kanzake

Video Gamers .... go to the video game room (eletronic gaming room? i dont know XD) and card games is table top gaming. If you see a sephy around with a fan name of GodKanzake, im a gamer :D

and where you meet fans?.... fanime... everywhere? ^^;
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Rapture7thHomunculi

I'll go check that out, I'll probably be admiring all the outfits. It's so cool how much effor people put into it. It really shows how much they like anime~! Thanks!

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"Video Gamers .... go to the video game room (eletronic gaming room? i dont know XD) and card games is table top gaming. If you see a sephy around with a fan name of GodKanzake, im a gamer :D

If I see a Sephiroth ANYWHERE I'm going to try not to glomp him (unfortunately not everyone likes that). Hahaha, I always stop by the video game room, but I can never figure out what to say to people to start a conversation..

Kanzake

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"
Quote from: "Kanzake"Video Gamers .... go to the video game room (eletronic gaming room? i dont know XD) and card games is table top gaming. If you see a sephy around with a fan name of GodKanzake, im a gamer :D

If I see a Sephiroth ANYWHERE I'm going to try not to glomp him (unfortunately not everyone likes that). Hahaha, I always stop by the video game room, but I can never figure out what to say to people to start a conversation..

i must find a sticky note to say im 100% glompable by females (if you are one my bad? O.o;;;; )haha... fanboys scare me.... scary scary memory, if feel of glomping continues please ask first XD

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"
Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"

i must find a sticky note to say im 100% glompable by females (if you are one my bad? O.o;;;; )haha... fanboys scare me.... scary scary memory, if feel of glomping continues please ask first XD

Lol, yeah, I'm a girl don't worry! Fanboys are scarier then Fangirls! I don't care what anyone says!

I'll do a ninja glomp. The minute I see the sticky note I'll sneak a hug or something. Hehe. I'm a serious FF7 fan.

Kanzake

ill be around the VG game room i guess but i know people working at table top... i might bring my dorky yugioh cards for a tourny XD if you go in and ask people in there if they know a matt, use to be edo-kun maybe someone will know me

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"ill be around the VG game room i guess but i know people working at table top... i might bring my dorky yugioh cards for a tourny XD if you go in and ask people in there if they know a matt, use to be edo-kun maybe someone will know me

YGO tourny, wow. Talk about a flashback. I wasn't going to before, but now I'll stop by the table top area just to see one starts up. To bad I passed my cards onto my little brother.

Kanzake

im gonna lose bad XD but hey i dont care, its all about fun!

Fanime is a getaway from reality and life! :D

>.o i think the tourny is sat... and if i dont lose right away im either gonna have to forfiet or miss the FFVII Gathering >.o (psst you said ffvii fan, 3 PM Sat by the fountains theres a FFVII Gathering :) )

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"im gonna lose bad XD but hey i dont care, its all about fun!

Fanime is a getaway from reality and life! :D

>.o i think the tourny is sat... and if i dont lose right away im either gonna have to forfiet or miss the FFVII Gathering >.o (psst you said ffvii fan, 3 PM Sat by the fountains theres a FFVII Gathering :) )

Everything anime is a getaway, thank goodness.

Really?! I've never been to a gethering before....I'll remember to come. *Does the happy dance* maybe I might make some friends this year...That'd be nice.

Kanzake

maybe? you havent met friends? :O no thats not a good con experience!

i made a friend at con because i borrowed 5 dollars from him after like 10 minutes of knowing him and weve been awesome friends since :P if you wanna hang out with me and some of my friends i wouldnt mind, and psst dont look at PMs do you? how much is that extra PLAY ticket? o.o;

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"maybe? you havent met friends? :O no thats not a good con experience!

i made a friend at con because i borrowed 5 dollars from him after like 10 minutes of knowing him and weve been awesome friends since :P if you wanna hang out with me and some of my friends i wouldnt mind, and psst dont look at PMs do you? how much is that extra PLAY ticket? o.o;

Nope, never met a friend at Fanime. Like I said, I'm rather shy, I have no idea why, but I'm not very eloquent at first. When I start speaking to people, it takes me a while to get comfortable...

Oh! Sorry! I replied ^^;.

Kanzake

got aim or msn? i feel like im spamming the board cuz its just you and me responding XD

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

And another person interrupts the streak. xD

Gatherings = Good place to meet people. :P

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "Kanzake"got aim or msn? i feel like im spamming the board cuz its just you and me responding XD

Yup, AIM is eighthsinrapture, I'll get on in a minute..

Kanzake

HI OTHER PERSON XD

yea if you go to the cosplay section theres a giant list of gatherings and you can go to your favorite anime / VG gatherings and take piccys o.o

Rapture7thHomunculi

Quote from: "GaMeReVoLuTiOnX"And another person interrupts the streak. xD

Gatherings = Good place to meet people. :P

Lol, you interrupt nothing.

O.o I'm so out of the loop, I wouldn't know WHERE to find a gathering, although I've decided I'm going to the FF7 one. I actually like making friends, I'm just not good at it. That's all Dx

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Lol, you interrupt nothing.

O.o I'm so out of the loop, I wouldn't know WHERE to find a gathering, although I've decided I'm going to the FF7 one. I actually like making friends, I'm just not good at it. That's all Dx
All Gatherings: http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=4958

Find all the players/playettes at said location. xD

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

Kanzake

yay ill be at con in 11 hours? XD thats when i can check into my hotel room and drop everything off