How To Talk To Girls -- It's still happening!

Started by The_Jane, May 26, 2007, 10:13:32 AM

JTchinoy

Obviously they don't work, but they're amusing.  :D  I already stated in a previous post I don't believe in pick up lines.

What would people do if "lame ass" pick up lines were suggested in said panel? Would you tell the speaker to STFU because they're "lame ass"?  Serious question.  ???  I seriously know for a fact pick up lines were previously suggested in said panel in a previous year, my friend that was supervising said panel was even asked by a listener to attempt said "lame ass" pick up line.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kava

^-^ That is actually a valid question that applies to the panel. Spamming the thread with said pickup lines is not valid to the panel.

Please note, I'm a moderator for this forum, I'm not one of the people who host this panel. ^-^ I'd just like you to keep your posts valid to the panel topic, please.

Thank you!
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

JTchinoy

It's called a preview of what's to come in the panel.  :P

so tell me, what would you do if said hypothetical situation arose? :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on March 20, 2008, 03:38:07 PM
Seriously Im going to agree with Jun, Stop the lame ass pick up lines. it isnt getting you anywhere and NO GIRL IN ANY WAY would be impressed with stuff like that

Discuss only about how to work on the pannel plz

Well, I never said anything about them working or not. I thought it was pretty obvious they were just fooling around and the lameness was... well, intentional. Anyways, my point was to just ask people to stop spamming it.

Not that that matters now.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 20, 2008, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 20, 2008, 03:38:07 PM
Seriously Im going to agree with Jun, Stop the lame ass pick up lines. it isnt getting you anywhere and NO GIRL IN ANY WAY would be impressed with stuff like that

Discuss only about how to work on the pannel plz

Well, I never said anything about them working or not. I thought it was pretty obvious they were just fooling around and the lameness was... well, intentional. Anyways, my point was to just ask people to stop spamming it.

Not that that matters now.

Let's make like a fabric softener and...

j/k.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Stormfalcon

Anyone want to make bets as to how soon we start seeing the modhammer?
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

clawmaster

this has gone from a thread about the idea to people flinging poo at each other "no I am right!, no I AM RIGHT YOUR WRONG YOU LONLY PERSON!" *flings poo* yea i can already hear the banhammer from bungie coming towards this way.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kava on March 20, 2008, 10:01:42 PM
^-^ That is actually a valid question that applies to the panel. Spamming the thread with said pickup lines is not valid to the panel.

Please note, I'm a moderator for this forum, I'm not one of the people who host this panel. ^-^ I'd just like you to keep your posts valid to the panel topic, please.

Thank you!

you guys are a little late, kava already dropped by. hahahahaha.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Steve.Young

Can't we all just hold hands, sing, and hope for world peace together? Or is that a little too much to ask?

On another note, is this said panel going to be happening? I may drop by in between shifts.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Stormfalcon

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 21, 2008, 12:35:19 PM
Quote from: Kava on March 20, 2008, 10:01:42 PM

Thank you!

you guys are a little late, kava already dropped by. hahahahaha.

Yes, she already dropped by, and if things continue as they are, she or another mod will drop by again, modhammer swinging most likely.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

JTchinoy

They dropped the modhammer on my copy+paste ability.  It's effectively neutralized.  :'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jane_HTGPanel

Damn people.

Hijacking and flaming have ensued since last I popped on here!

Yes, the panel 3 years ago we briefly mentioned pick up lines as someone asked us if there truly WAS such thing as a pick up line that worked. And guess what? it's true. We said "if you're doing it IN JEST, and it's OBVIOUSLY a joke to break the ice, and you quickly move on from there to be like "but, seriously... hi" it can work out. But the delivery is hard, gotta be super confident and funny to pull it off. But yeah we briefly amused ourselves with what lame pick up lines people have heard.

Doesn't hurt to go over the ABSOLUTELY WORST OF THE WORST approaches, just in case.

Anyhow. To answer one of your questions: YES, there will be a How to Talk to Girls panel this year, and it will be a fun little diversion from the typical panel antics of Fanime. It'll still be funny, but it's going to be a bit more advice focused and structured this year...just a little.

Hope to see you all there!

Jane

P.S. to that one dude:  Actually. "It" (the panel, at least) DOES work. I was informed by the head of guest relations that he received multiple emails from guys that actually ended up meeting girls/ got girlfriends at/from the con by employing our tips on approaching girls successfully. and I think that's absolutely awesome.  :D

norcalduy

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jane_HTGPanel on March 23, 2008, 08:55:13 AM

P.S. to that one dude:  Actually. "It" (the panel, at least) DOES work. I was informed by the head of guest relations that he received multiple emails from guys that actually ended up meeting girls/ got girlfriends at/from the con by employing our tips on approaching girls successfully. and I think that's absolutely awesome.  :D

WAT?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Ninj4

Damn people.

Hijacking and flaming have ensued since last I popped on here!

Yes, the panel 3 years ago we briefly mentioned pick up lines as someone asked us if there truly WAS such thing as a pick up line that worked. And guess what? it's true. We said "if you're doing it IN JEST, and it's OBVIOUSLY a joke to break the ice, and you quickly move on from there to be like "but, seriously... hi" it can work out. But the delivery is hard, gotta be super confident and funny to pull it off. But yeah we briefly amused ourselves with what lame pick up lines people have heard.

Doesn't hurt to go over the ABSOLUTELY WORST OF THE WORST approaches, just in case.

Anyhow. To answer one of your questions: YES, there will be a How to Talk to Girls panel this year, and it will be a fun little diversion from the typical panel antics of Fanime. It'll still be funny, but it's going to be a bit more advice focused and structured this year...just a little.

Hope to see you all there!

Jane

I've always wondered what the panels had to offer, and I've always peeked my head once or twice.  But perhaps I'll set aside some time to sit down and see what really goes on... maybe offer a word or two of advice, if they don't mind me contributing.

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

JohnnyAR

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 23, 2008, 11:40:09 PM

WAT?

rly?! Mabye I'll try out the panel this year.

Jane_HTGPanel

Yep. No joke.

and Ninja-sama:  We LOVE any advice audience members wanna throw out there for the guys!
We might not agree with some of it or all of it and say so, but we're all about the audience starting up topics. !!!

Can't wait! ;D

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jane_HTGPanel on March 25, 2008, 08:20:37 AM
Yep. No joke.

and Ninja-sama:  We LOVE any advice audience members wanna throw out there for the guys!
We might not agree with some of it or all of it and say so, but we're all about the audience starting up topics. !!!

Can't wait! ;D
For guys who aren't exactly winners in the looks department... do you think they would have more luck with girls with more athletic builds or girls with a more feminine (typical hour glass type) shape?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Magedark

While this idea seems quite humorous, it could be quite practical. I too want to know when this is.