How To Talk To Girls -- It's still happening!

Started by The_Jane, May 26, 2007, 10:13:32 AM

clawmaster

yea better leave it to the girls to teach us men. otherwise us guys we think we are right and do something completely foolish and perverted. not to say i am guilty of any of that (yes i am, cuz i r stupid sometimes XP) but yea.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

NSC

i always wanted to go to the how to talk to girls one just to see what it's like. but i hope they have a how to talk to guys one to. i missed it before. i need advice and help.

hugmeimnerdy

Guy should host this because Girls are waaay too conditional when asked for advice.
Take it from me personally, it's easier to get help from guys.
I probably won't be attending this, I'll just be talking to girls.

yum.

quantbits

I remember this panel when I attended 3-4 years back...
Some good laughs for the midnight panel ;D

In retrospect, this really does teach teens good tips on how to deal with people in general =P)

Jehuty

How do these usually go, I've never been...they look pretty fun...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

DemonLordZabuza

I saw the line of people attending those and I laughed. 

My first tip for guys attending fanime on how to talk to girls:
-what happens in anime is not real.

Thats all

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

clawmaster

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 10, 2008, 11:48:29 PM

Thats all

yea tru but isnt there a lesson to be learned in some anime's like how to treat a girl properly? and friendship?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: clawmaster on March 11, 2008, 06:53:28 AM
Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 10, 2008, 11:48:29 PM

Thats all

yea tru but isnt there a lesson to be learned in some anime's like how to treat a girl properly? and friendship?

Sort of, but the romantic logic in cartoons aren't always realistic, and don't necessarily work in real life. Most of them are parodies of real life, and the people who score are supposed to be lucky. Following it would more likely get you dubbed as a freak or in a "you're like a brother to me" position.

He's not really in the position to give advice about talking to women, however.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

clawmaster

ah ok. I do have a question though and I should wait for the panel but just out of curiosity is being nice a bad thing? i mean like all the time or uhhh most of the time?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: clawmaster on March 11, 2008, 03:16:39 PM
ah ok. I do have a question though and I should wait for the panel but just out of curiosity is being nice a bad thing? i mean like all the time or uhhh most of the time?

Of course. If there's no reason to do otherwise, then you should always be nice to people. This is common courtesy. However, it's not always a good thing to always cater to other people's needs. Girls generally want someone that will be nice to them and treat them with respect, but they also want a boy that is mentally prepared to take them into their responsibilities and provide the right things for them while still being a boyfriendly figure for them.

From what it looks like, though, girls don't always go for the nice guys because the majority of the time, they're pretty boring and/or spineless, but the ultimate reason is because they want something real. A nice guy is generally fake, despite nice being a good thing, it's impossible to have a nice front without faking it at times, which makes it less than honest. Honesty and being yourself is real, and it's only then when a person is showing who they truly are, rather than to impress the people that should love and accept them for who they are.

On the other hand, some girls like to be catered to and pampered to the extent they want their boys to act and impress them by doing things they want and approve of. But with that sort of relationship, it isn't completely honest, let alone real. A good majority would deny this, but I'm sure you understand where I'm getting at. It's not that girls like dating assholes, since... who wants to love someone who'll treat you improperly and disrespect you? (With the exception of certain masochists, I assume.) As a girl of a supposed asshole (and he is XD) I hate it when "nice guys" get butthurt over, "Why do all the girls like assholes!? I'm super nice to them and give them everything they want!" instead of contemplating the qualities they might lack. And most likely, they'd probably lack experience in understanding a relationship and what actual companionship entails. This is okay for girls with less experience, from what I know, at least.

I guess it comes down to, always strive to improve yourself, be yourself, be a good person, and learn to understand others. With that, you'd probably have the foundation and means to provide for someone else, especially someone that you love and will have love you in return.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

clawmaster

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 11, 2008, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: clawmaster on March 11, 2008, 03:16:39 PM

Of course. If there's no reason to do otherwise, then you should always be nice to people. This is common courtesy. However, it's not always a good thing to always cater to other people's needs. Girls generally want someone that will be nice to them and treat them with respect, but they also want a boy that is mentally prepared to take them into their responsibilities and provide the right things for them while still being a boyfriendly figure for them.

From what it looks like, though, girls don't always go for the nice guys because the majority of the time, they're pretty boring and/or spineless, but the ultimate reason is because they want something real. A nice guy is generally fake, despite nice being a good thing, it's impossible to have a nice front without faking it at times, which makes it less than honest. Honesty and being yourself is real, and it's only then when a person is showing who they truly are, rather than to impress the people that should love and accept them for who they are.

On the other hand, some girls like to be catered to and pampered to the extent they want their boys to act and impress them by doing things they want and approve of. But with that sort of relationship, it isn't completely honest, let alone real. A good majority would deny this, but I'm sure you understand where I'm getting at. It's not that girls like dating assholes, since... who wants to love someone who'll treat you improperly and disrespect you? (With the exception of certain masochists, I assume.) As a girl of a supposed asshole (and he is XD) I hate it when "nice guys" get butthurt over, "Why do all the girls like assholes!? I'm super nice to them and give them everything they want!" instead of contemplating the qualities they might lack. And most likely, they'd probably lack experience in understanding a relationship and what actual companionship entails. This is okay for girls with less experience, from what I know, at least.

I guess it comes down to, always strive to improve yourself, be yourself, be a good person, and learn to understand others. With that, you'd probably have the foundation and means to provide for someone else, especially someone that you love and will have love you in return.
as quoated from Ron Burgedy from Anchor man, " you are a wise one" XD

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 14, 2007, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 14, 2007, 02:12:21 PM
Quote from: Steve.Young on November 14, 2007, 10:51:11 AM
Guys, I must say. We need a how to talk to guys panel.

Your kidding right? I mean do girls actually have a hard time talking to a guy? Hmmm..........................................

Somehow I don't believe "Steve Young" is a girl.

LOL
Dance Staff Second

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

clawmaster

i know its just from one point of view of what I just asked but it makes me wonder now. no i am not going to pour my whole lifestory so people would feel sorry for me. but reading your reponse...maybe i do need to be at this panel and sneak away from my friends (if they found out i am going to this panel they would never let it down). yea I am wondering how many other guys will be there since i am guessing most of us are arrgont about it and say "I know how to talk to girls."

PyronIkari

Quote from: clawmaster on March 11, 2008, 05:03:23 PM
i know its just from one point of view of what I just asked but it makes me wonder now. no i am not going to pour my whole lifestory so people would feel sorry for me. but reading your reponse...maybe i do need to be at this panel and sneak away from my friends (if they found out i am going to this panel they would never let it down). yea I am wondering how many other guys will be there since i am guessing most of us are arrgont about it and say "I know how to talk to girls."

Uhm... if you're actually looking for advice for relationships, the panel probably isn't the best place to go. Not to talk badly about the people who run the panel, but the panel generally isn't for "relationships" more about approaching women, as in strangers and creating an atmosphere where the girl doesn't feel disgusted and to walk off. Frankly, there's millions of ways to do things, but in general, as I have said, is having a POSITION of your own, and the CONFIDENCE to stand your ground. In other words, doing things because you want to, and being your own person. In general that's the only advice that makes sense and works in every situation.

Jun-Watarase

Heh heh. Even Pyron-chan had to put up with a bit of a fight approaching me in a sense.

-Shrugs.- But in the end, succeeded.

FanimaidCafe.com

clawmaster

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 11, 2008, 05:22:56 PM
Quote from: clawmaster on March 11, 2008, 05:03:23 PM

Uhm... if you're actually looking for advice for relationships, the panel probably isn't the best place to go. Not to talk badly about the people who run the panel, but the panel generally isn't for "relationships" more about approaching women, as in strangers and creating an atmosphere where the girl doesn't feel disgusted and to walk off. Frankly, there's millions of ways to do things, but in general, as I have said, is having a POSITION of your own, and the CONFIDENCE to stand your ground. In other words, doing things because you want to, and being your own person. In general that's the only advice that makes sense and works in every situation.

what u said does sound true but kinda of the other posts she made too. I am only using my own exp with life so far and I rather not talk about it here on the forums since this is more for discussing about how this panel will turn out and how it will be runed. so I pm both of u about it. thx for the advice though.

havok rt

I don't really have a problem talking to girls it finding girls to talk to that I'm interested in. So find some cute girls who wanta go out on a date and I'm there!
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

PyronIkari

Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 11:18:03 PM
I don't really have a problem talking to girls it finding girls to talk to that I'm interested in. So find some cute girls who wanta go out on a date and I'm there!

I find this sorta funny. Finding cute girls isn't a problem. Making them want to go out on a date with you... comes from the you talking to them part.

So somewhere in your statement, there is a lie or a falacy. ^^

kimono_hime

(speaking from experience) Geek girls find geek guys attractive. We like the things you like, and we've likely been snubbed by the cool guys so we know what that's like. I got asked out by nerds in high school, but I wasn't a nerd, so I sought out costume/cosplay/theater geeks and found some really nice ones. My sweetie is an anime geek who isn't into costuming, but that's okay. We still have many similar interests, and I remember being happy when I met him because so many guys don't get anime. With him I could be myself.

Self esteem is really important. If you don't have it, we can sense it and will avoid you like the plague. If you have too much, we'll run the other direction. Just be comfortable with yourself and be open to meeting new people.