The 2007 Post-Con Depression Thread!

Started by Spiritsnare, May 28, 2007, 01:22:12 AM

FinalShadows

When I got to my apartment after the 6 hr trip back home... I felt different. It wasn't same like finding all of the fanime around you anymore. Now I just sit here alone in my apartment, feeling sad that fanime 2007 is over. I don't know who I met at fanime, but whoever they are, they will always be here in my head...

So depressing... cant wait for fanime 2008.
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Logik

Eh....

I dunno, it felt low-key this year. Part of it was from the con itself, part of it wasn't. Either way, I'm not too sad about Fanime being done this year, but rather the chance of seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. I suppose if anything, I left satisfied. After all, I viewed this more  of a time for me to unwind rather than an escape from reality. I've done too much escaping as it is. :?
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

Zin The Heartless

*emoemoemoemoemo*

._. I can't believe it's over ._. And I missed the AMV Finalist awards so I have no clue if I won or nooooooooooot T-T

My feet hurt, I got no sleep, I can barely keep my eyes open... *flail*
Heartless
It's like I'm lost... But nobody wants to find me.

FinalShadows

Quote from: "Zin The Heartless"*emoemoemoemoemo*

._. I can't believe it's over ._. And I missed the AMV Finalist awards so I have no clue if I won or nooooooooooot T-T

My feet hurt, I got no sleep, I can barely keep my eyes open... *flail*

*closes zin's eyes*

alright time to sleep zin... you got another year ahead of you.

Ekac

Zin needs to hibernate. Eats lots of ramen.

kuroi

Oh man...next time I say I'm doing cosplays with long sleeves in weather like this, stop me. PLEASE. I spent far too much time running around in either three layers or long thick sleeved outfits.

Even though the trek back to my car was depressing enough with trying to keep all my costumes and my prom dress from trailing on the ground, I really wanted Fanime to last another week.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

Zin The Heartless

Quote from: "Ekac"Zin needs to hibernate. Eats lots of ramen.
That actually sounds like I good idea... I think I should be awake by October...

I wonder if I hugged any of you guys XD *is now officially known as 'Top hat hug girl'*
Heartless
It's like I'm lost... But nobody wants to find me.

Mei

I feel for you, kuroi. My costume also required a long sleeve, and some sweatpants. The car ride to the convention center wasn't fun at all, especially since my costume had a lot of black.

Despite my somewhat event-less Sunday and Monday, I'm really starting to miss Fanime. So much that I'm stalking and posting in the forums like crazy.

Ekac

Quote from: "Zin The Heartless"
Quote from: "Ekac"Zin needs to hibernate. Eats lots of ramen.
That actually sounds like I good idea... I think I should be awake by October...

I wonder if I hugged any of you guys XD *is now officially known as 'Top hat hug girl'*

If you hugged a dude in a gray dickies overshirt with a red shirt underneath, you got me. :/

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Depression moments:

- My wiimote cosplay nearly destroyed!
- Bumps and bruises on my head.
- Not being able to get to most of the places.
- Not buying much.
- Lack of sleep.
- Missin out on the masquerade.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Ekac

Quote from: "xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)"Depression moments:

Omg. I have a picture of you.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Ekac"
Quote from: "xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)"Depression moments:

Omg. I have a picture of you.

I have a movie of that cosplay. It's not you inside, though.
epic progressive

vox

FinalShadows

I saw that. It was pretty amazing, especially with the games that followed the DDR one.

Sucrose

Having to leave Fanime and come back to UCSC and do homework and junk for three more weeks? Blegh. Major depressioso. I'd love to be able to be out of school for a con at some point so I don't have that rush of real-world gotta-get-stuff-done right after coming back.
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Ekac

chanocular

Im getting depressed replying to this topic. :cry:

But yeah, this year's fanime compared to the last two (05' and 06') was kinda blah...however seeing fanime people again and hanging out with friends made it the best fanime ever.  :D

o btw...WiiMote guy, you are genius =)

billgoku

We stayed in the convention center till about 8:30, we didn't want to leave, and we never will forget the time we had this year. It was my second Fanime in a row, and I pray to god that time flies by so fast, next Fanime comes around quickly. Sitting here in my apartment makes me feel incomplete, those rooms were so nice and even though it was a ton of walking, I enjoyed every second of my time there.

Thank you to everyone who I met, who glomped me while I did my first Bagman cosplay with the real Bagman and who actually knew me as Sosuke Sagara, and thanks to everyone who put together Fanime Con this year, it was a blast.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Sheesh.  Cursed topic name.

Seeing all my friends back here from out of state and seeing em go sucks horribly.  :(

Feels so short though...

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

narutofan17

What depresses me the most is I didn't get to meet new people. I'm really shy (in the beginning) so I didn't really have the courage to talk or really interact with people. I tried the best I could. Maybe I'll just have keep talkin to you guys here on the forum and maybe we could meet up in the next con. That way I'll know you before I even get there. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Stormfalcon

Yeah, the post-con depression's starting to set in with me now, especially since I finished working with my pics from this year and can't use that as the basis for putting it off.  Lots of good memories this year, and a few regrets (like not being able to run into a particular cosplayer on Monday and perhaps actually chat her up :( ).

Ah, the long wait until next year's Fanime...
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com