The 2007 Post-Con Depression Thread!

Started by Spiritsnare, May 28, 2007, 01:22:12 AM

mDuo13

Last year I got hit a lot harder than this year.

I've been sorting through my haul and whatnot, so I'm doing alright, but I think as soon as I have to sit down and go back to job applications and stuff then it'll hit bad.

The $6 Saber pencilboard (the large kind) that I got on Sunday is keeping me cheered up because I put it on the empty space right by computer so it's in my peripheral vision all the time.

hugmeimnerdy

Fanime has been the happiest day of my life.  Now all myother days seem sucky by comparsion.  I'm really sad I didn't go to the dance though.

yum.

Deathmage129

Yea, the depression sucks

One thing that's been kicking me is that I didn't ask for the contact info of a really awesome cosplayer I met, or ask her to the ball.

T_T

hugmeimnerdy

What's the ball about?
I had a list of cosplayers I wanted to hug, but never got around to. :cry:

yum.

Emerge

i feel really bad. i felt like i haven't done enough through the weekend. for the 3rd year running, i felt as if too much time/money was wasted in the arcade (though i did enjoy doing the robot on the para para paradise machine and having some damn sweet puzzle fighter matches, not to mention the mere presence of MBAC and GGXX/\C).

i wanted to hit the dealers room more often to buy stuff, but being the apprehensive buyer i am, i ended up only buying a bunch of manga, a poster, and a Matou Sakura model.

i also wanted to sit through a marathon, but i ended up seeing the last half of Magikano.

oh well, the H-room was full of laughs, as usual. till the break-o-dawn, baby. haha.

in short, there were things that were sweet, but i felt as if there was more that wasn't this time around. till next year, fanime. till next year...

nati21

this was my first con and i LOVED IT and now itss over... *sniffles* Despite the wonderful Jpop and classics (backstreet boys xD ) we played in the car on the way home i couldn't stop thinking about how i was going home to homework and school and teachers... and testttssss...  :cry:  
only thing keeping me going was my NUMEROUS purchases... namely my PANDA HATTT :D

(between u and me i spent the bus ride to school hugging it to avoid after-con blues and b4-test double blues ^.- )

Deathmage129

Well the ball thing was some thing the went on, don't remember clearly as I never really stayed in one spot long enough to find out what was going on until we needed to rest.

But yea, I wish I had introduced myself and got her contact information.

K&K4ever

:cry: I need a hug :cry: It's over :cry:
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

nati21

Quote from: "K&K4ever" :cry: I need a hug :cry: It's over :cry:

*HUGS HUGS HUGS*

K&K4ever

heeroyuy135

K&K4ever

heeroyuy135

K&K4ever

does anyone else feel board in school?

besides me

Sidekick

I feel bored at work, that's kinda the same. xD

Well, this was my first con. And even though I only went for one day (even though I had a 3 day pass ><) I had a blast.  Some improvements I want to make on my experience for next year are: I wanna stay for at least 2 days, I want to cosplay, I want to meet new people.

K&K4ever

you should stay the entire weekend, definitely cosplay, and the meeting new people is easy if you go to the gatherings.  :D

Well, congrats, you are no longer a con virgin. :D

nati21

no one gave me hugss even tho i gave u hhugggs... thats not very fair  :cry:

Glitch

For me the con went by way to fast. There so much I wanted to do. I still imagine groups of cosplayers walking over to McDonalds or jack in the box when ever I see groups of people crossing the streets.
There'll be other cons between now and fanime, but it's not the same. post con blues sure do suck. Eventually this will become the pre-con stress.

K&K4ever

Jelly Soup

I'm doing ok. After con, I can always count on my clients smiling faces to cheer me up. That and I have a new .hack OST to keep me company (and my clients love it too).

My roommate, however....this was her first con, so she's already missing it. I'm thinking about taking her to SacAnime.