E-Gaming/Arcades Suggestions-Feedback thread for 2008

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2007, 08:05:45 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Crazyness. I'm surprised I didn't get sick.

Before I begin, E-Gaming Department management would love to thank every staffer working with us for pulling off another good year and pulling through a number of unexpected hardships that occurred.

E-Gaming is aware of a number of things that went right and wrong. One thing fresh on my mind is tournaments: it was brought to my attention that a tournament exceeded a certain time limit I requested and we will try to avoid that in the future. Also, I think people noticed the somewhat smaller console area - because of last minute changes and equipment issues, we could not deploy everything we wanted and this disappointed us. Hopefully it will be resolved and our connections more, "dedicated."

Also, this is not a final decision, but a general policy we keep in E-Gaming: we cannot simply accept a loan of equipment from an outside source other than our staffers: it presents a liability risk that we nor FanimeCon cannot accept. We were asked during the convention about it and we did make exceptions, under the condition that the loaner watches the equipment themselves. Next year, a new procedure or policy will be made about it.

Last, but more importantly, we will be in dire need of new staffers to continue this, as a number of our veteran staff are retiring. More details will be posted as post-Con and FanimeCon '08 planning begins.

This thread will be for feedback for the next FanimeCon ('08) and will also now cover PC/Console gaming plus Arcades, because of the previous thread and the common confusion to put posts about arcades here. If the dept. head leader of Arcade would like to use a separate thread for feedback/suggestions, let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

We are also watching the main comments thread for additional information.

Alot of words this time around. /hmm

Let the suggestions and comment making begin! Keep it constructive and to the point - FanimeCon Board rules apply here too. E-Gaming will be listening and watching.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Ekac

You guys should aquire Initial D V4 next year. It comes out internationally in November, or December at the most.
If not, we could use a few more IDV3 machines, as well as more Air Hockey tables. Also, I was thinking maybe I could bring in my own PS2 and set up Urban Reign or some other fighting game. :)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Keep it to the point.

More IIDX. Preferably IIDX AC.
epic progressive

vox

Zerocide

Fighing game line up was nice.

Pop'n music was a big surprise. Wouldn't mind having it again.

DDR machines were good. Nice having one extreme and one SN rather then 3 extremes like last year.

The only big complaint I have is: Fix the machines when possible. Drummania snare anyone?

Beatmania III would be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice too. (IIDX AC kinda sucks unless monitor is good)

Nice Air Hockey

DDR freestyle was awesome

DanceManiax freestyle was awesome

More Curtain Shooters would be nice too

Nice line up this year over all.

The consol area was pretty good as well.
Check 1

magz

I have only a few things worthy of note:

1) Get MBAC Ver.B2 (Correction Edition)
2) There was something funky about the AC machine. It seems somewhat sluggish.
3) Towards Sunday/Monday, some of the buttons needed to be replaced (at least on GGAC/MBAC).
4) Stools! Those chairs we stole from tabletop gaming were horrid.
5) Everything was split way too far away from each other (console - pc - arcade - tabletop).
6) Fighting Game Tournaments

More to come later...

deepbluevibes

PyronIkari

asuka245

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Keep it to the point.

More IIDX. Preferably IIDX AC.

well what IIDX styles.... Do u want to see for next year?
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

asuka245

I do Agree and i am shocked I did not sick either on all the hours i worked for the convention!
E-gaming--2006-2007

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

The chances will improve, however, if GOLD does make its way to the US. But even that's starting to look like a pipe dream.

Regarding PS2 IIDX releases: If possible, attempt to have most if not all of the newer styles (that's anything 9th Style and beyond); DistorteD and maybe GOLD CS will be out by then, so try to acquire those.
epic progressive

vox

asuka245

Quote from: Spiritsnare

The chances will improve, however, if GOLD does make its way to the US. But even that's starting to look like a pipe dream.

Regarding PS2 IIDX releases: If possible, attempt to have most if not all of the newer styles (that's anything 9th Style and beyond); DistorteD and maybe GOLD CS will be out by then, so try to acquire those.

Well i brought for Ps2 was 4th,9th and 10th style and then happy sky's was there to and i plan to bring 13th style to fanime next year or ever 14th if it is out by fanime!
E-gaming--2006-2007

AmazingKenchan

For arcades next year:

I am buying that Pop'n Music cabinet.  I'm trying to convince On Campus Entertainment to bring out their Pop'n 10 and upgrade it though, so we might see FEVER next year.

IIDX won't be there, sorry :/ on-campus I don't believe has a IIDX machine and one of the con-ops heads told me very rudely that they won't be getting machines from golfland again so there's little or no chance of that.

on-campus is definitely gettin' Initial D Ver.4, so don't worry, it should be there next year :D

Eric, about beatmaniaIII that's probably your deal since you play on that machine, I already told them not to get rid of it so I think as long as they know you want it at con it could be arranged.

Curtain Shooters, if on-campus will provide me cabinets, I can provide games.  By then I should have a Mushihimesama (and Futari), Ikaruga, Espgaluda and a few others at my disposal.  Also got stuff like Radiant Silvergun, Twinkle Star Sprites, Terra Diver...so yeah, I'll do some talking with them for next year.

Console gaming, I'm definitely staffing next year so I can bring consoles and games, and at least the newest CS IIDX.  I've got like 5 controllers too so lol, also can bring my Pop'n ASC and maybe my Pop'n FEVER supergun.  Let me know what you guys want, I can find staffers that have what you're looking for.

As for E-gaming staff, I'd be interested in switching over from logistics, I want to try different departments because I'm planning on starting up a con in Reno.  As for the arcade side, I'm an experienced tech, I know how the things work and am in contact with on-campus.  Let me know if you'd be interested in having me on board; It's hard for me to make meetings because I'm 4 hours away, but I'd love to do it :D

Mad props for those DDR pads.  I think everyone here owes On Campus a big round of applause for the condition of their games!
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "asuka245"Well i brought for Ps2 was 4th,9th and 10th style and then happy sky's was there to and i plan to bring 13th style to fanime next year or ever 14th if it is out by fanime!

Ah, so you're that person I talked to. Remember the Asian guy with the glasses on what I think was Saturday night, near midnight, requesting 10th? That was me.

Oh, and Happy Sky was there? Damn!
epic progressive

vox

asuka245

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "asuka245"Well i brought for Ps2 was 4th,9th and 10th style and then happy sky's was there to and i plan to bring 13th style to fanime next year or ever 14th if it is out by fanime!

Ah, so you're that person I talked to. Remember the Asian guy with the glasses on what I think was Saturday night, near midnight, requesting 10th? That was me.

Oh, and Happy Sky was there? Damn!

well i will have 13th style next year and 14th if it is out by then!
E-gaming--2006-2007

Zerocide

Quoted for truth

Quote from: AmazingKenchanFor arcades next year:

I am buying that Pop'n Music cabinet.  I'm trying to convince On Campus Entertainment to bring out their Pop'n 10 and upgrade it though, so we might see FEVER next year.

IIDX won't be there, sorry :/ on-campus I don't believe has a IIDX machine and one of the con-ops heads told me very rudely that they won't be getting machines from golfland again so there's little or no chance of that.

I've heard that On Campus actually does have a IIDX machine. It's just sitting in storage right now because apparently it doesn't sell (which doesn't surprise me)

Are you planning on buying the pop'n 10 machine from them or are you just trying to convince them to upgrade?

Oh and I greatly appreciate your work and such especially at SVGL (and the plush you let me swag)
Check 1

AmazingKenchan

Quote from: "Zerocide"I've heard that On Campus actually does have a IIDX machine. It's just sitting in storage right now because apparently it doesn't sell (which doesn't surprise me)

Are you planning on buying the pop'n 10 machine from them or are you just trying to convince them to upgrade?

Oh and I greatly appreciate your work and such especially at SVGL (and the plush you let me swag)
I'm trying to buy their Animelo 2 because I have an upgrade for that style cabinet, and trying to sell them an upgrade for Carnival for their 10th machine.  I'd actually be interested in doing a direct trade for 10th because I'd like to have every version for that hardware; I've already got 11 thru 14.  Do you know the version of that IIDX cab?  I'm beginning to remember they had it, and mentioned something along the lines of being upset that they didn't have an I/O board and were having massive headaches trying to upgrade it.

x_x I didn't do much for SVGL, but your welcome anyway xD
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Raydere

As much as I enjoy playing Pop'n, I didn't like Animelo 2 because of the lack of Hi-Speed, which means unless you can read squishy notes it's unplayable on harder songs.

Para Para Paradise was quite popular this year and I'm hoping they add a Para Para Dancing machine to the arsenal next year, mostly because it has 8 sensors so you can play facing to the side or away from the screen.

WMMT2 4-player was also nice. (The 1P machine had discounted continues--wth?!) Hoping to see WMMT3 4-player next year. My one complaint (though it can't be controlled) is that some of the people without cards challenged people who had full-tuned (810-815hp) cards.

I'd also like to see Mario Kart Arcade GP, preferbably with cards so we can build up collections of items to use in multiplayer races. (The carded machines don't seem likely though; I'm unsure if there's even any MKAGP machines in the U.S. that have cards. Stupid BaNamco and Nintendo.)
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

AmazingKenchan

Well if they sell that cab, they'll have another lined up, and will probably be picking up one of my FEVER upgrades.  We'll have something good next year, if I have to bring a cab myself.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head