E-Gaming/Arcades Suggestions-Feedback thread for 2008

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2007, 08:05:45 PM

Tetsuo9999

I was more concerned with the lack of TVs with composite/AV cables more than anything else, really. Having a bunch of classic systems hooked up is always a pleasant thing (and I certainly enjoyed it), but it was really difficult to find a working TV to use when such a large portion of them are being used for Brawl. I know this is mostly out of the staff's control, but perhaps I (or others) could bring some RF adapters if new TVs aren't a possibility.

mDuo13

Arcade:
- Japanese-style (or at least fully-functional) sticks on the fighting game cabs
- $1.25 for SuperNova2 was an awkward price. If it weren't for Mordyan, I'd've put $1 into the machine and then been stuck without any more quarters.
-Nice selection of games, though. Especially air hockey.

Console Gaming: The only thing I played was Rock Band. Next time, make sure the TV has good speakers before hooking up that game - it was nigh impossible to hear at max volume.

AmazingKenchan

I'll take the speakers thing into account.  Sticks I already know we need more.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Tetsuo9999

More TVs with composite cables are a must, as it was really difficult to find a TV to use past noon since most of the vacant ones were only that way because newer consoles didn't work on them.

If the budget is preventing new TV's from being used, then perhaps RF adapters is a cheaper solution.

AmazingKenchan

Budget does seem to be the problem, and the one good composite TV I brought got busted.  It's way too much to ask of the staff to bring their own TVs.  I went out on a limb this year and kinda busted the inside of my car doing so, I can't do it again.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Zero_Kirby

ccgenerals

E-Gaming Staff '08

Tetsuo9999

Quote from: Zero_Kirby on May 29, 2008, 12:01:18 AM
There is too many BRAWL......

Yeah, exactly. It didn't help that everyone would swarm for the composite TV's for Brawl, leaving everyone else who wanted to play another game in the dust.

Worst case scenario, we could probably get a dozen RF adapters and make all the current TV's usable with newer consoles.

Tetsuo9999

Quote from: ccgenerals on May 29, 2008, 03:42:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone would say this

Believe me, it certainly got on my nerves, but I knew that no one was doing it on purpose. I'm hoping that the hype will die down by this time last year, as I wasted a lot of time just circling around waiting for a TV.

AmazingKenchan

I was a bit sad that I brought 30-40 VC games and didn't get to use them at all because of Brawl.  I have on the list to bring more Wiis next year, so expect other games besides.  I was kinda hoping people would want to play some Mario Kart, but ah well ):
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Tetsuo9999

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 29, 2008, 11:54:11 AM
I was a bit sad that I brought 30-40 VC games and didn't get to use them at all because of Brawl.  I have on the list to bring more Wiis next year, so expect other games besides.  I was kinda hoping people would want to play some Mario Kart, but ah well ):

Well, the game's only 2 or 3 months old, so I'm hoping that it won't dominate things next year. Perhaps I'll bring my own two TV's next year and just use those.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

'Nevermind, I'm a idiot that needs coffee and can't read forums without it =P
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Reikon

We should just limit the amount of consoles that can be used for the same game.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

AmazingKenchan

I wouldn't mind so much brawl if we had more TVs and more consoles to be honest.  It helps alleviate big masses of people around a single console.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

LordKefka

Arcades were fuckin awesome this year. I'm glad I got my ass whooped so many times in MvC2. Really glad to see hardcore players show up. The only thing which I took back with me is this picture of the best I did this year... did I mention I got spanked 4 times in a row by an Omega Red/Jill/T. Bonne team?

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Reikon

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 29, 2008, 09:55:43 PM
I wouldn't mind so much brawl if we had more TVs and more consoles to be honest.  It helps alleviate big masses of people around a single console.

But that presents the problem of getting more TVs and consoles. More consoles is probably doable, but more TVs isn't that easy.
2008-09 E-gaming staff