Craziest thing at Fanime 2007!

Started by Touya no Miko, May 29, 2007, 12:20:24 AM

K&K4ever

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I find it weird that I had planned to get glomped at the con, yet I was the one who was doing all the glomping...

:? I hope you asked first.

I only glomped one person :D and that was Harly at Yaoi bingo night. :twisted: I got to take off his belt w/my teeth :twisted:
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

MasterAxel

The craziest thing that happened to me this year was a Xemnas was stalking me the girl with light sabers maybe it was becuase i was dressed as Axel who knows but i was like the only male Axel it was creepy

K&K4ever

usually there are very few men who can cosplay the Bishies really well.

:? Maybe that's why she was fallowing you.

MasterAxel

Maybe i dont know if i did it well i was the Axel walking around with a Sephiroth and Barret we called ourselves ABS

K&K4ever

Don't know about that :? , were you at the gathering?

MasterAxel

yes i was at the kh gathering

K&K4ever

Oh, I thought you ment Axle as in Axle Low. boy do I feel like a idiot. :oops:

MasterAxel

Lol i dont even know who Axle Low is i was Axel number 8 of organazation XIII

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "K&K4ever"
Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I find it weird that I had planned to get glomped at the con, yet I was the one who was doing all the glomping...

I only glomped people who had those "Glomp me!" signs...

K&K4ever

Raydere

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"

Seconded. Though it was more like hugging than glomping.

I'm not into hugging people if they don't want it. If they have a sign, or if I raise my arm to start hugging and they do the same, I'll do it.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: "G.S. LXVIII"
Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"

I'm not into hugging people if they don't want it. If they have a sign, or if I raise my arm to start hugging and they do the same, I'll do it.

By the way G.S. thanks for the photos of me playin DanceManiaX and ParaPara while I was on break from hostin n staffin Stage Zero lol!! I didn't know you took pics of me...
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

Glitch

A friend of mine hugged somebody who had a sign. I jokingly say "I'll attack from behind". The hugger turns around and hugs me with a tight grip. She basically crushes my neck. So I bear hug her off the ground. That was fun.

My girlfriend carried her Guitar Hero guitar for her toki wartooth cosplay while we walked to McDonalds. Some fat douche waits till he has passed us by ten feet. He then yells "guitar hero sucks". I responded with "just like your mom does on me". He didn't respond.

K&K4ever

Quote from: "MasterAxel"Lol i dont even know who Axle Low is i was Axel number 8 of organazation XIII

Axle Low from Guilty Gear. I saw a male Axle Low at the Gathering (First time I've seen a guy pull it off well.

Raydere

Quote from: "Glitch"A friend of mine hugged somebody who had a sign. I jokingly say "I'll attack from behind". The hugger turns around and hugs me with a tight grip. She basically crushes my neck. So I bear hug her off the ground. That was fun.
I wanna get hugged from behind. >_>
Quote from: "KitsuneOniko"
Quote from: "G.S. LXVIII"[quote pyramid!]

By the way G.S. thanks for the photos of me playin DanceManiaX and ParaPara while I was on break from hostin n staffin Stage Zero lol!! I didn't know you took pics of me...
Again, you're welcome! =)
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

K&K4ever

::Sneaks up from behind::

HUGIES!!! :D

OniCourseMusha

I didnt expect to get more hugs or glomps than my previous fanime plus I wasn't even wearing a sign till Monday when I had the sign "Damn! It's the last day! I need a hug..."
Probably due to the love of DDR and being the DDR Pad.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

bananaking

Craziest thing to happen to me at Fanime? Well I have 2 crazy things.

I was the guy with the GLOMP ME sign (I was doing door duty for the game room most of the time, the one taking a tally of all the glomps I got) and I have 2 memorable glomps.

The first one was "the double team" glomp where an L got on his hand and knees and another guy jumped off his back and glomped me. That was kinda fun. Woulda been more fun if it was from a chick v_v

The second one was where I was glomped by an old lady. She asked me if I wanted to be glomped by an old lady and I was like "sure!". Can you say awkward? XD

230 glomps in all! ^_^ Woulda gotten more, but I didn't get the sign till Saturday afternoon >.<
[url="www.myspace.com/leothebananaking]My Myspace[/url]

[url="http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=7662"]If you were one of the 230 to glomp me at Fanime '07 then post here!!1!!!1!!!one!!11!!1!!!eleven!1[/url]

Shinsengumi

Couple of people hugged me, all I did is walked around and then I heard "hey it's the Shinsengumi" and they asked me for a hug and so I said "sure go ahead".
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "InsaneChan"Alright, so Sunday night [Ok, 2AM Monday], my two friends and I were finally leaving the convention center and heading home. We had stayed for midnight madness and late night DDR and whatnot, which was a lot of fun. Our car was parked on second street, just two blocks from the convention center. So we're walking, just talking about how fun Fanime was and stuff, what we'll do next year, the great moments that happened this year bladdyblahblah..when we hear, just one block away, GUNSHOTS. I didnt think they were at first, but my friend was like, "No, dude, those were gunshots!" Then all these cop cars came spealing around the corner, pulling into first street [We were about 15 feet from the curb] and all these people come running passed us. They  looked absolutely mortified and were on their phones saying, "Someone got shot up!!" I started freaking out, and wanted to run back to the convention center, but my friend Cameron, being the guy that he is, wanted to "check it out." I was standing there besically saying, "WTF NO WAY! Lets GTH outta here!" But he insisted on walking to the curb and crossing the street. A cop blocking said street stopped us, but we told him that our car was parked on second, and we just wanted to leave the area asap. He told us to make sure we drove away from the "crime scene" and we scurried away. The incident happened right across the street from our parking lot, so all I could see were 10 police car's flashing lights in my eyes. It was CRAZY! There were policemen walking around with their guns brandished, searching for the suspect. We got in our car and were driving home the whole way saying how freaky downtown is now, and what an extremely interesting end to Fanime it was.

So..umm..did anyone happen to witness the same thing? ^_^;
I didn't witness it but I heard about it from a friend. It was apparently somewhere around Jack in the Box... He left to drive someone home and apparently the area around the place was closed for a two block radius.

I am kinda disappointed with all these unfavorable incidents around con.. Its not good for its rep... -.-; That and it kinda ruins the mood and the fun... >.>;

The most interesting/crazy things that happened to me during con was:

1) Taking 180 up to Great Mall to go to a friend's b-day dinner on fri. (I still wish I went in cosplay. XP )

2) Meeting the mangaka for Comipa (Sekihiko Inui) on mon. He's hot. XP

Nothing huge.. and that's ok. Better nothing than bad things... -.-; Though I would've liked to go to the meet the guest thing also... T.T
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula