Craziest thing at Fanime 2007!

Started by Touya no Miko, May 29, 2007, 12:20:24 AM

Touya no Miko

Yup, it's another one. So my fellow fanime attendees, tell us your craziest stories at Fanime 2007!

Here's mine.

Monday: I entered for prizes on Stage Zero, but I had no idea it would be a dance off!! It was my first one ever and I felt WRONG, VERY WRONG. I can't dance for crap.

Saturday: Nothing too unusual, except my gothic oujisama helped me stood out more than the last couple of years. Thanks to my nifty card parasol, I became quite popular for once.

Sunday: Dressed as Allen Walker from D Gray Man, scared some people on the bus ride to the Con. Played frisbee with Bleach characters and glomped rather painfully. After the convention, while waiting for the bus, a creepy Mexican old guy (I think he might have been drunk) came up to out of the blue and started saying stuff in broken english, like I was pretty and he started holding my hand o_o. Luckily, someone was nearby to save me. Downtown San Jose is creepy at night.

Monday: Dressed as Zombie L. Successfully got sweets from random people. Also met some Naruto cosplayers and hanged out with them. Eventually they started having a little too much fun and had team 7 do a erm...well look for yourself
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Raydere

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"Downtown San Jose is creepy at night.
Especially on the 22 bus (I'd rather have fanboy funk than bum funk) and at Santa Clara & 1st (not just at night but any time--smoking bums, weird people who talk to themselves too much, etc.)

Anyways...my craziest moments have got to be DYI and this.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

narutofan17

Well so I'm waiting in line to go to hentai night. All of a sudden random guys just started to glomp me. I made the sign for the ladies....for the ladies....T_T. Also I think I was getting followed by this random cosplayer in red with a huge sword. Maybe it was my imagination...I don't know. Trying to remember other thing.......
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

WaffoCellist

My craziest moment happened at the end.....I was walking downtown last night to the Pita Pit to grab a bite to eat after clearing everything out of the con (I'm part of the Logistics Staff for Fanime) and this lady started yelling at me out of no where.  I tried to ignore her, bought she ran and caught up to me and started to ask if I knew so and so in jail.....I tried to tell her that my jumpsuit (the orange jumpsuit that Logsitics uses for staff uniforms) is just a uniform and that I didn't break out of prison......At least the guys working at the Pita Pit had a good laugh about it......
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

Sen

Quote from: "WaffoCellist"My craziest moment happened at the end.....I was walking downtown last night to the Pita Pit to grab a bite to eat after clearing everything out of the con (I'm part of the Logistics Staff for Fanime) and this lady started yelling at me out of no where.  I tried to ignore her, bought she ran and caught up to me and started to ask if I knew so and so in jail.....I tried to tell her that my jumpsuit (the orange jumpsuit that Logsitics uses for staff uniforms) is just a uniform and that I didn't break out of prison......At least the guys working at the Pita Pit had a good laugh about it......

LOL that's just too funny. I'm sorry that had to happen to you.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

bonzaikitty

I was interrupted in mid-sentence by a glomp. The sentence was:

"Nobody's glomping me and it makes me sad. Maybe I'm just not attractive eno--(glomp)"

This was a sentence that was not being yelled for advertising purposes, I just happened to be talking to a friend of mine.
-bonzai kitty a.k.a. Hypatia

deepbluevibes

bahamutknightzero

Craziest moment......it would have to be on Saturday, when I was walking through the game room as Rude (the one with the Shin-Roganie sign) and ended up getting my first ever glomp.......by a guy. Sure it sounds like the norm, but to me it is crazy.

LordKefka

I went into the elevator with a friend from Guest Relations talking about Yamaga-san and Sanada-san. The door opens after like 2 floors and Sanada-san steps into the same elevator with me. I had no idea what the hell to say other than just stand there like all nervous and bow at her when I left...O_O...

Other than that, I was trying to take some good cosplay pictures. I saw this person who was in an Aria cosplay from the back and I was thinking " she looks VERY nice".. went up to her and I get "BRIDGET'D" as it turned out to be a man.. my jaw dropped... etc etc etc and I slowly backed away...-___-;;;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Sidekick

A lot of people here seem to have been "glomped". Sorry if this is noobish of me to ask but what's a glomp? (I'm thinking its like a hug?)  And did you have to cosplay to get glomped?

pockystix

A couple cosplays I thought that were interesting:

- Jesus
- Burger King
- Hard Gay
- balikbayan box

8)
New sn = Meirin

Morbid-Nurse

Quote from: "Sidekick"A lot of people here seem to have been "glomped". Sorry if this is noobish of me to ask but what's a glomp? (I'm thinking its like a hug?)  And did you have to cosplay to get glomped?

Yes, that's basically what a glomp is. ^_^ But funner than a normal hug. Sometimes feels more like a tackle. xD

And of course you don't have to be in cosplay to get glomped! Glomps are for everybody yo. x3

Asa_Gohan

Out of pure luck me and a couple of other people were going to fight outside with foam swords so instead we went inside and conveniently the KH battle music started to play xD then I went and fought Sephiroth and right before we started fighting the Kingdom hearts rendition of One winged angel started playing and again it was just awesome x3

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Sidekick

Quote from: "Morbid-Nurse"
Quote from: "Sidekick"A lot of people here seem to have been "glomped". Sorry if this is noobish of me to ask but what's a glomp? (I'm thinking its like a hug?)  And did you have to cosplay to get glomped?

Yes, that's basically what a glomp is. ^_^ But funner than a normal hug. Sometimes feels more like a tackle. xD

And of course you don't have to be in cosplay to get glomped! Glomps are for everybody yo. x3

I was just asking cause I didn't cosplay but I didn't get glomped.  :(  Sounds fun though..

Morbid-Nurse

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"Out of pure luck me and a couple of other people were going to fight outside with foam swords so instead we went inside and conveniently the KH battle music started to play xD then I went and fought Sephiroth and right before we started fighting the Kingdom hearts rendition of One winged angel started playing and again it was just awesome x3

o_o My friends told me about that... was there a kinda tall guy with dark brown hair with some blond at the bottom there, and another guy with bright pink hair?

Asa_Gohan

yes and that was me dressed up in a green shirt and baggy black pants

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Morbid-Nurse

Well I didn't actually see it happen, but those two guys were staying in the same room as me, and they were telling me about it, and how epic it was... xD

mDuo13

Quote from: "Sidekick"
Quote from: "Morbid-Nurse"

I was just asking cause I didn't cosplay but I didn't get glomped.  :(  Sounds fun though..
A glomp is like a hug but more violent. Because of this, a lot of people don't enjoy being glomped by random strangers, so you have to either have a sign/shirt asking for them, or encounter someone who's asking for them and tell them yes in order to be glomped.

Craziest thing for me? UNO, definitely.
Chunchunchunchunchunchunchun!

Dreyfuss

I was there when the Spartans first arrived.

"Spartans!  What is your profession?!"

"Ou!  Ou!  Ou!"

InsaneChan

This may have been the craziest/scariest thing to happen to me ever, but it took place during Fanime..XD so yea.

Alright, so Sunday night [Ok, 2AM Monday], my two friends and I were finally leaving the convention center and heading home. We had stayed for midnight madness and late night DDR and whatnot, which was a lot of fun. Our car was parked on second street, just two blocks from the convention center. So we're walking, just talking about how fun Fanime was and stuff, what we'll do next year, the great moments that happened this year bladdyblahblah..when we hear, just one block away, GUNSHOTS. I didnt think they were at first, but my friend was like, "No, dude, those were gunshots!" Then all these cop cars came spealing around the corner, pulling into first street [We were about 15 feet from the curb] and all these people come running passed us. They  looked absolutely mortified and were on their phones saying, "Someone got shot up!!" I started freaking out, and wanted to run back to the convention center, but my friend Cameron, being the guy that he is, wanted to "check it out." I was standing there besically saying, "WTF NO WAY! Lets GTH outta here!" But he insisted on walking to the curb and crossing the street. A cop blocking said street stopped us, but we told him that our car was parked on second, and we just wanted to leave the area asap. He told us to make sure we drove away from the "crime scene" and we scurried away. The incident happened right across the street from our parking lot, so all I could see were 10 police car's flashing lights in my eyes. It was CRAZY! There were policemen walking around with their guns brandished, searching for the suspect. We got in our car and were driving home the whole way saying how freaky downtown is now, and what an extremely interesting end to Fanime it was.

So..umm..did anyone happen to witness the same thing? ^_^;
Love. Life. fANIME.