Craziest thing at Fanime 2007!

Started by Touya no Miko, May 29, 2007, 12:20:24 AM

Minagi-chan

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Craziest thing for me? UNO, definitely.
Chunchunchunchunchunchunchun!
"Jump, kashira!"

Craziest thing for me was sitting at an Artist's Alley table with my friends and being asked for a commission.  You see... I'm not an artist.  But she paid me anyway!  Thanks, Kingdom Hearts crazed girl!!  : 3
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

M

Someone ran up to me and thought that I was hurting the totoro on-screen (there was a slide with a totoro and myself on the plasma displays). I told them that it said that I love totoros (since 2005), yet they insisted that I was making some threat... Uhh...  yeah @_@
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Let's see (for now):

- "Accidently" triggering the fire alarm by spray painting the wiimote cosplay.  Oops.  Luckily, the staff at the hotel didn't fine us.
- Being glomped by 3 random girls for pretty much 30 minutes or more.  I couldn't escape that at all.
- A friend of mine borrowing my Wiimote to play Max300 in DDR Supernova.  Nuff said.
- Someone showing a white stain after getting out of the Hentai panel.  I kid you not.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Asa_Gohan

XDXDXDXDXD THAT WII MOTE WAS AWESOME!!! EPIC!!!

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

K&K4ever

having to pry a fangirl off a bayman (DOA) because she wanted his komoguro (Gravitation). danm girl, get your own!!!!  :evil:
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

otakuapprentice

well, its not crazy but it fits here.

i was volunteering saturday afternoon at artists' alley manning the doors, making sure that only those with badges were able to go inside. all of a sudden, this girl just starts to run right at me, looking like she was gonna tackle me, but quickly stops about three feet in front of me, bows down to me, then gets up and runs off.

that left me thinking 'WTF?!' for the rest of the day.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Xeluu

Quote from: "Sidekick"
Quote from: "Morbid-Nurse"
Quote from: "Sidekick"A lot of people here seem to have been "glomped". Sorry if this is noobish of me to ask but what's a glomp? (I'm thinking its like a hug?)  And did you have to cosplay to get glomped?

Yes, that's basically what a glomp is. ^_^ But funner than a normal hug. Sometimes feels more like a tackle. xD

And of course you don't have to be in cosplay to get glomped! Glomps are for everybody yo. x3

I was just asking cause I didn't cosplay but I didn't get glomped.  :(  Sounds fun though..
A glomp is like a hug but more violent. Because of this, a lot of people don't enjoy being glomped by random strangers, so you have to either have a sign/shirt asking for them, or encounter someone who's asking for them and tell them yes in order to be glomped.

Actually, glomps can be considered assault, especially if the person isn't asking for them. If you're not expecting them, they are NOT fun. Especially if your costume has limited vision and is top-heavy.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

K&K4ever

Quote from: "Xeluu"
Quote from: "Sidekick"A lot of people here seem to have been "glomped". Sorry if this is noobish of me to ask but what's a glomp? (I'm thinking its like a hug?)  And did you have to cosplay to get glomped?

Yes, that's basically what a glomp is. ^_^ But funner than a normal hug. Sometimes feels more like a tackle. xD

And of course you don't have to be in cosplay to get glomped! Glomps are for everybody yo. x3

I was just asking cause I didn't cosplay but I didn't get glomped.  :(  Sounds fun though..
A glomp is like a hug but more violent. Because of this, a lot of people don't enjoy being glomped by random strangers, so you have to either have a sign/shirt asking for them, or encounter someone who's asking for them and tell them yes in order to be glomped.

Actually, glomps can be considered assault, especially if the person isn't asking for them. If you're not expecting them, they are NOT fun. Especially if your costume has limited vision and is top-heavy.

I'll have to agree on this one, some people don't like to be glomped, or even touched for that matter, and alot of people can get injured if they're golmped without warning. I've herd of times when the glompie had to be taken to the hospital.

Stormfalcon

Not only that, but a glomp can also aggravate something that may already be bothering the glompee.  For example, there were times when one of my ankles was bothering me, and I was thankful for not being a glomp victim because I'm sure that a glomp could've made things worse with the sudden shifting of weight on my feet and ankles :(
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

K&K4ever

The moral of the story: ask before you glomp :D

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: "K&K4ever"The moral of the story: ask before you glomp :D

So true, a friend of mine that cosplayed as Vincent (FF7) had earlier concerns about being glomped since she didn't want her gauntlet to break from a reckless glomp.

justkitteh

Bringing my boombox (you saw/heard it, there was only one) and having con ops tell me to turn it up more than once, hell more than zero times! :D

Also, drama involving friends and the dance and the police etc... <.< still not sure what all that was.

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"Yup, it's another one. So my fellow fanime attendees, tell us your craziest stories at Fanime 2007!

Here's mine.

Monday: I entered for prizes on Stage Zero, but I had no idea it would be a dance off!! It was my first one ever and I felt WRONG, VERY WRONG. I can't dance for crap.

Saturday: Nothing too unusual, except my gothic oujisama helped me stood out more than the last couple of years. Thanks to my nifty card parasol, I became quite popular for once.

Sunday: Dressed as Allen Walker from D Gray Man, scared some people on the bus ride to the Con. Played frisbee with Bleach characters and glomped rather painfully. After the convention, while waiting for the bus, a creepy Mexican old guy (I think he might have been drunk) came up to out of the blue and started saying stuff in broken english, like I was pretty and he started holding my hand o_o. Luckily, someone was nearby to save me. Downtown San Jose is creepy at night.

Monday: Dressed as Zombie L. Successfully got sweets from random people. Also met some Naruto cosplayers and hanged out with them.

lol But it was awesome of you to come up on my stage! Us Stage Zero staff applaud you and thank you very much for the entertainment n volunteering for one of our games ^_~
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

K&K4ever

so the cops were here again, I didn't see that, I only saw the paramedics

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: "pockystix"A couple cosplays I thought that were interesting:

- Jesus
- Burger King
- Hard Gay
- balikbayan box

8)

lol funny (or sad?) to say I know each and everyone of them cosplayers... and the last one with the balikbayan box? That was mah family friend/ "lil bro" JT... He was wearin that last year too XD And dancin on mah stage... ^^;

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: "Xeluu"

Heh.  I learned that the hard way since, to be honest, I wasn't expecting it.  I lost count of the glomping since it nearly destroyed my costume. :(
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

KitsuneOniko

lol Hey yo, Oniko from Stage Zero staff n yes one of the hosts ^_~ I would have to say Fanime is always crazie for me every year, random fangirls n fanboys and tackle glomp attacks as usual though some of these fangirls of mine seem to be gettin bolder n more forward with me randomly XDDD A friend and fan during the second/third day of Fanime saw me as I was patroling the registration lines during my break from hosting when they gave me this gift bag with this cd marked "Cream...Lemon" (I haven't put it in my laptop yet to see what it is though I am rather hesitant ^^; hmmmm....), a lesbian mini poster thing of the famous lesbian girls "kiss"ing poster, and (my personal funnie fav) this really awesome red beanie that said "ORGASM DONOR"  with the white medical cross on it! LMAO!!! Also gettin tackled off the side of the stage sometimes from random fans and cute girls n hot women while I was hosting... hmmm... lots more but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment ^_~

K&K4ever

hay, did anyone get attacked by a rabid fangirl who wanted their komoguro?

Sidekick

Hmm, in that case I hope I never get glomped.  Hugs are ok though!  :wink:

heeroyuy135

I find it weird that I had planned to get glomped at the con, yet I was the one who was doing all the glomping...