FAQ for 2008! Updated 11/17/07

Started by MPLe, May 29, 2007, 11:25:51 AM

M

I hope this will be useful in answering questions that I have seen being asked several times.

I Paid by check on _ and it is _. Why isn't my account marked as paid yet?
Due to the number of paid checks and the way of getting them processed, it might take up to a month in order for for your account to be marked as "paid". If it has been over a month (30-31 regular, non-business days [28 days in Feb. :P]) and your account hasn't been marked as paid, please email registration [their email is registration at fanime dot com].
NOTE: This generally doesn't take up to a full month, but in some situations, it might. The general rule is that if it was cashed in, then it was accepted. ^_^

I don't have a banking account and I think PayPal's the devil. How do I pay?*
*You might not think that PayPal's the devil, but you just might have a credit card or want to use PayPal. :)
Just send in money order to the same address that you would send your check.

Help! I mailed 'it' a week ago! Where is my confirmation?
Please, please do not be vague when you are e-mailing us. We cannot help you if we don't know what you are talking about. This only slows down the process

"I lost my username and password. Could you e-mail it to me?"
See above. There are over two different kinds of accounts in Fanime -- some of which the registration department has no control over. If you have lost your fanime.com/registration Username/Password, email registration@fanime; for forums, email webmaster@fanime; if you're unsure, help@fanime or webmaster@fanime can both help you. =)

I've pre-registered! Where is my badge??
If you have paid in full your badge will be waiting for you at registration at the con. Please be prepared to show a valid government issued photo ID (passport, driver's license, state ID, military ID, etc.) to pick up your badge.

We were sent postcards in 2005 to pick up our badges at the convention. Where are they?
Unfortunately, we aren't doing postcards for Fanime anymore. We are now doing online postcards which you can print and bring into Fanime. These postcards are in .PDF format and will be available at a time closer to con

Do I NEED to have my ID in order to get my badge?
Yes.

When does Pre-Registration for Fanime '08 open-up/begins?
Pre-Registration is open right now and can only be done online. The current price for the entire weekend is $50. Hurry because the later you register the more expensive it will be!

Is there a discount for groups? What happened to group registration?
Unfortunately, due to rising costs among other things, there will be no price discounts this year. Group registration will NOT be available this year. Group reg has been causing a lot of headaches for some of our attendees. We are however trying to create a newer and better reg system. So group reg might come back.

I registered for Fanime '08 at the end of Fanime '07. How do I login?
Go to the login page and select "Forgot password". It will be sent to you and then you may change it.

Note: E-mail registration at fanime.com for any questions that you may have.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

M

Based on feedback, group registration is currently being discussed and reworked. Please stay tuned for more information.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Sen

Quote from: MPLe on May 29, 2007, 11:49:26 AM
Based on feedback, group registration is currently being discussed and reworked. Please stay tuned for more information.

The FAQ has been updated to reflect 2008 policy.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07