5- Meh.
1 (3.2%)
4- Wasn't that good.
1 (3.2%)
3- Pretty bad
0 (0%)
2- Really bad
0 (0%)
1- My worst stay at a hotel ever. I won't be going back.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 29, 2007, 12:23:19 PM

FanFicGuru

Feel free to vent or praise or whatever you wish to do regarding your hotel situation this year.

I know one thing that people will mention first off is the whole elevator tango. Unfortunately, with so many people needing to go up and/or down and a limited amount of elevators, that problem is sure to happen and there's not much we can do about it unless we pay to add a couple more elevators to the Marriott and the Hilton.

As far as my actual stay, it was excellent. I was treated very kindly at check in and check out...the suites at the Marriott were nice and big (I will definitely be interested in staying in them again) the bed was heavenly, and so was the view. Easy AV connections made gaming really easy and overall it was an awesome stay.

I've always enjoyed my stays at the Marriott and they certainly didn't disappoint this time either.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

chanocular

My two nights at the marriot was okay, however i didnt get the suites. I will definetly get them next year though =).

Yes, the elevators i am use to now since it would be my fourth time staying at that hotel. Although i did have some noisy neighbors, but everything was good.  :D

heeroyuy135

Despite running into problems in the Crowne Plaza (construction, only two elevators, and others), I had a good stay. Odds are, next year I will be staying at the other two hotels, but I'd like to see what the Crowne Plaza would look like when the hotel is done with the renovations.

Karisma Black

Our stay was good. However, housekeeping did not clean our room one of the days we were there in the Mariott. That was kind of annoying.

deepbluevibes

xinu38

Stayed at Marriot and except for the elevator issues on Monday morning, my stay was very good.  Only two minor complaints:

1. Jr.Suite smelled like the previous occupants were smokers.  Smell was strong but for someone that doesn't smoke, you could tell it was there.  Smell was strong enough to stick to my clothes that were hanging in my closet.

2. NO WIRELESS INTERNET IN THE ROOMS THEMSELVES?!?!  Only in the lobby.  What's that all about?  You're a business class hotel next to a convention center?!?!  Not even third party providers were an option.

With that said, a couple of cool things:

1. Leroy from FanimeCon housing = awesome dude.  Had allot of questions and requests for a noob con attendee but Leroy was professional and courteous from the start.  Gave me several accommodation options and was patient with me.

2. Marriot staff = awesome as well.  Front desk got me checked in at 12pm instead of the normal 3pm.  Housekeeping hooked me up with extra blanket's, pillows and tried to help out with smoke smell of the room. Valet helped me out with my parking issue when I ended up parking in the convention parking instead of the Marriot parking the first two days (I was there Fri-Mon).

3. Marriot connected to the convention center.  What can I say...two thumbs up!

xinu38

Quote from: "Karisma Black"Our stay was good. However, housekeeping did not clean our room one of the days we were there in the Mariott. That was kind of annoying.

Did you sleep in that morning?  You might have been at the beginning of their rounds so they skipped you if you were still in.  You would have had to call the front desk to request that housekeeping go back or just talk to the housekeepers themselves if you saw them in the hallway.  A good way to make sure they always come back to turn your room is to leave a small tip for them every day.

Krnchichiri

Our stay was pretty good, although I personally didn't check out/in.
My friend lost her camera charger in the room, which was kinda odd, but it's true. My other room mate as well as myself did not take it... :/

The storage for bag service was very nice and the staff was very accommodating. I had two loose posters sticking out of my backpack a foot and a half or so, and it came back nicely and wasn't lost or damaged [although one of them was damaged probably when I bought them. D:]

I'd rate it pretty high, but I hate numbers, so... xP
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Barnes

Stayed at the Hilton:
-15th floor. Not as bad for me as last year (I forgot my floor from 06)
-Sometimes the water pressure in the shower and toilet would "mess up". But I worked simple remedies to get over them.
-None smoking floor, but at random times, I would smell cigarette smoke. I'm not making it up. So I turned the airco on.
-Woah! It turns out I could have brought a game console with me.
-I think RyuHayabusa had the same floor as me. I think.
-Staff was helpful for me and my mom.

Overall: Sastified.
8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mordyan

I had a great stay this year. The staff at the Marriott was really nice. The people at check in on thursday chat with me about the con and mentioned they had passes and were excited to go see some of it.

I did make sure to leave a small tip for house keeping everyday, and tip the bellhop and parking staff. But even without that everyone was really nice.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I dont know how lucky I was, but at first I booked my hotel at the Fairmont, but at the literal last second, 4 days before the con I was able to book at the Hilton for the cheap price, ended up upgrading due to 3 of my staffers needed a room badly, but it was all good.

I checked in at 12pm and I scored a 3rd floor slot. Yes, a 3rd floor slot that was also close to the stairs just in case the elevators were full. The same usual good service as also a longtime hilton visitor, but aside from saturday morning not having any toothpaste despite a request that never made it until 8 hours later, I enjoyed it.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

thebrain2u

I stayed at the marriott in a double. It was the same as last year, and I got a corner room so we had a short hall way at the door which reduced noise from trailing into the room. Staff was very nice, although it took them almost 2 hours to get us some extra towels late night. Valet parking was cool, too, and the discount fanime got made it worth valet. Will definitely stay with them next year.

phoenixphire24

The Sainte Claire was great as always. Free wireless internet, a fridge, and no questions asked about our extra person.

Moonblossom

Stayed in a king room on the eighth floor of the Hilton. The service was awesome, the staff there were really accommodating. We checked in early without any trouble. Somehow, our request for a smoking room had gotten misplaced, but they managed to find us one (even with the early check-in) very quickly, and with a smile the whole time. We requested a microwave and got it within the first hour or so of being checked in.

My luggage got misplaced by the airline, and the hotel staff brought it up to my room when it was delivered there. The rooms were always tidied nicely and the staff was always there to hold open a door or offer me a bottle of water while I was waiting in the lobby.

The beds were incredibly comfortable, soft sheets, nice pillowtop matress. The pillows were a bit floofy for my tastes, but still good.

The only qualm I had was sometimes first thing in the morning, the water pressure and temperature in the shower were a bit hard to control, I guess a lot of people were showering at once or something. It was inconvenient, but certainly manageable.

The lack of free wireless in the rooms struck me as a bit odd, as many less "classy" hotels offer it, but I just dragged my laptop down to the lobby every evening to check my email.

M

Quote from: "Barnes"Stayed at the Hilton:
-15th floor. Not as bad for me as last year (I forgot my floor from 06)
-Sometimes the water pressure in the shower and toilet would "mess up". But I worked simple remedies to get over them.
-None smoking floor, but at random times, I would smell cigarette smoke. I'm not making it up. So I turned the airco on.
-Woah! It turns out I could have brought a game console with me.
-I think RyuHayabusa had the same floor as me. I think.
-Staff was helpful for me and my mom.

Overall: Sastified.
8)

We were on the same floor. :)
I smelled cigarette smoke from time to time too, but then I realized that it was coming from outside (maybe someone was smoking with the cigarette hanging outside the window or something?) so I just closed the windows and turned up the AirCon. ^_^;;
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tuplica

Hilton stay.  10th Floor.

The service was awesome, the staff was friendly and accommodating, the room service was speedy.  The room was actually missing the footstool that goes with the lounge chair, but housekeeping called the room and informed me about it.  After a couple snafus with management I got it into the room for no fee.  Yay.  

Unfortunately, I'm not as happy about the behavior of the con-goers (and anyone else who was at the hotel that weekend).  >_<  Like the folks on the 15th floor, occasionally the room would just REEK of cigarette smoke even though all the rooms near mine were non-smoking (and mine was as well).  I have a feeling someone was actually smoking in the hallway or near the elevator considering the smell originated from there.  It was disgusting and a health hazard to anyone with lung problems (got people with asthma in the family, I keep these things in mind).  Also, the behavior of some of the congoers on the last couple days wasn't so hot either.  Not much to be done about that I guess, but having people literally stampeding through the halls screaming and STREAKING as well...  Yeeeah.  It's not the con's or the hotel's responsibility to have people standing around supervising us (considering how many people hated being treated badly by the hotel staff at the Santa Clara con center especially) but it was just dreadful.  

Otherwise stuff was just fine.  Didn't have too horrid a wait for elevators.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Lisii

I stayed at the Marriott...TWENTY-FIFTH FLOOR, DUDE. It kinda sucked being up that high, but it was easy to get in an empty elevator. Just press the up button instead of down. -grins-

The staff, as far as I could tell, was very nice. My friends and I didn't want our room cleaned while we were there (we're all the type who scatter things but know exactly where they are, so if someone tidies up we can't find anything), and the housekeeping was okay with that. Something got messed up with the hotel reservations, but the staff helped us greatly with it, and everything worked out fine. :D I still prefer the Hilton, but the Marriott is awesome.

My only qualm: the elevators did, in fact, make some of my friends dizzy and nauseous. I didn't notice it, but they were pretty bothered.

Ekac

Good ~ The room was decent even for 6 people, although one guy left, and two girls moved in, then one switched out... it was kinda funny, since we're MANLY MEN, WE SLEPT ON THE COLD HARD GROUND, UNDER THE DESK, BETWEEN THE BEDS, IN THE TUB, AND IN THE CLOSET! Hell, one of us slept in the damn slidey chair. :D

It was good, even tough housekeeping never cleaned our room, we're respectful and did it ourselves. :) Wish the bottled water wasn't so overpriced, but you can go steal from the fitness room. >_>;;

The thing I loved most, when we left ALL our cardkeys in our room, the lobby guy didn't let us back in because we needed to be on the account [we understand thieving precautions] but the maid on our floor was nice enough to let us in, so then we got our cards, wahahahah.

And the best thing of all, we got plugs for our TV so we can play SSBM and Guitar Hero, however the girl's room is another story. ^^;

IamTetsuo

Another great stay at the Marriot.  20th floor.  Check in was a breeze, and check out was surprisingly easy.  I called the front desk to request a luggage cart, and they sent one up (I was expecting to have to go down and get it).  Not only that but I got to take the service elevator down, and laugh at everyone waiting for the regular elevators.   :D

The only downside was that the Marriot elevators made me queesy.  Oh and the construction at 8:30 IN THE FREAKIN MORNING on Saturday, but that wasn't the hotels fault.

And why do they put so many pillows on the bed?  I really don't need that many pillows...

Aya Brea

Stayed at the Hilton, 6th floor.  

Overall the stay was very good.  We checked in an hour early.  

One downside is that the stairs were marked emergency exit only so we were confused as to whether or not we could walk until we started hearing other people hoofing it up the stairs.  

For some crazy reason I got charged for 80 dollars for valet parking (for two cars) on the second and third night, but I was able to clear that up after I showed them the bill (where the first night was self-parking for a single car) and showed them my in and out pass and my car keys.  Otherwise, I would've had fun tracking down "my cars" and retrieving "my keys".  The gentleman at the counter fixed that up right away, and we paid for the bill the night before so we didn't even have to get in line to check out on Monday :3  

The staff at the cafe in the hotel was also very nice.  Too bad they didn't advertise the breakfast buffet more (like... a sign, maybe?) and I bought two regular breakfasts before I found out about it.  x_x