5- Meh.
1 (3.2%)
4- Wasn't that good.
1 (3.2%)
3- Pretty bad
0 (0%)
2- Really bad
0 (0%)
1- My worst stay at a hotel ever. I won't be going back.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 29, 2007, 12:23:19 PM

magz

I stayed the weekend at the Crowne on the third floor. Too bad it was under construction and one of the elevators was not working. I haven't stayed in a hotel in the U.S in quite a long time, so it honestly blew me away how nice the rooms are.

My only complaints were that the TV was really crappy in that it had rendering lag when connected to my PS2 so playing fighting games was instantaneous fail. Also, either on Saturday or Sunday morning, some random people were MAKING their cosplay costumes out in the middle of the hallway so you could hear all this noise and even hammering on a constant basis. This was at like 10AM or so and even then that's way too early for me to be getting up >_>

Anyways, good stay overall and I'll probably be giving either the Hilton or the Marriott a try next time.

scsa20

Stayed at the Marriott, I've stayed at the Marriott last year as well, I really liked it but here's what got me vote a 6

1) The restroom door doesn't have a lock (that a real big no no, especially if you have a total 10 people staying in your room (although some goes out at night so it's less then that), and some of which are girls staying in your room because they got screwed out of there rooms (because of personal issues that happen before hand)).
2) We ordered 2 rooms this year, but never gotten a confirmation on the second room, screwing us out of another room (would of been really nice considering the fact that we had a lot of people staying over)
3) No wireless internet access >_> (I need my internet dammit!)
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

Moonblossom

Seems the Hilton's not so fab about returning forgotten items. I finally got my luggage today (it got lost in transit) and one of my favourite skirts was missing. There's really no other place it could be than in the room, but housekeeping claims they didn't find anything :(

Edit: I take this back, sorry housekeeping! Somehow my friend packed it, it was a very similar fabric to one of his dress shirts, and they got balled up on the floor together. Oops ><''

astroboy

Quote from: "Lisii"I stayed at the Marriott...TWENTY-FIFTH FLOOR, DUDE. It kinda sucked being up that high, but it was easy to get in an empty elevator. Just press the up button instead of down. -grins-
There's a phrase for something like that in a subway system during evening commute time. "Going in to go out".
It's a no no for obvious reasons. For elevators I guess you would call that "going up to go down".

Have you ever ridden down in an elevator and when the doors open, nobody is there? Seems like a wonderful waste of time huh? You know why? Its people who push both the up and down buttons. They want to go down but hop onto the first elevator that stops (which could be going up). When it comes time for them to go down again the process is repeated by somebody else. Makes my head spin thinking about it.

BrightHeart76

I stayed at the Hilton.  Loved it!  My room was comfortable the service was great.  It was nice to have a fridge to keep my snacks cold. They let me check in at 10:30 in the morning, they held my luggage the day I checked out.  I was very happy with the Hilton, I will stay thre again next year.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ip136

Stayed at the Marriott and will definitely be trying to stay at the Hilton next year.

Woes of the Marriott 2007

- Came in at 1pm on Thursday, earlier than check-in to ensure that we would have connected rooms. The concierge said that we would, but the rooms weren't ready to go into just yet and to come back in an hour.

- 2 1/2 hours LATER, they let us into 1 of the rooms, saying the people from the other room hadn't left yet and that they were a 'late checkout' and they should have the room cleaned within the hour.

- 1 hour later, we moved from the 11th floor to the 18th floor, because the adjoining room? It was occupied by an airplane pilot and they weren't leaving until 10pm. To which I had to have a very nice 'discussion' with the front desk once I had called and they told me the information and suddenly said our rooms WOULDN'T be connected. **NOTE: The 18th floor did have adjoining rooms.**

- In the process of repacking everything from the first room to the new rooms, I left my nice shaver in the bathroom on accident. When calling the front desk later that day (and recalled the next day) they said house keeping never turned in a shaver. GO FIG. >.O

+ Got a Fridge in each room

+ The Bellhops are AWESOME there.

So as usual, I will do everything in my power NOT to stay at the Marriott again. Even if they gave us free movies in the rooms. It isn't like it does much at a con when you're just watching Anime all the time. ^^;
Clicky my Art Pwease?

G.I.R

Stayed at the Hilton this year.  I give them a 10

Good Price for the room.
Arrived at 12:45 Thursday, and was able to go straight to my room.
Wireless internet in the lobby.
Optional self park (and only $10 a day to boot!)
Convienient elevators (although one was out of service most of Friday)

Will definatly try to stay there again next year.  :D

Shi_Musouka

Stayed at the Hilton, 6th floor.

Luckily my friend checked in a day in advance so getting a room wasn't a problem. The woman who gave me my room key was pretty nice, actually. I also didn't have to put up with a lot of drama so that made my stay even more enjoyable.

My only qualm was that the shower wouldn't stop leaking, and the beds were strangely uncomfortable, but other than that, it was a worthwhile stay.

Malocide

Stayed at corwn. Sucked that it was accros the street. I wanted a hotel conected for sure doing that next year.

Everhting was pretty great except we lost a Camra and a prom suite. It was my cusins and my date was borwing it. I got in big torble for that.
The worst thign was when we asked they said they did not find it. More liek it was stolen by a maid. Whatever I guess it was not that bad.

BunofGovt

Stayed at the Hilton this year, only thing I did not like is that the video rooms are on the Marriott side.  But we were able to check in just after noon, got a fridge in the room (!!!), did not get connecting rooms, but were able to get rooms right next door to each other.  The Hilton rooms were a little cheaper, that was the only reason we stayed there.   And we were certainly lower than the 23rd floor on the Marriott two years ago (thanks to the fire alarm in 2005, and the elevator situation in 2005/2006, I have made it a point to ask for something no higher than the 10th floor).

Don't know which hotel we'll be at next year, but certainly either the Hilton or the Marriott since they're attached to the convention center.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Runewitt

no-one's mentioned off site rooms yet, so i guess i;ll break the ice.

stayed at the Ramada a block away from the con, clean simple rooms, mini-fridge, large towels, free wifi in all the rooms and VERY hot showers, great for washing off the funks. only downside was that the room was across from the elevator, and right above the supply room.  7/10
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

thebrain2u

I stay at the Marriott for Fanime07. It was just like the year before, perfectly fine. They let us check in at 11am and had our room ready at the 4th floor, which was cool cause we could take the stairs instead of the elevator if needed. I had my best friend with me and two girls. Being two guys, we were fine with the bathroom having no locks. For the girls, it was a different story. We basically put up a sign that if the door was closed, don't open it. And we had to have someone guard the room just in case whenever the girls were inside. It's interesting to see how the girls can be so understanding, and then turn on us because we're guys and the bathroom doors aren't lockable. That's something to keep in mind if you're gonna have opposite sexes in one room.

The discount for the parking was a nice bonus, too. The front lobby kept our things for us when we checked out. I had a big scroll sticking out of one of my bags and it came back perfectly fine. I'll definitely be staying with the Marriott again next year. Maybe I'll even bump up to a suite, since I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Steve.Young

Marriott. Like 8th floor.

I was the one who primarily payed for the room with 2 of my friends. It ended up having like 8 people in there with me not being in there except 4 hours of sleep and 2 showers. So I cant quite say how good the whole room was because I wasn't in there.

However, checking in was a breeze and pretty easy. So not much i could really say.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

kissbylove

Quote from: Aya Brea on May 31, 2007, 11:41:59 PM
Stayed at the Hilton, 6th floor. 

Overall the stay was very good.  We checked in an hour early. 

One downside is that the stairs were marked emergency exit only so we were confused as to whether or not we could walk until we started hearing other people hoofing it up the stairs. 

For some crazy reason I got charged for 80 dollars for valet parking (for two cars) on the second and third night, but I was able to clear that up after I showed them the bill (where the first night was self-parking for a single car) and showed them my in and out pass and my car keys.  Otherwise, I would've had fun tracking down "my cars" and retrieving "my keys".  The gentleman at the counter fixed that up right away, and we paid for the bill the night before so we didn't even have to get in line to check out on Monday :3 

The staff at the cafe in the hotel was also very nice.  Too bad they didn't advertise the breakfast buffet more (like... a sign, maybe?) and I bought two regular breakfasts before I found out about it.  x_x
There is a breakfast buffet!!! I'm going to check this out!!!
I rather be hated for who I am, than to be love for who I'm not...

Shinsengumi

I like to stay on the Hilton, even though usually the con it's on the Marriott side, I did stay for one night at the Marriott and to me the rooms look pretty small compare to the Hilton. I would stay on Hilton.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

G.I.R

Quote from: Shinsengumi on November 04, 2007, 01:18:00 AM
I like to stay on the Hilton, even though usually the con it's on the Marriott side, I did stay for one night at the Marriott and to me the rooms look pretty small compare to the Hilton. I would stay on Hilton.
The rooms I had in 2004/05 wereon the small side, but the one I had in 2006 were HEWYJ!  I was on the side that faced the outside court area of the convention center, on the 6th (I think) floor.  there were windows accross half of the room, and across the restroom. 
But if I can go this year, (not looking likely  :'( )I'll probably stay at the Hilton again like I did this year..  It was cheaper, and parking was more convinient (re: self parking).

Mearibesu

This will be my first year!! I was wondering what each hotel had to offer such as what events go on in each hotel.  I have only been to Anime Expo and I liked to stay in the hotel that the dance and arcade was in.  If anyone remembers what went on that would be great! thanks!

AbsolutelyCursed

In terms of what events take place, you have the Asian film rooms taking place in the Marriott. The dance you are referring to is closer to the Marriott hotel. The arcade I believe is closer to the Hilton but I could be wrong on that. Hope that helps.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on November 04, 2007, 11:38:08 PM
In terms of what events take place, you have the Asian film rooms taking place in the Marriott. The dance you are referring to is closer to the Marriott hotel. The arcade I believe is closer to the Hilton but I could be wrong on that. Hope that helps.

The arcade was about equidistant from both hotels.  Most of the screening rooms are closer to the Marriot.  But really it isn't that big of a deal.  Walking from one side of the convention center to the other isn't difficult.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: kissbylove on November 02, 2007, 08:59:52 PM
Quote from: Aya Brea on May 31, 2007, 11:41:59 PM

Overall the stay was very good.  We checked in an hour early. 

The staff at the cafe in the hotel was also very nice.  Too bad they didn't advertise the breakfast buffet more (like... a sign, maybe?) and I bought two regular breakfasts before I found out about it.  x_x
There is a breakfast buffet!!! I'm going to check this out!!!

The Hilton has a breakfast buffet? do you know what they were charging?