Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

Altomare

I would simply die if there was any possible way for CLAMP to come to Fanime. I mean really. I'd crawl to their feet holdind a silver platter with my heart on it for them [ okay so that's and exaggeration ] but I would be VERY happy if they could possibly come.

For Seiyuu's, I'd want:

Asano, Mayumi - Hisoka [ Yami no Matsuei ], Blue [ Wolfs Rain ], Haku [ Naruto], and a few more.
Miki, Shinichiro - Tsuzuki [ Yami no Matsuei ], Shinichirou [ Sukisyo! ], Kyuzo [ Samurai Seven ], and many more.
Namikawa, Daisuke - Fai D. Flourite [ Tsubasa Chronicle ], Yukio [ Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad ], and many others.

For English VA's I'd like:

Yuri Lowenthal - Yuuri [ Kyou Kara Maou! ], Sasuke [ Naruto ], and many more.
Chris Patton - Ichiro [ Nerima Daikon Brothers ], Greed [ Fullmetal Alchemist ], Haruka [ Tactics ], and many more.
Mona Marshall - Wolfram [ Kyou Kara Maou! ], Toboe [ Wolfs Rain ], Nataku [ X ], and many more.

So yeah, there's my two cents.

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

alkaline

Quote from: alkaline on June 09, 2007, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: serajwlPolysics! Polysicspolysicspolysics @_@

yeah right....

In all honesty, they wouldn't be impossible. They tend to come out here quite a bit.

I made the above post a few months ago, so I think its time for an update.

I still don't think they're out of reach for Fanime, but as some of you may already know they've signed onto MySpace Records. This presents good and bad stipulations. On one hand, they're infinitely easier to get in touch with. On the other, they're probably a bit more tied up than before.

They just played a show here in SF this past week and of course, it was amazing. They're coming back in early November as an opening act on the MySpace tour, so its clear that they still love playing Western shows. As an added bonus, they love the Bay Area, or more specifically, San Francisco.

Just something to think about ;)

Nina Star 9

:O

Time for an update from my end, I think we all can figure out where this is headed even without clicking the link. ;P

She has recently signed onto SMA-Players, meaning that it would probably be easier to contact her, but it might be more difficult to work through sony instead of directly through Otoklura Records as you would have had to do when she was still indies. I still do not think she is very out of reach, though, and would be the perfect addition to the con. Great music for Musicfest, and an extremly nice and intresting person. She is a bit of a geek herself and loves videogames, movies, and collecting toys and figurines, and going to various conventions (not sure if she enjoys anime conventions, though). I still say she is perfect for Fanime, and if she is not at least seriously looked into as a potential guest, I think Fanime is loosing one of the best Musicfest guests they can possibly have.

[/shameless Amano plug]

KawaiiMess

Bring on Johnny Yong Bosch. C'mon, he was Vash, he's Ichigo, he was Renton, he was the black power ranger. I second the Chris Patton. Brad Swailes, maybe, since he's playing Light Yagami in Death Note, and since DN just premired...

Dir en grey is probably a "not a chance" thing, but if they came, I would seriously die. The music fest should have more rock, less pop.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: TofuHiruma on October 24, 2007, 07:38:43 AM
Bring on Johnny Yong Bosch. C'mon, he was Vash, he's Ichigo, he was Renton, he was the black power ranger. I second the Chris Patton. Brad Swailes, maybe, since he's playing Light Yagami in Death Note, and since DN just premired...

Dir en grey is probably a "not a chance" thing, but if they came, I would seriously die. The music fest should have more rock, less pop.

You forgot to mention that he was Kiba in Wolf's Rain

KawaiiMess

Quote from: bahamutknightzero link=topic=7605.msg186127#msg186127 date=1193275006You forgot to mention that he was Kiba in Wolf's Rain
/quote]

Yes yes, that too. :D He rocks.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

Kazuko

I want plastic tree =x but thats not going to happen~ oh no sir-ee

I really though I want Mitsukazu Mihara to come, shes a great manga-ka

Bring back Ruben he was loads of fun! so were mechanical panda!!!

Karma Shenjin too <3

Paladin Cecil

This is a really good topic idea. Is this the first time that a guest suggestion topic has been posted at this board?

Names I'd like to see:

Vic Mignogna
Aaron Dismuke
Travis Willingham (all three voices of FMA characters)
Matt Hill
Venus Terzo (both of Gundam Seed fame)
Shiloh Strong (voice of Zelos from Tales of Symphonia)
Brad Swaile (voice of Quatre from GW)
Kirby Morrow (voice of Trowa from GW)

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on October 25, 2007, 09:19:51 PM

Names I'd like to see:

Venus Terzo (both of Gundam Seed fame)

Don't forget that she was involved with Ranma ½. Which is ALL the more reason to bring her on-board.
Then again... that would sort of make the chance of bringing Richard Ian Cox to Fanime about nil & nigh... sort'a awkward if you know what I mean.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Ska_Kitti

I'd like to see Greg Ayers come to Fanime. The only problem with his invite is that he prefers to come with other VA's. Chris Patton is a good one to bring.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

GokuMew2

Now that it's been announced that Kiuchi Hidenobu is coming to Fanime, how about someone to compliment him? Like... Suwabe Junichi??? X.DDD More wishful thinking on my part, but yeah, they'd make an awesome combination of guests!

So excited to meet Kiuchi! I hope Fanime gets more guests like this for 2008 and in the future!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

DemonLordZabuza

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Cowpunk

Of course Yamaga-san.

I'd add:

Monkey Punch, his idea of fun is to hang out and talk to attendies.

Megimi Hayashibara

Fred Schodt - he has a new book out on Tezuka (The Astro Boy Essays)

Helen McCarthy

Toren Smith

And of course I'm always willing to hop BART down from Oakland if you want me again.

Gilles - I love Fanime - Poitras
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

KyraEnsui

XD Here it goes:

Seiyuu:
Sakurai Takahiro
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Hoshi Souichirou
Ishida Akira
Miyano Mamoru
Romi Paku
Suwabe Junichi
Suzumura Kenichi
Fukuyama Jun

Mangaka:
You Higuri
Tateno Makoto
Odagiri Hotaru
Kannagi Sotoru
Asato Eiri

Singers/Band:
Nami Tamaki
TM Revolution
Camino
Sachi Tainaka

GokuMew2

Love your list, Kyra. ;)
It's sadly lacking Hatano Wataru and Suzuki Tatsuhisa though! Oh wait-- It's your list, not mine. ;D

Fanime needs to get Waccha and Tatsu and make them sing for us!!
< Mew >

KyraEnsui

;D How about adding Takuma Terashima too? They all can perform live on stage. *nod nod* XDD Or take them to the arcade room.

RyuHayabusa

I also want:

Miyuki Sawashiro-Shinku, Rozen Maiden, Reika-Goshusho-sama Ninomiya Kun, Mint-Galaxy Angel, Maria-Sayonara Setzubou Sensei

Natsuko Kuwatani-Suiseiseki, Rozen Maiden, Tweedledee-Kiddy Grade, Lutecia and Alph-Nanoha series, Yue Ayase-Negima?! Ryoko Asakura-Haruhi Suzmiya

Rie Tanaka-Suigintou, Maria-Hayate The Combat Butler, Lacus Clyne-Gundam Seed, Simca-Air Gear, Chobits-Chii, Yomi-Azumanga Daioh

Peach-Pit-Creators of Rozen Maiden, DearS, Zombie Loan and now Shugo Chara :3

Along with Musical Guests

-Camino
-Girguramesh
-Despair's Ray
-Nami Tamaki
-Ali Project

My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

deonchan

Not sure if they have been put out there yet and I've rumors on some but

fred gallagher aka piro of Mega Tokyo
Tim Buckley of Ctrl+Alt+Del
Voltaire
Gackt
3 Nation
CHEMISTRY
M-Flo

That's all I can think of... for now :D
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Akira Miyamoto

Aya Hirano would make an awesome musical guest.

Also, it would be cool if either Tim Buckley or Fred Gallagher made an appearance.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

GokuMew2

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 13, 2007, 09:09:02 AM
;D How about adding Takuma Terashima too? They all can perform live on stage. *nod nod* XDD Or take them to the arcade room.

Takkun~~~ X.DDD
Haha, that would be awesome if they sang the Saint Beast ED. Oh how I love that song! So catchy. .^^ But yes, it would be amewsing to see them all in the gaming room. But if they were coming to game, we'd have to add Ichiki Mitsuhiro into the mix. He recently dug out his old SNES to play King of Fighters, LoL. And he plays KOF at the ge-sen too. (I'm highly amewsed that Ichiki is a Gackt fanboy, haha.) Man I love'd to see them have one of their Monster Hunter gatherings, LoL.
< Mew >