Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

FanFicGuru

Well, it's been a day. Time to start calling people for next year!

Aya Hirano- Voice of Haruhi Suzumiya in Japan, great singer and a total cutie. I would love to see her come out to Fanime.

Crispin Freeman- Voice of Kyon in the English Dub, as well as Alucard from Hellsing and many other great voices. Hosts a 'mythology in Anime' panel that would be really interesting for people to see I think.

Hiroyuki Yamaga- Bring him back! His panel on Gurren Lagaan was great. He said something about trying to bring Kamina's voice actor to America with him next year, try to have him bring an entourage with him!

Ric Meyers- Bring this guy back too. He's so interesting and I really enjoyed chatting it up with him over the weekend.

Matt Greenfield- ADV co-founder and really cool guy. I'd love to see ADV at Fanime next year. He's married to Tiffany Grant too so maybe we could get a 2 for 1 deal and bring Asuka out too? hehehe

Video Game Companies- Square-Enix representatives, Atlus, EA and other companies coming to Fanime to announce new games would be really cool. I have contact info for Atlus if the guest coordinator wants to exchange some information.

That's about it for now.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Karisma Black

I second Crispin Freeman as a guest.

LadyKaren

The original Chair and Founder of FanimeCon.

mDuo13

Music:
Yuki Kajiura
Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts
UVERworld
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Boa (the UK band who did "Duvet", not the J-Pop artist, though she's fine too)
Beat Crusaders
KINYA
Aya Hirano
Maaya Sakamoto
savage genius
YKZ
Taku Iwasaki
KOTOKO
Akeboshi
Michiru Oshima
Joe Hisaishi

Art:
Kosuke Fujishima
Ken Akamatsu
Tony Taka
Takehito Harada
Range Murata
Yoshitoshi Abe

darkknightcecil

Music:
An Cafe
Gackt?(maybe impossibel but none the less +D)
403 Forbiddena
Nightmare

Guests:
Vic Mignogna - Bunch of people want the voice of Edward Elric to come So yeah
thats about it i can think of

Nina Star 9

AMANO. TSUKIKO.

Enough said.  :lol:

M

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Ric Meyers- Bring this guy back too. He's so interesting and I really enjoyed chatting it up with him over the weekend.
Ric Meyers is an awesome guy overall and interesting to talk to. ^_^

Spoiler alert though!
Two of our guests next year include... Our two co-chairs.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tsubasa

More or less what I posted last year, but with a few adjustments:

Seiyuu:
-Noto Mamiko
-Tamura Yukari
-Mizuki Nana
-Ochai Yurika
-Ueda Kana
-Itou Shizuka
-Itou Miki
-Hirano Aya
-Horie Yui
-Sanada Asami
-Minami Omi
-Fuchizaki Yuriko
-Kuwashima Houko

Illustrators/Mangakas:
-Mitsumi Misato
-Amaduyu Tatsuki
-Nakamura Takeshi
-Nanase Aoi
-Ikegami Akane
-Inui Sekihiko
-Komatsu "C02A" Eiji
-Taka Tony
-Amano Kozue
-Takeuchi Takashi
-Naoto Tenhiro
-Suzuhira Hiro
-Carnelian

Musicians:
-Any I'VE Sound members (MAKO, Ayana, Lia, KOTOKO, STEPHANIE, etc.)
-Nakayama Arisa
-Suara
-angela
-Iijima Mari
-The Indigo

I like to think that a number of these guests are pretty reasonable requests as they aren't super huge and thus, potentially bookable.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"More or less what I posted last year, but with a few adjustments:

Seiyuu:
-Noto Mamiko
-Tamura Yukari
-Mizuki Nana
-Ochai Yurika
-Ueda Kana
-Itou Shizuka
-Itou Miki
-Hirano Aya
-Horie Yui
-Sanada Asami
-Minami Omi
-Fuchizaki Yuriko
-Kuwashima Houko

Illustrators/Mangakas:
-Mitsumi Misato
-Amaduyu Tatsuki
-Nakamura Takeshi
-Nanase Aoi
-Ikegami Akane
-Inui Sekihiko
-Komatsu "C02A" Eiji
-Taka Tony
-Amano Kozue
-Takeuchi Takashi
-Naoto Tenhiro
-Suzuhira Hiro
-Carnelian

Musicians:
-Any I'VE Sound members (MAKO, Ayana, Lia, KOTOKO, STEPHANIE, etc.)
-Nakayama Arisa
-Suara
-angela
-Iijima Mari
-The Indigo

I like to think that a number of these guests are pretty reasonable requests as they aren't super huge and thus, potentially bookable.

Concur'd and reposted. kthx

Also, add Minoru Shiraishi and Tomokazu Sugita to the seiyuu list.
epic progressive

vox

Magical Senpai

Seiyuu: (in addition to the above)

-Ayako Kawasumi
-Rie Tanaka
-Rie Kugimiya

Chun

I would like Sekihiko Inui-sensei to return to Fanime next year.

He explicitly said in his panel that if he were to be invited back, he'd definately do so. So please invite him kthxbye :P.

Also, it would be great if AX wasn't the only one who got the trio from TMOSH, Hirano Aya, Goto Yuko, Minoru Chihaya.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

slifertheskydragon

Crispin Freeman is going to be a guest at Sac-Anime 2007 in July.

Just like 5 hours from San jose.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "slifertheskydragon"Crispin Freeman is going to be a guest at Sac-Anime 2007 in July.

Just like 5 hours from San jose.

Yeah, freeman went to Sac-anime last year too. I'm hoping he'll be up to coming to Fanime.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

mDuo13

Quote from: "Chun"I would like Sekihiko Inui-sensei to return to Fanime next year.

He explicitly said in his panel that if he were to be invited back, he'd definately do so. So please invite him kthxbye :P.
He was pretty cool. I'd like him back.

Also, pleasepleaseplease, Takamura Kazuhiro again onegaishimasu. He was awesome and I've only gained more respect for him over the past year.

GokuMew2

Haha, already a guest thread? Okay, here goes~

Seiyuu
** Suwabe Junichi **
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Konishi Katsuyuki
Fukuyama Jun
Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Minagawa Junko
Okiayu Ryoutarou
Sakurai Takahiro
...many others

Mangaka
Yamane Ayano
Sakuragi Yaya
Shimizu Yuki
Watase Yuu

Music
ELLEGARDEN
B'z
UVERworld
Rie fu
Younha
the I've people
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Pimpstress Rei

I'm sorry, I don't mean this in a mean way, but I can't stop laughing at some of the musical requests. I know that these are just suggestions, but please remember we're a small con and we don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars (for some of them, millions of dollars) to pay for these guests to come. It's like us getting U2 to play for us. It's not going to happen @_@
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

zoupzuop2

Joseph Palmer again plzkthx.

And, while this is wishful thinking, if my band is doing well enough by then, can we play at F'08?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Tenba

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"please remember we're a small con and we don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars (for some of them, millions of dollars) to pay for these guests to come. It's like us getting U2 to play for us. It's not going to happen @_@
It's nice to dream, and it's good to hope.  I wouldn't have thought that a few local clubs could get together and end up having GAINAX come for 11 years running, and Yamaga-san has brought in many spectacular guests over the years.  And, it's going to be the 15th anniversary of FanimeCon.  Can't Fanime make that be worth something?  Fanime wouldn't be asking them to play any old year: they'd be invited to play for the 15th anniversary celebration!

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"I'm sorry, I don't mean this in a mean way, but I can't stop laughing at some of the musical requests. I know that these are just suggestions, but please remember we're a small con and we don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars (for some of them, millions of dollars) to pay for these guests to come. It's like us getting U2 to play for us. It's not going to happen @_@
I certainly hope this was directed at other requests and not mine. Yes, Amano's name is being put out there a lot more than it was before, but she is still relatively small. She's indies, still considered underground by most, and from what I have heard from various people that have met her, she would LOVE to come to America and meet more of her international fans. (Just to put things in a bit of perspective- the main theory as to why she is now indies again is that she was not making enough money for Ponycanyon, which is fueled even more by the fact that it has been stated that is her latest single did not do well enough, the record label she is on would most likely shut down. I do not think that someone, even if fairly known, that has this kind of problem is too unreasonable for the convention. Certainly more in the realm of reason than some of the requests that I have seen here, which, as I said, is what I hope you were reffering to.)

yumicchi88

Voice Actor/Actress:
Aya Hirano (voices of Haruhi Suzumiya[Melancholy of H.S], Misa[Death note])
Tomokazu Seki (voices of Kyo Sohma[Fruits basket], Chichiri[Fushigi Yuugi])
Souichiro Hoshi (voices of Kira Yamato[gundam seed], Gokuu[Saiyuki])

artist:
UVERworld
Hitomi Takahashi
CAMINO
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!