Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

zoupzuop2

I agree, to some extent, with Chun. However, should we choose this venue, we most CERTAINLY SHOULD NOT ask until/unless they've sampled a better American convention, and even then, give them some breathing time/space. I doubt that people of such importance would enjoy being prodded and pried at every second of every day immediately after their previous experience was an absolute disgrace.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

BunofGovt

Having just got back from SacAnime, I'm requesting that you all ask VA Chris Patton and his band PLID for Fanime in 2008 or 2009, if schedules allow.  And Spike Spencer.

OMGHilarious!!!!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

mDuo13

Obviously a group like ROUND TABLE ft. Nino would be really difficult if not impossible for Fanime... but what about CHORO CLUB? They're pretty niche so far as I've seen.

Also, someone please try to get the manga-ka Kozue Amano out here. NOBODY has heard of her (at least, we suspect from the name that Kozue Amano is female) but her art is simply beautiful.

Also, for seiyuu, Makino Yui is just starting to become popular but she has a wonderful voice (Tsubasa Chronicle's Sakura, as well as a number of OP themes).

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"Obviously a group like ROUND TABLE ft. Nino would be really difficult if not impossible for Fanime... but what about CHORO CLUB? They're pretty niche so far as I've seen.

Also, someone please try to get the manga-ka Kozue Amano out here. NOBODY has heard of her (at least, we suspect from the name that Kozue Amano is female) but her art is simply beautiful.

Also, for seiyuu, Makino Yui is just starting to become popular but she has a wonderful voice (Tsubasa Chronicle's Sakura, as well as a number of OP themes).

ARIA-obsessed, are we? :3

But then again, I totally agree...
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "mDuo13"Obviously a group like ROUND TABLE ft. Nino would be really difficult if not impossible for Fanime... but what about CHORO CLUB? They're pretty niche so far as I've seen.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't you tell I was being subtle about it?

Leviathan

Quote from: "BunofGovt"Having just got back from SacAnime, I'm requesting that you all ask VA Chris Patton and his band PLID for Fanime in 2008 or 2009, if schedules allow.  And Spike Spencer.

OMGHilarious!!!!

Yes I agree with this. Chris said that if you invite him, he will come. Same for Vic Mignogna, I asked him at AX and he would love to come if the heads invite. Crispin Freeman would love to come back too, especially since he hasn't been back since 2002. Saw him at Sac-Anime and he would be delighted to return.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't you tell I was being subtle about it?

When you cite Kozue Amano, you're not subtle. XD
epic progressive

vox

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: "Leviathan"
Quote from: "BunofGovt"Having just got back from SacAnime, I'm requesting that you all ask VA Chris Patton and his band PLID for Fanime in 2008 or 2009, if schedules allow.  And Spike Spencer.

OMGHilarious!!!!

Yes I agree with this. Chris said that if you invite him, he will come. Same for Vic Mignogna, I asked him at AX and he would love to come if the heads invite. Crispin Freeman would love to come back too, especially since he hasn't been back since 2002. Saw him at Sac-Anime and he would be delighted to return.

I'd love to see that happen, please make this happen

pockystix

Shiraishi Minoru.

He just has to come, and you know it.
New sn = Meirin

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "pockystix"Shiraishi Minoru.

I second this.

COME ON EVERYONE LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

I second this.

That would be one heck of a coup. I rike.
pachipachi.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "mDuo13"

I second this.

That would be one heck of a coup. I rike.
pachipachi.
yea, for me this would be worth going to fanime alone. bring us Sebastian, lol.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

mDuo13

I'd still rather have Kozue Amano or Makino Yui, but...

oh! How about you bring us Animate Tenchou?!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"I'd still rather have Kozue Amano or Makino Yui, but...

oh! How about you bring us Animate Tenchou?!

Now you're going insane from work. :3
epic progressive

vox

BrightHeart76

OMGHilarious!!!!

Crispin Freeman...please Crispin Freeman.  I just about drove my broke butt down to Sacramento last month cause it was a chance to meet him, but I got a job two days before.  I think it would be really great if you were able to get him.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jehuty

Quote from: "BrightHeart76"

OMGHilarious!!!!

Crispin Freeman...please Crispin Freeman.  I just about drove my broke butt down to Sacramento last month cause it was a chance to meet him, but I got a job two days before.  I think it would be really great if you were able to get him.

I talked to Monica Rial a lot at AX, she said she'd come to Fanime if she were invited as well...her and Chris Patton are friends, so it'd work...lol...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Lolita_Technica

Bring back Reuben...Bring back Reuben....
Or Dan Southworth.
(Amazing, alot of people, when I was waiting in line for Reuben Langdon, were saying that they weren't aware that Reuben was coming.)

astroboy

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"I'm sorry, I don't mean this in a mean way, but I can't stop laughing at some of the musical requests. I know that these are just suggestions, but please remember we're a small con and we don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars (for some of them, millions of dollars) to pay for these guests to come. It's like us getting U2 to play for us. It's not going to happen @_@
One of my friends is named Megumi. At a previous FanimeCon I was walking around looking for her one time and instead I saw some of my other friends standing around. I walked up to them and asked:
"Have you seen Megumi?"
Some random Fanime attendee standing nearby looked at me and gave me a really skeptical look:

"Megumi Hayashibara? I don't think she's here at Fanime Con!"

:roll:

koella

I would like AAA to come!
Otakon was able to get a hold of them, I think Fanime would be able to, too.  They're a pretty new band and it'd be nice to introduce them to more people in America.

Ryumon Hozukimaru

I agree wih Lolita_Technica about Ruben. He was great last year....and while were at it try to Johnny Yong Bosch. It would be cool to have both Dante and Nero.

For music Camino.......I know it is a long shot but Gackt.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy