Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 14, 2007, 03:14:26 PM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 13, 2007, 09:09:02 AM
;D How about adding Takuma Terashima too? They all can perform live on stage. *nod nod* XDD Or take them to the arcade room.

Takkun~~~ X.DDD
Haha, that would be awesome if they sang the Saint Beast ED. Oh how I love that song! So catchy. .^^ But yes, it would be amewsing to see them all in the gaming room. But if they were coming to game, we'd have to add Ichiki Mitsuhiro into the mix. He recently dug out his old SNES to play King of Fighters, LoL. And he plays KOF at the ge-sen too. (I'm highly amewsed that Ichiki is a Gackt fanboy, haha.) Man I love'd to see them have one of their Monster Hunter gatherings, LoL.

I love the song too. XD That's why I bought the single when it first came out. ^^;; Just have a hard time denoting who's who singing. Haha.. Wow. I learned something new~! Most interesting is all of them in one room, with a Wii and playing Smash Bros. XDD!! I wonder how crazy they'll get.

GokuMew2

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 16, 2007, 10:01:42 AMMost interesting is all of them in one room, with a Wii and playing Smash Bros. XDD!! I wonder how crazy they'll get.[/color]

They're more likely to whip out their PSPs and have a Monster Hunter tournament, LoL.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 16, 2007, 05:35:33 PM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 16, 2007, 10:01:42 AMMost interesting is all of them in one room, with a Wii and playing Smash Bros. XDD!! I wonder how crazy they'll get.[/color]

They're more likely to whip out their PSPs and have a Monster Hunter tournament, LoL.

XD!! I remember that. Wah~! I do hope Fanime get more seiyuus over here.

darkknightcecil

Vic Mignogna voice of Ed in FMA
'nuff said

Jehuty

Dunno about "nuff said", lol...j/k

Nah but seriously, there IS a fanbase for Dub actors here...I'm not saying we don't TRY, but it would be cool to get some of the bigger names in English Voice Acting to come to Fanime (deja vu' over here, lol).

Not to name-drop, but some of the aforementioned guests would be some awesome "acquisitions" I guess would be the word. Vic Mignogna (sp?), Chris Patton, Greg Ayres, Monica Rial have all been previously mentioned and IMHO would make for some pretty good "gets." Greg Ayres would be nifty, as he often hosts a panel concerning the "Hot Button" issue of Anime Downloadingl something I think is pretty interesting given the events concerning Geneon.

Just a suggestion...hope it gets read...^_^
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

slifertheskydragon

PLEASE INVITE DAN GREEN.

HE NEVER COMES TO CONS ON THE WEST COAST!!! HE'S ONLY GONE TO AUSTRALIA!!! D:

He works in New York!!! D: !!!!

PyronIkari

Haruko Momoi is a possibility. She likes conventions, and likes going out, seeing fans, seeing new things, but you'd have to get a hold of her early. She's usually pretty busy.

Hmmm. I've been doing some thinking and what not.

Polysics is easilly a possibility(but only a possibility, seeing that you'd have to go through their US contacts now for rights etc.)

People are making a bad assumption about "guests" though. It's not that a guest is too big of a name to get, and that they have to aim for niche... it's that you have to aim for realistic, in terms of whether the guest would want to come, for one... and whether or not their parent company would want them to(how they can be promoted). Being niche doesn't really help the con very much, because most people don't care to see random x person that they've never heard of, and without the interest, the person has not much reason to go.

Guests like Hirano Aya and the such, would be a huge pain in the ass to get, not because of the guest itself, but because of the companies that own her. They know she's huge right now, so it's lots of hurdles to get the guest, on both the US front and Japanese front. If you know anyone on staff of AX in a semi-high position you can hear the stories of what had to be done there.

With that being said... Bands I think would do well at fanime, and are semi-realistic

Ellegarden- A Japanese punk band. Here's the thing, most of their songs are in English(a good 70% or so) or mixed English and Japanese. So it doesn't alienate people that don't want to listen to JP music. They've done shows in the US including Sakura-con in Seattle 2 years ago. They've toured the East Coast as well played a show in LA. They are amazing live(better than they are on album honestly since his English is near flawless now).They're pretty big in Japan, and they have a growing fandom in the US. They just released a US album, so this would be a HUGE chance for them to promote, so opportunity wise, it would be very good for them.

Momoi Haruko- As said. She likes the US, she likes going to different areas, meeting new fans, etc. etc. etc. She'd probably want to go just to see San Francisco/San Jose but she's usually really busy so advance notice would be key. Queen of Akihabara.

Wakamoto Norio- One of the most amazing men in VA'ing today. He's been doing rolls since... forever. He's been in practically every series. Dragon Ball Z, Zoids, Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Disgaea, Ninja Scrolls, Maison Ikkoku, Plastic Little, Record of Lodoss Wars, Sazae-San, Legend of Galactic Heroes and the list goes on and on... and he still goes strong. Along side Koyasu, he is probably the male VA I respect the most.

Polysics: For reasons stated above, as well as what Alkaline said.

Shaft: Okay, Shaft is the company. But Shaft has been one of the most underappreciated companies in the industry despite all the amazing work they've done. Animation for Honey and Clover, Pani Poni Dash, Angel Sanctuary, Sousei no Aquarion, Eureka Seven, Rec, Mahoromatic, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Tenchi movies, Street Fighter the movie, Urusei Yatsura...

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS.

They've done amazing work for decades, for extremely popular series, but always get ignored compared to, Gonzo, KyoAni and other "famous" companies.

As for people I would like to see, but don't really have a realistic chance.

Radwimps- They've never done anything outside of Japan that I know of, but damn if I don't love them.

Tokyo Jihen-Shiina Ringo's band. I don't really need to say much more than that.

Rie Tanaka

Tamura Yukari

Both of them... g'uh... so... amazing.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 24, 2007, 07:23:36 AM
Haruko Momoi is a possibility. She likes conventions, and likes going out, seeing fans, seeing new things, but you'd have to get a hold of her early. She's usually pretty busy.

You wish.

QuoteTokyo Jihen-Shiina Ringo's band. I don't really need to say much more than that.

... I wish.

QuoteWakamoto Norio.

His roles are pretty gar and/or creepy. But I suppose that's pretty respectable, too. XD;

As for the bands mentioned before like Polysics, Ellegarden, Dir en Grey, Karma Shenjing... have all played in America, before. Fanime has become pretty big, so if guest relations handle it well, it definitely isn't impossible.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Nina Star 9

I still stand by Amano Tsukiko being realistic. She loves her fans and loves meeting her fans, she would probably enjoy an American anime convention (as she tends to be a bit of a geek herself and does like to go to cons, I just do not know how often she goes to anime cons), and I think that she would really appeal to the people at Fanime. The only thing is that I do not know how difficult it is to work with SMA-Players to get her out here, and it depends on the schedule of her band (because just Amano herself would be pretty much useless). What goes along with that is how this would advantage the company and how they could promote her, which could easily be as simple as trying to spread knowledge of her incredible talent and increase her fanbase, but since I don't think like a company, I cannot help with insight into that very much.

Have I also mentioned that she's just all-around amazing, and that's reason enough to bring her out? :D
(Oh, and she has been trying to learn English recently, which is another plus, since her American fans would then be able to understand her more without a translator.)

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on November 24, 2007, 08:36:00 AM
I still stand by Amano Tsukiko being realistic. She loves her fans and loves meeting her fans, she would probably enjoy an American anime convention (as she tends to be a bit of a geek herself and does like to go to cons, I just do not know how often she goes to anime cons), and I think that she would really appeal to the people at Fanime. The only thing is that I do not know how difficult it is to work with SMA-Players to get her out here, and it depends on the schedule of her band (because just Amano herself would be pretty much useless). What goes along with that is how this would advantage the company and how they could promote her, which could easily be as simple as trying to spread knowledge of her incredible talent and increase her fanbase, but since I don't think like a company, I cannot help with insight into that very much.

Have I also mentioned that she's just all-around amazing, and that's reason enough to bring her out? :D
(Oh, and she has been trying to learn English recently, which is another plus, since her American fans would then be able to understand her more without a translator.)

I don't know if her fandom is realistically big enough, outside of fans of her singles for Fatal Frame series, to be brought as a guest to Fanime. I doubt it-- but if it is managed, whether or not people would know of her, she'd probably be appealing to both anime fans and jrockers at the con since her performance would probably be pretty stylish. :D~

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

More impossibly awesome guests.

Iosys
Zun

It basically goes against doujin rule for them to come, so the chances of them coming is basically 0, but it doesn't change that they'd be awesome guests to listen to. Zun as a programmer, designer, and as a composer, all of it would be so awesome to listen to.

Iosys just to listen to them talk about their ideas and where it all comes from.

Some more realistic guests.

Some of the members of I've. Preferably, not Kotoko. Kotoko has already been to the US, so a different I've member would have a more exclusive appeal(and prove that, Kotoko isn't the only person that people care about). Kawada Mami would be my first pick in terms of personal preference. Mell or Shiho as my second pick.

kat-hime

Music:
Aya Hirano
AnCafe
Asian Kung-Fu Generation

VAs:
Vic Mignogna
and i think.. the Anime TV cast?

that would be so great^^

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 24, 2007, 08:46:53 AMI don't know if her fandom is realistically big enough, outside of fans of her singles for Fatal Frame series, to be brought as a guest to Fanime. I doubt it-- but if it is managed, whether or not people would know of her, she'd probably be appealing to both anime fans and jrockers at the con since her performance would probably be pretty stylish. :D~
That's another issue. Her obscurity. There would be little interest from the Fanime goers as it is, true. But I think that if she were promoted well enough (on the forums, by the con), with samples, link to her site, etc., we could easily generate interest, since there are already more fans than you would expect to find, plus that her music would be completly awesome for the Fanime target audience, as you have said, it wouldn't be too difficult to drum up interest. Which is partly where I come in, as a one-girl army trying to get that.

I don't really keep up with who the guests are, but surely there have been some pretty obscure yet totally awesome artists that have been brought out in recent years? Even though I am clearly biased, I still believe that it is doable, even if it will take some work to generate the fanbase needed. I don't see her really pulling very far out of her current obscurity anytime in the very near future (except, hopefully, with more upcoming information on Fatal Frame IV, more fans will be pulled in), so why miss out on an extremly amazing guest because of her obscurity?

Than again, I do see the issues with it not seeming to be worthwhile to bring out a guest that has so few fans at the con already, but I still say that since she does appeal to so many people (people into hardcore j-rock, people into poppier things, people into great shows, people into great costuming, people into beautiful women, etc.), many people would be very pleased to discover her. She has a special gift of really being able to connect with fans, and her music can relate to so many people, that she really would be a great choice.

[/pro-Amano propaganda]

GokuMew2

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 24, 2007, 07:23:36 AM
Ellegarden- A Japanese punk band. Here's the thing, most of their songs are in English(a good 70% or so) or mixed English and Japanese. So it doesn't alienate people that don't want to listen to JP music. They've done shows in the US including Sakura-con in Seattle 2 years ago. They've toured the East Coast as well played a show in LA. They are amazing live(better than they are on album honestly since his English is near flawless now).They're pretty big in Japan, and they have a growing fandom in the US. They just released a US album, so this would be a HUGE chance for them to promote, so opportunity wise, it would be very good for them.

Momoi Haruko- As said. She likes the US, she likes going to different areas, meeting new fans, etc. etc. etc. She'd probably want to go just to see San Francisco/San Jose but she's usually really busy so advance notice would be key. Queen of Akihabara.

Wakamoto Norio- One of the most amazing men in VA'ing today. He's been doing rolls since... forever. He's been in practically every series. Dragon Ball Z, Zoids, Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Disgaea, Ninja Scrolls, Maison Ikkoku, Plastic Little, Record of Lodoss Wars, Sazae-San, Legend of Galactic Heroes and the list goes on and on... and he still goes strong. Along side Koyasu, he is probably the male VA I respect the most.

I'm with ya on ELLEGARDEN. I've missed all the concerts they've had in the States. .T___T Takeshiiiiiiiiiiii~~~!!!!!!

As for Momoi Haruko, uh, she seems very high-maintenance. I'll just leave it at that.

Wakamoto Norio eh? I'm just thinking of the Britannian Emperor and Ten no Koe, haha. He's not on the top of my list personally, but it'd be pretty cool to have a veteran seiyuu.
< Mew >

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 26, 2007, 04:28:17 PM
As for Momoi Haruko, uh, she seems very high-maintenance. I'll just leave it at that.

High-maintenance? The treatment she got at AX would be unfit for ANY guest you could bring to a con.

Not only did she not have a hotel room when she arrived, nor was she treated as a guest by staff workers, but they almost had to cancel her concert because of faulty scheduling. She loves her fans, so she chose to cancel all her events prior to her concert so she could perform to avoid disappointing them. Pleasing her fans, to her, was rewarding and more important than everything that went wrong... but I'm sure if it were any other guest, they'd be furious.

FanimaidCafe.com

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 27, 2007, 05:30:17 AM
Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 26, 2007, 04:28:17 PM

High-maintenance? The treatment she got at AX would be unfit for ANY guest you could bring to a con.

Not only did she not have a hotel room when she arrived, nor was she treated as a guest by staff workers, but they almost had to cancel her concert because of faulty scheduling. She loves her fans, so she chose to cancel all her events prior to her concert so she could perform to avoid disappointing them. Pleasing her fans, to her, was rewarding and more important than everything that went wrong... but I'm sure if it were any other guest, they'd be furious.

QFT.
epic progressive

vox

GokuMew2

Oh, I understand that. I'm just saying in general.
I would say this for any real big idol. I don't mean to single out Momoi or anything.
< Mew >

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 27, 2007, 04:31:57 PM

Oh, I understand that. I'm just saying in general.
I would say this for any real big idol. I don't mean to single out Momoi or anything.

Actually, a friend of mine that's familiar with Momoi corrected me and told me she can be pretty high-maintenance. XD; Neeeevermind.

But AX staff was pretty shitty that year, still. Sorry, I meant... AX staff was REALLY shitty that year.

FanimaidCafe.com